HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:42 AM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,311 Posts
I cripped the connectors down tighter, and added CA to it. Seems to be holding now but could still use some adjustment. I trust it enough that I hope to get a couple gental flights on it today.
creapyd is online now Find More Posts by creapyd
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:03 AM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd View Post
I cripped the connectors down tighter, and added CA to it. Seems to be holding now but could still use some adjustment. I trust it enough that I hope to get a couple gental flights on it today.
Gentle???? lol That will take some serious self control with this bird.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:06 AM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,024 Posts
Bushings

To all that I am fabbing bushings for. I have had a rough week of craziness at work, normal workload, new machine setups, moving shop around etc. I am on track for this week though and will update soon. Sorry for the delay
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:43 PM
Crash - Rebuild - Repeat
Atlanta, GA
Joined Aug 2007
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
ill try this again...

does anyone have a spare motor box because i broke mine today.
I have a motor box...but i'm kinda using it.
efether is offline Find More Posts by efether
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:05 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
What's with the weather? That's not why I moved to FL (contrary to popular belief not everyone is FL is old ). Yesterday it was raining all day, and today was raining on and off so I only managed 5 flights. Twice I had to land half way through as it started pouring. I was tempted to fly with the Tx in a Nylon bag...

Hovering is improving. I tried not to over control it and it makes a big difference. In fact, I actually tried hands off hovering with my right hand a few times for fun.
Turns out without the pilot the Plane hovers much better...
I was also better with the throttle. Height remained pretty consistent without altitude gain tough eventually it does plop out of the sky so i do need to manage the throttle better.

This plane lands so smoothly it is mind boggling. It is like a feather touching down. I never had anything like that. I end up having approaches which are unnecessarily long but then just fly it and land it straight to my feet.

I still don't know how to elevator or harrier . The plane was either gliding, or looping, or standing still... I'll devote the whole of next weekend to it.

One thing was odd tough. Last week I was doing cuban 8's and it was a blast. Today I tried "Inside Outside Cuban 8" (i.e. no rolls) and on the first loop's exist when pulling down to start the second outside loop it wasn't able to hold it and rolled. I tried a few times. I dare say it is not the pilot as I was doing it right after with the Formosa... Maybe it is becuase I am still running at 4V? Maybe that also explains why KE is not as it should be. I called my LHS and ordered a programming card for the CC BEC which should be here before next weekend so will see if that's it.

Must... sneak... out... of... work... this... week... This Plane is too much fun to wait until next weekend...
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:28 PM
Prefectionist
Joined Mar 2007
1,311 Posts
I got a couple flights on my 48. I'm using 2200 3s with the 14x7 prop. It's ... alright. I need to work on the rudder throw as the hitech 65's are really struggling with it. I noticed the ball links are very tight, is there a recommended way of loosening them?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:41 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
I got a couple flights on my 48. I'm using 2200 3s with the 14x7 prop. It's ... alright. I need to work on the rudder throw as the hitech 65's are really struggling with it. I noticed the ball links are very tight, is there a recommended way of loosening them?
To give a frame of reference what other planes are you flying? If this Edge was just... Ok then you're either flying something crazy good or something is wrong with you're setup.

To loosen the ball links just pop them in and out of the socket a few times and they will loosen right up.

You may be getting blowback on your rudder. How do you have it setup?
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:03 PM
Prefectionist
Joined Mar 2007
1,311 Posts
The rudder is setup according to the manual. It's on a hs-65mg with 3dhs servo horn extension. I didn't build it, I purchased it used and went over it and fixed the mistakes I could. the elevator was glued slightly twisted so i can't fix that, and i'm getting unequal throw on the rudder.

In the 3d category I've got a 41" buck huck, and the 51" HobbyKing slick360.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:41 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
The rudder is setup according to the manual. It's on a hs-65mg with 3dhs servo horn extension. I didn't build it, I purchased it used and went over it and fixed the mistakes I could. the elevator was glued slightly twisted so i can't fix that, and i'm getting unequal throw on the rudder.

In the 3d category I've got a 41" buck huck, and the 51" HobbyKing slick360.
To get equal throw on the rudder you're either gonna have to get the servo horn perfectly centered or use your radio to adjust your travel adjust. What holes of the servo arm are you using for the rudder?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:10 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Little sunset roller practice. Camera angle was way off.
watch in 720p
3dhs 48 Edge - Sunset Rollin! (5 min 1 sec)
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:23 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Little sunset roller practice. Camera angle was way off.
watch in 720p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg1lDaO9n3c
Daaang! Sweet huckin' Tom!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:26 PM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
Very nice Tom!
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:46 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Thanks guys. I flew at a local field as a guest today. Although I had met a few of the guys before I was extremely nervous. I guess I am so used to flying alone I don't realize what its like flying in front of a bunch of watchers. They were very 3d friendly at this field though. As I went up for my second flight with my 71 one guy shouts out "now your warmed up you can go low". I just smiled at him and took off with an instant snap. That got the peanut gallery going.There was a cross wind to the runway but I came in for a couple very low rotations during a roller. Scared myself even. I shouted out " That low enough?". I heard "Yeah that's low enough show off". Made my afternoon.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:15 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Joined Mar 2010
4,535 Posts
Yeah I fly alone alot too that would be cool though
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:18 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
You guys are so good it is depressing...
Maybe if I hang out here with you long enough it will start to rub off...

I watch these videos in awe.
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member