to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:12 PM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
You know, you are correct! I think I resoldered for nothing. Oh well, practice I guess lol.

I will try this out later today hopefully when I have some time.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Ok, my motor is now working just fine. The ZTW ESC was not calibrated.

Got it set up and so far all is working good now (besides the weird rudder behavior which still needs to be fixed.)
It is better to be safe then sorry IMHO. It sounded like you were questioning your soldering in the first place so that is why I suggested what I did. Glad you got it working. Check your servo too. Make sure it is ok.
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Last edited by AZAerobat; Aug 04, 2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:19 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,063 Posts
Probably.... The actual gear grease is just a very light white lithium grease....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Aug 04, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:32 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,463 Posts
well im a happy boy! i just orderd my 48" edge(blue) with a 130 omega and a 60 amp esc. IM HAPPY! now i wait...
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:37 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
well im a happy boy! i just orderd my 48" edge(blue) with a 130 omega and a 60 amp esc. IM HAPPY! now i wait...
The grin on your face when you fly it will be even bigger than the one you have now! Keep us posted. I'm sure you're gonna love it!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:06 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Congrats! You will love it.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:45 AM
Team Hillbilly
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Nov 2009
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Probably.... The actual gear grease is just a very light white lithium grease....

SteveT
+1 That is what I used when I rebuilt my HB's with MG's.
lhartman89 is offline Find More Posts by lhartman89
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:30 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post
It is better to be safe then sorry IMHO. It sounded like you were questioning your soldering in the first place so that is why I suggested what I did. Glad you got it working. Check your servo too. Make sure it is ok.
Oh I appreciate your advice, sorry for coming off as rude. Yeah I am new to soldering so having to resolder helps the learning process too!

I will remove the pull pull cables on the rudder servo today and check the servo and rudder assembly out.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:22 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Guys make sure you pay a little extra on your mortgage if you can. Even an extra $100/month will save you thousands and thousands of dollars in interest and pay off a lot sooner.
We have had a paid off house for 4 years now thanks to practicing this.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:45 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Do you guys think this would be a good setup? http://www.twistedhobbys.com/Power-C...-Telink-48.htm (I'm on a budget and can't afford to rig it out with the recommended gear.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Roll View Post
For your 48" Edge?

The motor is very light at 78 grams. You may not be able to get a LiPo far enough forward to balance the plane.
Quote:
Hmmmmmm what about on an SHP? With a 2200.......
You might post that question on the 47" SHP thread. I have buddy I fly with that has the SHP. He is using the Glacier 3S 2200 35C packs and I think about 2/3 of the pack is under the cowl.

Below is my 48" Edge with a 3S 2200 sitting in the battery tray. This seems to be a pretty neutral position for me. Very little pull to canopy or belly during knife edge flight. Still messing with CG and trim but I'm getting close.

I've flown the Edge with a 2600mAh pack and have to move it aft about 1" to get the same flight characteristics. I think the 2600 is too heavy though, the plane will sink in knife edge flight.

I haven't tried flying with a 1800mAh.....may try tomorrow morning. If I only have to move it around 1" forward of the 2200 position I think I'd still have space to strap the pack down.
Capt. Roll is online now Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:58 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,076 Posts
Quote:
Hmmmmmm what about on an SHP? With a 2200.......
Not any better, on the SHP with a 103g motor and pull pull rudder the battery is just about all under the cowl.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:57 PM
Mtn Home, Idaho
Joined Feb 2010
443 Posts
where do they get these birds, does 3dhs build anything or are they just a middle man
Evan03 is offline Find More Posts by Evan03
Old Aug 05, 2012, 07:08 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan03 View Post
where do they get these birds, does 3dhs build anything or are they just a middle man
if someone else is building them they sure are keeping it a secret.
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Aug 05, 2012, 07:41 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,460 Posts
They are built in China, then shipped over here. Exactly who builds them, I don't know. What I do know, is that they do an excellent job.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Aug 05, 2012, 07:44 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
if someone else is building them they sure are keeping it a secret.
I'm sure there are some confidentiality agreements in place if there is not a 3DHS owned manufacturing facility.

It's hard to tell if they own a "dedicated" factory that just produces ARF's only for 3DHS or if they contract with a manufacturer(s) to produce X number models every month. I would think if 3DHS, EF, OMP, Aeroworks, H9, HK, etc., had their own production facility they would have better control regarding inventory levels on ARF's and spare parts. They seem to pre-sale and sale their containers and on-hand inventory fairly quickly.

I've often wondered how many actual ARF builders there are in Asia? Are there several that make 80 percent of the ARF's (all brands) and then a bunch of smaller "basement" builders that produce the balance of the ARF's?

I know there is not a better balsa ARF available and their overall quality is very good and consistent. When I purchase one of their planes, get it built and go for the maiden there won't be any surprises.
Capt. Roll is online now Find More Posts by Capt. Roll