HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:02 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrc3 View Post
I don't disagree WRT to Santana's version, its the more rock oriented rendition where Greenies is more bluesie. It is one of the relatively few songs where the cover version is much better known than the original.

So back on topic , my reason I'm reading this thread is that I picked up the 1.5 recently and have been holding off on building until either fall or I managed to work my way through this thread.

I had three 65mg's from a Heli that got upgraded to FBL and digital servos, so rather than buying a fourth, I purchased two Savox MG servos and plan on using them on the rudder and Elevator and use the 65MG's on the ailerons. I'll initially be running a 4S setup because the person who I purchased the Kit from included the hacker motor that is recommended for a 4S setup. I may end up converting to 3S at a later date based on what I've read.

From reading this thread I gathered the following suggestions:
  • Epoxy Free Landing Gear Mod
  • A change to use some Dubro hardware on the servo's for the pull/pull to enable easier adjustment
  • Tape around canopy and make sure to fit the canopy before drilling/installing cowling
  • Rubber washer on wing bolts.
  • Assemble and install elevator without gluing joiner until last. At which point wick in thin CA (or use epoxy which I prefer, as you have plenty pf time for alinement..)
Did I miss any of the build tips?

Mike
Fixed it for you....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:18 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
No edge stuff to report, been getting ready for vacation that starts in the morning. What little hobby time I have had has gone to working on a scratch build pusher made from Foamboard and parts I have laying around. Loosely based on RCPowers F-22/T-50FA as in I'm stealing ideas from both. Last one I built used a cheap 64 mm EDF, this one is getting a Grayson Super Mega Jet V2, 50 amp ESC and Tower Pro 90 servos. Headed to the mountains in the morning for a proper Hillbilly vacation so you guys get a break from my mindless ramblings.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:26 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
No edge stuff to report, been getting ready for vacation that starts in the morning. What little hobby time I have had has gone to working on a scratch build pusher made from Foamboard and parts I have laying around. Loosely based on RCPowers F-22/T-50FA as in I'm stealing ideas from both. Last one I built used a cheap 64 mm EDF, this one is getting a Grayson Super Mega Jet V2, 50 amp ESC and Tower Pro 90 servos. Headed to the mountains in the morning for a proper Hillbilly vacation so you guys get a break from my mindless ramblings.
Have a great vacation man! I just got back from a quick trip to Aruba with my wife. She's pregnant and due in late October so she wanted to get away one last time. We had an awesome time and trips like that help remind me what's really important in life.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:24 AM
Russian Federation, Voronezhskaya oblast, Voronezh
Joined Mar 2011
293 Posts
Have a nice vacation, Marco!

Turnerm, whom you are waiting for? Boy or girl?

Just curious, you, Americans, like to be on the vacation in your country? I don't see many american tourists in Europe.
AlexGold is offline Find More Posts by AlexGold
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:07 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,144 Posts
With the state of the economy less people are vacationing abroad. It is less expensive to stay domestic and I think there is plenty to see here.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:21 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,688 Posts
Only the 1% are vacationing abroad....and I'm not one of them.....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:54 AM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post

SteveT
Ha! ROFL! Probably true. I went on my longest vacation this past spring. Well longest distance for me. I went to Florida. I have been in the west my whole life. I enjoyed it just can't stand humidity. It was weird seeing so much green too.
AZAerobat is online now Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:16 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGold View Post
Have a nice vacation, Marco!

Turnerm, whom you are waiting for? Boy or girl?

Just curious, you, Americans, like to be on the vacation in your country? I don't see many american tourists in Europe.
A boy!

I do a little of both - vacationing in and out of the country. This time we were out of the country.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:31 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post

SteveT
My job takes me around the world. I fly to where ever the ship is then we are at sea for a month, spend 5 days inport, then another month at sea. Then I fly home. My wife wanted to go on a cruise for a vacation she could not understand why I did not think this would be a vacation. I spend half my life on a ship, the last thing I want to do is spend money to go out on one. I told her if she really wanted to go I would send her and the little girl, I'll stay home.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:57 AM
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2009
289 Posts
Sorry if this has been brought up before but this thread is forever long and am feeling too lazy to dig through it.

How does this compare to the 47" SHP? I have a v3 SHP which is awesome but have been eyeing the 1.5 buck huck. With the July sale thinking of pulling the trigger but don't really want to end up with a plane that is too similar to the SHP. Thoughts?
blueapplepaste is offline Find More Posts by blueapplepaste
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:00 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,534 Posts
wait theres a july sale? if i dont get the buck huck in july what is the regular price?
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:19 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
July sale has already expired. No reason to worry now.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:21 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34 View Post
July sale has already expired. No reason to worry now.
darn
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:21 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
Sorry if this has been brought up before but this thread is forever long and am feeling too lazy to dig through it.

How does this compare to the 47" SHP? I have a v3 SHP which is awesome but have been eyeing the 1.5 buck huck. With the July sale thinking of pulling the trigger but don't really want to end up with a plane that is too similar to the SHP. Thoughts?
Good question. I've many times considered getting the 47" SHP but was also concerned that it would be too similar to the 48" Edge so I've opted for other planes. So while I can't tell you much about the direct comparison I can give you some of my views on how the Edge flies...
  • Rock steady in both upright and inverted harrier
  • Hovers are among the easiest I've ever done. It will won't to torque roll pretty hard depending on your motor choice (I've got the Omega 130g) but not quite as hard as the Slicks will.
  • SUPER floaty if you're going with a 3s setup.
  • It doesn't carve very precise lines - especially compared to something like a Slick. To me it feels sort of like it wants to drag its tail along behind the plane.
  • VERY confidence inspiring plane.
  • Rollers are very easy but again - not super crisp (unless you're Joe Smith)
  • Pop tops are doable but not nearly as nimble as a Slick would perform them.
  • KE Spins are awesome. This is the easiest plane I've ever tried to KE spin with.
  • KE flight - this plane in KING in KE flight... especially high alpha KE flight.
  • Overall - it's a tremendously fun plane and one that I will always keep in my hangar. It was my first 3DHS plane (and first real 3D plane for that matter) so I seem to have quite an attachment to it.
  • Oh - and tumbles are cool and fun with this plane too. Blenders are also awesome.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:21 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,534 Posts
anyone know when the 130 will be back in stock?