SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:42 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
A couple of pics from this last weekend.....
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:03 PM
Russian Federation, Voronezhskaya oblast, Voronezh
Joined Mar 2011
293 Posts
I'm on the vacation and helping my wife with child at home. But today I had some doings near our flying field. So I asked wife, if she doesn't mind me to fly today. And she said "Ok".
So I went to the field, took out Edge, assembled it, checked all connections, took out Tx, checked it, took out battery safety bag.... and realized, that it's wrong bag with batteries from my foamies!
One more day without flights.
AlexGold is offline Find More Posts by AlexGold
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:04 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGold View Post
I'm on the vacation and helping my wife with child at home. But today I had some doings near our flying field. So I asked wife, if she doesn't mind me to fly today. And she said "Ok".
So I went to the field, took out Edge, assembled it, checked all connections, took out Tx, checked it, took out battery safety bag.... and realized, that it's wrong bag with batteries from my foamies!
One more day without flights.
Oh man!! I hate it when I do something like that... it's happened to me a few times actually.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:05 PM
Bedford, Mass. USA
Joined Dec 2007
386 Posts
I usually leave the transmitter at home... plugged in and charging.
javabeans is offline Find More Posts by javabeans
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:23 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
A couple of pics from this last weekend.....
The orange edge is naked put some vinyl on it
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:34 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
The orange edge is naked put some vinyl on it
the "naked" one is not mine....
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:33 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,157 Posts
I have forgotten my batteries 2 or 3 times. I have forgotten my wing tube twice, ( I now have one of my extras in the car) My latest bone head move involved doing some static testing the night before and forgetting to turn the TX off when I finished. 4 Duracell AA's at nearby convenience store were almost 8 dollars.

I have been having some trouble with my cheap key chain camera for a while now and stuck it on the Edge the other day for some tests. Nothing fancy just some pop tops and tumbles and sure enough it quit again about halfway through the flight. It nearly came off too. Was interesting to see how violent the tumbles were first person. I think the on board battery is about shot. Looking into something better like the Replay XD. I would like a GoPro II but its kind of big.

Edge 540 rearview (2 min 13 sec)
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:56 PM
3D-wanna-B
Lynchburg, VA
Joined Dec 2008
309 Posts
For the guys waiting on graphics from me, I appreciate your patience. I had the motor go on my truck and have spent the past 2 weeks gathering parts and a new engine. Then spent this past weekend, in 100+ degree heat, swapping the engine, installing new lightweight flywheel, stage 2 clutch, new throwout bearing and new y-pipe. Hope to get to the blue/yellow scheme this week and get that bad boy cut for my testers.
theK2 is offline Find More Posts by theK2
Old Jul 09, 2012, 11:13 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theK2 View Post
For the guys waiting on graphics from me, I appreciate your patience. I had the motor go on my truck and have spent the past 2 weeks gathering parts and a new engine. Then spent this past weekend, in 100+ degree heat, swapping the engine, installing new lightweight flywheel, stage 2 clutch, new throwout bearing and new y-pipe. Hope to get to the blue/yellow scheme this week and get that bad boy cut for my testers.
No problem man... Take your time!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:56 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Alex - I hate it when that happens. I now label the outside of my lipo bags with a sharpie (foamie, 41Edge/42 Slick, 3S, 51 Slick, 4S, and 5S) another trick I do is put one of those cheap lipo checkers under the flap with a piece of velcro on the back (so it sticks to the bag) on each of the lipo bags. That way I am never without one and always check the lipo when installing in the plane. Learned this the hard way.

Marcelo - I've done that many times also. When I was at Oktoberfest I pulled my TX out of the case and guess what it, was left on DOH!!! Luckily I had my DX6i with me also, so I got to fly my foamie. Now that case has the NiMH pack a spare LiFe battery and the Life battery in the TX.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Jul 10, 2012, 01:43 PM
Russian Federation, Voronezhskaya oblast, Voronezh
Joined Mar 2011
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
I have been having some trouble with my cheap key chain camera for a while now and stuck it on the Edge the other day for some tests. Nothing fancy just some pop tops and tumbles and sure enough it quit again about halfway through the flight. It nearly came off too. Was interesting to see how violent the tumbles were first person. I think the on board battery is about shot. Looking into something better like the Replay XD. I would like a GoPro II but its kind of big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz9yY...1&feature=plcp
My head still spinning after watching this video
AlexGold is offline Find More Posts by AlexGold
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:32 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
The glacier packs performed great today. Flew them side by side with the GFORCE and glaciers performed much better. The gforce are very very hot when they come down and the glacier packs came down cool. In fact they were so cool I didn't even wait to charge them. Just hooked em right up. the glacier packs have a lot more power too. I would say vertical climb is 2 times as fast. I love to enter KE spins from a vertical upline tumble but don't have the velocity with gforce but i can do it no isses with the glacier packs.

I would bet they are the exact same as gens ace. side by side the 2200's look identical to gens ace.
Dave what C rating Glacier did you get? I am thinking of going with the 35C 3S 2200 for my 47" Extra
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:32 AM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,024 Posts
Anyone running the Motrol 2820-950 on 4s/ 12x6? Im looking for some accurate amp numbers to determine if I want to make the jump from 3 to 4 cell on this one. 3 cell just doesnt seem to be poppin the 48 for me like it should. Thinkin of doin the 4s setup with it but really wanted to use the Motrolfly 70a esc but Im thinking its gonna be pushin it a bit with only 70. Numbers would be an asset
FIXXIN2FLY is online now Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:37 AM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
Anyone running the Motrol 2820-950 on 4s/ 12x6? Im looking for some accurate amp numbers to determine if I want to make the jump from 3 to 4 cell on this one. 3 cell just doesnt seem to be poppin the 48 for me like it should. Thinkin of doin the 4s setup with it but really wanted to use the Motrolfly 70a esc but Im thinking its gonna be pushin it a bit with only 70. Numbers would be an asset
What about trying a larger efficient prop like a Xoar 13x6.5? Most guys are flying a 14x7 with the Omega 130 gram motor. I have flown both on mine and prefer the 13x.6.5.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:25 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,157 Posts
Had a crappy landing a while ago and hit the left side of the elevator and knocked it loose. While checking old girl for any other damage I spun up the motor (Omega 130) and noticed I have some fore and aft play under throttle. It is about an eighth of an inch. It may have been like that for a while, not really sure. I have 160+ flights on this motor. It still has plenty of power but this has me wondering. Bearings/shaft worn? Not time today to pull it and do a good check. Will have to wait till in the morning. Has anyone changed bearings or shaft in their Omega?
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON