HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:26 AM
Russian Federation, Voronezhskaya oblast, Voronezh
Joined Mar 2011
293 Posts
Hm, I'm doing pot top in other way. I just go straight up then right stick on 1.30 o'clock and after one millisecond left stick on 7.30 (full right aileron and up elevator then no throttle and full left rudder). Then I move right stick to 12 o'clock and after plane in horizont move it to 6 o'clock. May be sometimes I move left stick on 9 o'clock first and then on 7.30. Got this from some video in this thread.
AlexGold is offline Find More Posts by AlexGold
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2012, 03:48 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,164 Posts
Alex I'm guessing that your TX is mode 1? Otherwise I am real confused.
MARCOELDRAGON is online now Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Jun 10, 2012, 04:37 AM
Joined Mar 2011
293 Posts
I fly mode 2: throttle on the left. May be I mess up with right and left? I rechecked my post and it seems ok for me

I flown my friend's Jocker (EPP plane in 47") yesterday and have done nice pop tops with it. It has more wing loading and less side surface of the fuselage. May be it's matters.

"up elevator" - I meant movement of the stick

Watched 3D Clinic, and I can say that I'm doing the same, but I doing rotation in other direction.
Last edited by AlexGold; Jun 10, 2012 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Watched 3D Clinic #22
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:25 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Whew... had an exciting flight this morning! I had been messing around with my radio yesterday trying to dial in some settings on a new mSRx which I picked up on Friday. Long story short, I left my combi switch (for me this is always elevator so I can switch all surfaces to low or high rates with one switch) on position 2. Well... I'd never programmed in dual rates on my Edge (I always fly on high rates) so I had never set up any expo.

As soon as I took off I quickly noticed that she was flying strange. I went ahead and finished out the battery but let's just say that my flying was a bit sloppy. I thought maybe the cobwebs just weren't cleared out. I eventually realized my issue.

But wow... flying with no expo on high rates is a little... wild!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jun 10, 2012, 03:45 PM
When in doubt, mumble
United States, NC, Lincolnton
Joined May 2008
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Whew... had an exciting flight this morning! I had been messing around with my radio yesterday trying to dial in some settings on a new mSRx which I picked up on Friday. Long story short, I left my combi switch (for me this is always elevator so I can switch all surfaces to low or high rates with one switch) on position 2. Well... I'd never programmed in dual rates on my Edge (I always fly on high rates) so I had never set up any expo.

As soon as I took off I quickly noticed that she was flying strange. I went ahead and finished out the battery but let's just say that my flying was a bit sloppy. I thought maybe the cobwebs just weren't cleared out. I eventually realized my issue.

But wow... flying with no expo on high rates is a little... wild!
She doesn't need much stick movement that way!
TyCarp is offline Find More Posts by TyCarp
Old Jun 10, 2012, 05:20 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCarp View Post
She doesn't need much stick movement that way!
Nope!! She was rather responsive for sure!!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jun 11, 2012, 07:44 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,164 Posts
Sounds like a good way to pick up a few grey hairs. In my case it would be turning my grey ones white. When I first bought my DX6i I had a guy at the hobby shop help me set up my first model and he had a JR where I guess the Expo is backwards from Spektrum. He put everything at -50% for me and all you had to do was breathe on the sticks.
MARCOELDRAGON is online now Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:10 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
LOL! He should not have been working at the hobby shop then.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:12 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
Sounds like a good way to pick up a few grey hairs. In my case it would be turning my grey ones white. When I first bought my DX6i I had a guy at the hobby shop help me set up my first model and he had a JR where I guess the Expo is backwards from Spektrum. He put everything at -50% for me and all you had to do was breathe on the sticks.
JR has positive expo though.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:22 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
You trying to say he did it on purpose!?

JK
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:24 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
You trying to say he did it on purpose!?

JK
Maybe. He could have done it so you crash your plane and then come to the hobby shop and buy replacement parts!
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jun 11, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Mar 2011
293 Posts
Striped second aileron HS65HB today. Don't know, when it heppend. No rough landings, no impacts during transportation, just many pop tops and tumbles. And on one of ground checks I heared knocking sound from aileron servo. Nothing strange in the air.
Just ordered 4 5065 from towerhobbies for only 31$ for each with international shipping included!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,896 Posts
HB's on this plane, doing Tumbles and PopTops, not surprised.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jun 11, 2012, 08:21 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Yep, JR and Spektrum use the same positive expo. Futaba uses the negative expo tho.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:07 PM
Crashing Gooder and Gooder!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Feb 2009
2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGold View Post
Striped second aileron HS65HB today. Don't know, when it heppend. No rough landings, no impacts during transportation, just many pop tops and tumbles. And on one of ground checks I heared knocking sound from aileron servo. Nothing strange in the air.
Just ordered 4 5065 from towerhobbies for only 31$ for each with international shipping included!
You need metal gears if you're tumbling and pop topping ..lots of stress on the ailerons.. Also, make sure you have them on the tail as well..
YamaDan is offline Find More Posts by YamaDan