SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 15, 2012, 11:04 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3 View Post
I know this is alittle off topic but I'm looking for another 3DHS to go with my 48' Edge.
If you guys had the choice between the 42" Slick & the 47" Extra SHP V4 which would you choose ?
I've been wanting a Slick for awhile but the 51" are 2+ months out so it either the 42" or go with the extra & I'm kinda leaning toward the extra as then I can use my same battery's as my edge.
Opinions welcome
I think that for the fact that you can use the same batteries I'd go with the Extra but the 42" Slick is probably a better plane. The 51" Slick trumps them all.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 02:34 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3 View Post
I know this is alittle off topic but I'm looking for another 3DHS to go with my 48' Edge.
If you guys had the choice between the 42" Slick & the 47" Extra SHP V4 which would you choose ?
I've been wanting a Slick for awhile but the 51" are 2+ months out so it either the 42" or go with the extra & I'm kinda leaning toward the extra as then I can use my same battery's as my edge.
Opinions welcome
are you running 3s 2200 in your 48? if so then i would seriously think about going for a 57, 58, or 59 by doubling up your packs for 6s 2200mah. I would choose from them in that order if it was me. I know the 57's will be back in stock very shortly. I own a 57 and a 58 on that setup and love my 7min of hard 3d flying i get. i have flown a 59 on 4s and liked it but didn't compare very well to my 71. not a bad plane at all though. the 57-59" planes fly great and will be a great step up from your 48. i can harrier land them anywhere so they get grabbed as my park flyer planes much more than my 48 ever does. The 48 mostly gets grabbed for friends to fly.
lammbn is online now Find More Posts by lammbn
Old May 15, 2012, 02:42 PM
3D-wanna-B
Lynchburg, VA
Joined Dec 2008
309 Posts
I will be buying a 59 as soon as they're back in stock for ^^ this very reason. Somehow the 59 has gotten a bad rap around here so I want to get one just to make sure it knows that its still loved. : )
theK2 is offline Find More Posts by theK2
Old May 15, 2012, 03:06 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theK2 View Post
I will be buying a 59 as soon as they're back in stock for ^^ this very reason. Somehow the 59 has gotten a bad rap around here so I want to get one just to make sure it knows that its still loved. : )
I'm also curious about the 59" but I guess I'd rather just jump all the way up to the 71" from the 51" instead of taking what might feel like a half step up...

If money were no object I'd current have on order:

58" Edge
57" Extra
59" Slick
71" Slick

Ah... those would all compliment my current hangar quite nicely!!
Old May 15, 2012, 03:10 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I'm also curious about the 59" but I guess I'd rather just jump all the way up to the 71" from the 51" instead of taking what might feel like a half step up...

If money were no object I'd current have on order:

58" Edge
57" Extra
59" Slick
71" Slick

Ah... those would all compliment my current hangar quite nicely!!
No 71" Slicks available ANYWHERE!!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 15, 2012, 03:46 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
No 71" Slicks available ANYWHERE!!!!

SteveT
In that case then I supposed I'd just have to occupy myself with the 58" Edge, 57" Extra and 59" Slick while I waited for the 71" Slick to come back in stock.
Old May 15, 2012, 03:52 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,896 Posts
If they don't sell out at Nall, you can all have your shot in about another 7 days.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old May 15, 2012, 06:43 PM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
If they don't sell out at Nall, you can all have your shot in about another 7 days.
Does this mean someone has a stash of 51" Slick hiding somewhere, do tell
Mach3 is offline Find More Posts by Mach3
Old May 15, 2012, 06:56 PM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
414 Posts
Double
Mach3 is offline Find More Posts by Mach3
Last edited by Mach3; May 15, 2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Double post :-)
Old May 15, 2012, 10:58 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,735 Posts
rebuilt my edge yesterday and flew today. had to fly with no cowl but still flew good once i figured out i need the batter WAY forward to make up for no cowl on there. Had a good time and re-joined my club today.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old May 16, 2012, 12:23 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
United States, OH, Bristolville
Joined Oct 2010
4,713 Posts
I have a complaint about the wire landing gear, I landed my airraft perfect on the runway and the gear bent on me and shoved the wooden piece right into my fuse. I riped the wooded things off and now it all seems fine. the wood made the wire to stiff and it wold not stop bending but now that I removed it it can flex and not bend. 3DHS designed this landing gear tarriably, I am vary dissapointed in this planes LG. the plane flies great but the gear is garbage.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old May 16, 2012, 01:00 AM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,706 Posts
The wire gear does bend, but also absorbs alot of abuse...just as it was designed to do. The wooden fairings make the wire gear a little stiffer and the secret was to cut the corner (that can hit the fuselage) of at a 45 degree angle or so for clearance.

If you are continuing to bend the gear that much then it is likely that you are landing on a grass field and your landing speed it too high. I have found that you need to hold off on touching down until the tail drops a little. Takes some time but you'll get it with practice.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old May 16, 2012, 01:05 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
Joined Oct 2010
4,713 Posts
I am flying of a grass field, but is is vary short grass and always mowed. I tried cutting the ends off as you suggested first and the gear still bent becaues it was just to stiff, so I just removed the wooden pieces and now it can flex and does not bend. other than that the plane flies perfect.
Old May 16, 2012, 01:06 AM
Russian Federation, Voronezhskaya oblast, Voronezh
Joined Mar 2011
293 Posts
You talked so much about 51" Slick, that now I want one!
AlexGold is offline Find More Posts by AlexGold
Old May 16, 2012, 01:09 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
Joined Oct 2010
4,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGold View Post
You talked so much about 51" Slick, that now I want one!
take it frome me and get two one does not last long with how good the 51'' flies you are inspired to fly low witch then leads to crashing and breacking. I am in the process of repairing the rudder and parts of the fuse on mine.