Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.D. View Post
We can give it a go the next time out.

FNMF

Fly Naked My Friend (gives fly low a new meaning)
No pictures or video of that please...
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2012, 10:11 AM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
now thats funny.
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Old May 11, 2012, 11:05 AM
Just do it.
Stroudsburg, PA
Joined Nov 2009
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.D. View Post
Congrats, what did you win?
half of the pot, so I got $20
FlyFisch is offline Find More Posts by FlyFisch
Old May 11, 2012, 12:04 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,153 Posts
Half of the pot gets me thinking of other things.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old May 11, 2012, 02:24 PM
Russian Federation, Voronezhskaya oblast, Voronezh
Joined Mar 2011
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
No pictures or video of that please...
Sorry guys. It was really hot here
AlexGold is offline Find More Posts by AlexGold
Old May 11, 2012, 03:07 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
Half of the pot gets me thinking of other things.
lol. A new meaning to the phrase flying high?
Motojunk is offline Find More Posts by Motojunk
Old May 11, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Mar 2012
49 Posts
I just got some vinyl in the mail from theK2. He did a great job and is a very understanding guy. When he gets his site up and running (or at least I hope he gets one going) you guys really should purchase I set from him. Great quality vinyl!

Big thanks Klint!
craig1980 is offline Find More Posts by craig1980
Old May 11, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Feb 2012
110 Posts
Is this the preferred CF landing gear for use with the 48" Edge?

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/Straight-...R_p_15410.html

It seems to be closest in size going by what planes it is meant for from what I can see. I have to come up with something better than the stock flimsy wire!
NFA Fabrication is offline Find More Posts by NFA Fabrication
Old May 11, 2012, 05:22 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,313 Posts
got some flying in before the wind kicked up this morning, love how nice and easy this plane always is to fly

shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old May 11, 2012, 05:22 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
#*&$!!

I have no clue what's going on but my elevator servo just locked up AGAIN!

I crashed my Edge a few weeks ago. Tonight I repaired it. Went for a test flight... Everything was going great and I'm thinking to myself "man I've missed this plane... It's flying like a dream!"

Went into a blender and when I tried to come out it just started flipping end over end. I set her down as gently as I could but she still took some pretty bad damage. When I got to her the elevator was stuck in the full down position. My stick movements did nothing...

I don't think I'm gonna even try to fix it. SO frustrating.
Sorry to hear that. Did you use the same servo extension? Maybe it is shorting out?
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old May 11, 2012, 06:56 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Did you use the same servo extension? Maybe it is shorting out?
Good point. That's yet another variable I haven't eliminated. I think I'm gonna eliminate every link between the ESC and that servo before I try again.

Now I'm just deciding what plane I want next. I can't decide between another 48" Edge and the 58" Edge. If I didn't already have most of the servos, motor, and ESC for the 48" Edge it would be an easy decision. I guess I could sell all that stuff and get the bigger Edge...
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old May 11, 2012, 09:07 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,153 Posts
That 58 in red with SFGs is pretty sweet looking.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old May 11, 2012, 09:09 PM
3D-wanna-B
Lynchburg, VA
Joined Dec 2008
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1980 View Post
I just got some vinyl in the mail from theK2. He did a great job and is a very understanding guy. When he gets his site up and running (or at least I hope he gets one going) you guys really should purchase I set from him. Great quality vinyl!

Big thanks Klint!
No problem Craig - glad that they arrived in good shape... but pics or it didn't happen. Haven't decided if I'm going to put up a store or not. I might if I get a few different schemes done.
theK2 is offline Find More Posts by theK2
Old May 11, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined May 2011
35 Posts
Just did my maiden flight. Overall, I liked the plane. Flying with the Omega130g with APC 14x7, ICE 75A with BEC set to 6v and 65MGs all around. Batteries are 3S 2650 40C with a Spektrum DX8 and a AR8000 receiver. I set up the radio as suggested.

I didnt balance the plane ahead of time besides just casually on my fingertips. I'd rather err in the side of too far forward CG, so I just pushed the battery to the front of the compartment and flew like that. Inverted around 60% throttle it didnt climb or sink, it was almost perfect straight. Normal flight, I was having to use about 20% up elevator to fly level at 60% throttle. So... I'm not an expert at 3D planes (this is my first real one) but I assume that means my CG was too far forward and I need to bring the battery back a couple inches and try again?

My main complaint is the rudder didnt seem to have much authority. I was flying straight up and using rudder to try to yaw over sideways and wasnt really getting anywhere. On the ground, the rudder easily pulls over to almost where it touches the elevator. I'm wondering if the poor rudder authority could be caused by the CG being maybe WAY too far forward?

Anyway, I figured with four batteries I'd get to iron out the CG where I wanted it and get some goofing around in. But about 4 or 5 minutes into the flight I noticed it just really wasnt turning as well as I thought it should be. Then when I came in to land I almost crashed into the turf, I could barely keep it level in the slight wind that was coming crossways. Turns out the bolt that goes through the left aileron control horn had come out. I KNOW I used medium CA on the bolt and the nut where they come together, I dont know how in the world those came apart. Is anyone using something besides medium CA to guarantee that stays in place?

It makes me really nervous to fly the plane, because if the elevator had come apart like that, I'd be screwed. As it was, I had another functional aileron and they are such big control surfaces that I was able to land just fine and only really had problems when the plane slowed way down for touchdown.

Anyway, I asked quite a few questions here, if anyone can answer some or all, that would be great!
Recty is offline Find More Posts by Recty
Old May 11, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined May 2011
35 Posts
You can see in this video my left aileron isnt responding at all when I pull up and spin.

3D Hobby Shop Edge 540 aileron disconnected (0 min 8 sec)
Recty is offline Find More Posts by Recty