Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 10, 2012, 10:51 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
And the first time you bang the aileron into a car door frame or a house door frame, you will strip the gears too....and that happens a lot!!

SteveT
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Hate it when that happens!
Me too!!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 11:21 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole View Post
I'm running that, 201 flights so far on the hb in the ailerons, originally I had an hb in the elevator as well, but I did strip that, will work fine
I had these servos on hand and they have been great, but if I was to buy new servos for the plane, I would buy metal gears. And if I strip these, I will replace with metal gears
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old May 10, 2012, 11:30 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole View Post
I had these servos on hand and they have been great, but if I was to buy new servos for the plane, I would buy metal gears. And if I strip these, I will replace with metal gears
And possibly a new airframe will be in order at that point. With all due respect / Dont cheap out bro....Ive found with airplane accessories...every $3 I save... ends up costing my $300
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old May 10, 2012, 11:33 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planelover93 View Post
I'm thinking of getting 65HB's for the ailerons, and 65MG's for the tail. I've read some people have tried this but never found anything about long term use. Any feedback on this setup?
my hs65hb's lasted a really long time... you just have to be careful about hangar rash. One of mine finally broke when I crashed really hard on my first 48" edge. The wing it was in was kindling I replaced the gears with metal and it's still going strong in edge number 2. The other hb is fine as well. So crashes and bumping it hard on things carrying it between your car and the garage are what kill them.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 10, 2012, 11:36 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
my hs65hb's lasted a really long time... you just have to be careful about hangar rash. One of mine finally broke when I crashed really hard on my first 48" edge. The wing it was in was kindling I replaced the gears with metal and it's still going strong in edge number 2. The other hb is fine as well. So crashes and bumping it hard on things carrying it between your car and the garage are what kill them.
right on Nate!!! good to see ya my friend. Tell the T-aholics I said hey. I will hit them up sometime tomorrow. GNite
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old May 10, 2012, 11:40 PM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
Thanks, looks like I'll order 4 65MGs as soon as the servo arm kits and 130g omega are back in stock.
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old May 10, 2012, 11:40 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Setting EPA's nearest to 150/150 is the best Servo Resolution and a proper method to get the most out of the servo.

However, you must then also reduce Rates so as not to drive them hard against the stops.
That is what I was trying to say, I always adjust my rate up to the point the servo stops moving and then back off a few points
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old May 11, 2012, 12:34 AM
Russian Federation, Voronezhskaya oblast, Voronezh
Joined Mar 2011
293 Posts
I striped one HB on the aileron on a rough landing. Replaced gear with new HB. Plan to by MG gear now for both aileron servos. This servos last for 50+ flights on this Edge and for 30-40 on previouse HK Edge
AlexGold is offline Find More Posts by AlexGold
Old May 11, 2012, 01:21 AM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
I think all these servos stripping must be from abuse on the ground. I absolutely thrash my 48 in the air, even do tail touches where the rudder deflects a few degrees after the servo cant hold any more, and after 50+ flights my 65mgs are holding up great. one thing though is my planes really don't get hangar rash anymore. i am pretty good with them. the 48 gets taken off the wall and put straight into the bed of my truck 10ft away and it gets an easy ride to the end of my subdivision. in air is all the abuse it really sees. wings dont even get taken off ever because it doesn't have wing bags.

Edit: also note that i DO NOT run my servos at full 150% EPA/Travel. i set up for the deflection i want at 115-125% that way if i do want a little more than reccomended rates i can turn up my dual rates just a hair. i found on my radios, DX8 and DX7, that with EPA/Travel at 150% turning your dual rates past 100% does nothing. so those of you running spektrum that run 150% travel and 100+% dual rates you are actually decreasing your resolution. just some food for thought.
lammbn is offline Find More Posts by lammbn
Old May 11, 2012, 08:51 AM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galdionite View Post
hmm i had to look back at his posted pictures to see his topless photo, i guess my eyes were on the edge... i guess some people have wondering eyes
Lol, now that's funny! When me and my buddies fly we try to stay dressed, so I'm not used to seeing that sort of thing, lol.

FTWHMF

Fly Topless With Him My Friend
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old May 11, 2012, 08:52 AM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
J/K by the way
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old May 11, 2012, 08:58 AM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
Lol, now that's funny! When me and my buddies fly we try to stay dressed, so I'm not used to seeing that sort of thing, lol.

FTWHMF

Fly Topless With Him My Friend
We can give it a go the next time out.

FNMF

Fly Naked My Friend (gives fly low a new meaning)
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Old May 11, 2012, 09:19 AM
Just do it.
Stroudsburg, PA
Joined Nov 2009
670 Posts
i won a spot landing contest with this airplane last sunday at the fun fly my club was having
FlyFisch is offline Find More Posts by FlyFisch
Old May 11, 2012, 09:27 AM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFisch View Post
i won a spot landing contest with this airplane last sunday at the fun fly my club was having
Congrats, what did you win?
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Old May 11, 2012, 09:51 AM
Fear is the mind killer
United States, LA, Lafayette
Joined Dec 2008
1,245 Posts
scribe me
BustedBlades is offline Find More Posts by BustedBlades