HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:25 PM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole View Post
if your using a newer APC prop, spinner is not going to fit Omega or Hacker unless you modify the nut/washer
I found that one out on my Buck Huck (not 1.5). I bought a 12X6 here at the LHS and it fit fine with the EF spinner on the Omega. Then while I was down visitng my sis in Phoenix I went to a Hobby shop and picked up a couple more becasue of their great prices. Broke the one from my LHS and put one of the new ones on and the hub was much larger! I just found a thinner washer to put on it and it is working fine! APC can be sneaky sometimes. I did not know about the new hub thickness until I experienced it.

[QUOTE=rdcskkrose;19587183]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post
Does the blue or white look best on the blue scheme? I know it is subjective just looking for opinions. QUOTE]

There is big sea of blue on the front of blue 1-1/2 buck huck. I would use a contrasting color for the spinner to break it up, not blue. JMO.

Ron
Good point. I think I am going to go with the white.
AZAerobat is online now Find More Posts by AZAerobat
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:47 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
thats awesome that you guys price match, but its more hastle to contact you to get the same price that we can get without having to contact anybody
They hooked me, bro!
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:49 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
So which spinner will work with my Orange buck huck! I've got the Omega... And it's gotta have a spinner, yo!
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:50 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,370 Posts
FWIW...I've always gotten GREAT pricing AND service from ServoCity. They always treated me RIGHT. Glad to know they follow threads like this.

But the last few servos I ordered came from 3DHS...it's pretty neat now to be able to order them with the airframe and motor. Even my latest ICE100 came from 3DHS. That 3DHS company is looking like a "hobbyshop" now in addition to just being an ARF manufacturer....and I'm really happy about it.
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:59 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Anyone use the Airboss 45 Elite for this plane? Any opinions on it? I can't find an ESC to save my life and I found one of these. Oh yeah, I have the Omega motor.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:04 PM
Fly More Crash Less
Joined Sep 2007
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
So which spinner will work with my Orange buck huck! I've got the Omega... And it's gotta have a spinner, yo!
On the 3DHS site they use the white Extreme Flight 40mm spinner (or at least that is what they suggest and what the photos look like).

Quote:
Anyone use the Airboss 45 Elite for this plane? Any opinions on it? I can't find an ESC to save my life and I found one of these. Oh yeah, I have the Omega motor.
They also suggest this ESC on their website too.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:14 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post
On the 3DHS site they use the white Extreme Flight 40mm spinner (or at least that is what they suggest and what the photos look like).

They also suggest this ESC on their website too.
Cool, I missed that spinner recommendation. Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:21 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Okay, minus the spinner, I now have everything (ordered) to complete my plane! Oh my goodness gracious!!!!

I even got that swank 3M glue gun and glue today. I'm so pro!!! Building starts promptly tomorrow night! I don't have the servos though and I notice the installation of the rudder servo is one of the first steps. So, we'll see how far I can actually get without doing that. I don't want to rush it and hose something up though.

I must say, the build process for this plane looks really simple compared to the 34" 3DHS foamie I just built. haha
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:37 PM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
Quote:
Now if only I could find ADC's deal where the 65MG's are 24.99 when you buy 3 plus. I'm getting for and spending $5 more each is $20!
we're out of stock for another couple days, shipment is on the way already, they are avail. for backorder.

the multi-buy deal goes through once you increase the qty. to 3+ and hit add to cart
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:30 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,858 Posts
Quote:
I used that esc and loved it. Perfect for this plane. Mine is toasted but it lasted until the motor seized. You can't go wrong with it. It is very nice quality. I believe the previous owner of my 47 edge paid close to $100 for it at the time.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:53 AM
Fly More Crash Less
Joined Sep 2007
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliprob17 View Post
we're out of stock for another couple days, shipment is on the way already, they are avail. for backorder.

the multi-buy deal goes through once you increase the qty. to 3+ and hit add to cart
Thanks Rob. I will be placing an order soon too so I also can start building my 1.5 buck huck that I got from you. I am tired of looking at the box.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:33 AM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I used that esc and loved it. Perfect for this plane. Mine is toasted but it lasted until the motor seized. You can't go wrong with it. It is very nice quality. I believe the previous owner of my 47 edge paid close to $100 for it at the time.
Cool! I just bought one that was only used once.

Would have bought new but I couldn't find the X55, the Castle 75 Lite or the Airboss new... Anywhere.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:11 PM
United States, NC, Burlington
Joined Jun 2011
45 Posts
3D flying at GEFI

Post deleted by author.
0001 is offline Find More Posts by 0001
Last edited by 0001; Oct 15, 2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:17 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,073 Posts
Previous post edited, so editing this one

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Oct 15, 2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:28 PM
United States, NC, Burlington
Joined Jun 2011
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Hmmmmmmm....This is now an Extreme Flight thread??? Especially since 3DHS doesn't sell, an Edge 540T....

SteveT
My apologies. Quite the accident. I put it in the wrong thread. I'll repost in the correct place.
0001 is offline Find More Posts by 0001