HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2003, 05:35 PM
Joined Aug 2003
6 Posts
Raidentech.com

I am a newbee and learning to fly with a instructor at the local club.I am flying a Hobbico Avistar 0.40.Recently I flew an electric plane of one of my friends at the club and like it and so I bought a GWS slow flyer(cub) and doing fine.My question is that surfing on the internet I see the website www.raidentech.com and they are selling very cheap electric planes from only 47-89 dollars with everything.One plane Accipitus Badius is a 3 channel plane/glider with 380 motor,3 channel radio,charger,complete kit(RTF)ONLY 82 DOLLARS.DOES THIS SOUND TOO GOOD.Does anybody has bought from them OR have experience with raidentech.com.Please let me know.Thanks
Qasim
qasim is offline Find More Posts by qasim
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2003, 01:11 AM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
Though I don't have any experience with the company, I would guess that the components are of very low quality, and will not be of much use in other planes. I would stay away...
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old Sep 02, 2003, 09:01 AM
RIP "Long Shadow Flyer"
Upstate New York-- Rochester, NY USA
Joined Oct 2001
732 Posts
I cannot speak to the planes, I have been interested in them, but would like to get one without the the radio and use my radio equipment. http://www.raidentech.com/3rcairarcogl.html

But I have placed several orderes with them and have been very pleased with all the shipments. Almost all of my park flyers are using their 9g servos a great deal!! Have not had any problems with the servos, and am very happy with them,,

http://www.raidentech.com/9gmimiseforr.html

Ridentech has been a good outfit to deal with.

Carl
crvogt is offline Find More Posts by crvogt
Old Sep 02, 2003, 09:25 AM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
It's going to be a major step DOWN from a GWS Cub. Why not just get another GWS plane and use the same radio you already have? A SlowStick is $35. A Tigermoth is $55. A GWS flightpack is $88.

The biggest problem with the Raidentech deals is that none of the parts, including the radio gear, are reusable in anything else.
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Sep 02, 2003, 10:00 AM
Joined Aug 2003
6 Posts
Thanks

Thanks Guys.I will take the advice and wouldnot buy this cheap plane from Raidentech.I am doing good with GWS Cub.Should I buy another slow flyer from GWS(Tiger moth/Beaver/slow stick) OR buy a little more fast plane like spitfire/mustang.I want to do little aerobatics.Remenber I am still learning to fly.Any ideas.
Qasim
qasim is offline Find More Posts by qasim
Old Sep 02, 2003, 10:18 AM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Since you have a Cub the next logical step would be a 300 powered plane like the SlowStik or Beaver.

If you are confident or flying with an instructor the E-Starter would also be a good choice for a first aileron plane.

One of the warbirds would make a great second aileron plane.
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Sep 03, 2003, 10:40 AM
Formerly of mcba fame
Luxembourg
Joined Apr 2001
3,007 Posts
Have you got FMS or another sim? Here's FMS if you don't:

http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html

There are lots of download sites for extra planes.

With keyboard, it will help with orientation. With a joystick you can practice accurate maneuvers and for the full effect you can get an adapter for your Tx.

If you practice a lot with a sim you'll improve faster. Some people have used GWS warbirds for their first aileron plane and you could probably get away with it though it would be better to get and Estarter first.

Good luck,

Matthew
Matthew Allen is offline Find More Posts by Matthew Allen
Old Dec 11, 2007, 01:59 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1 Posts
Hello all,
I am a twelve year veteran with helis. I have bought helis and parts from many different sites. Allow me to tell you all about my experience with raidentech---I ordered and received a heli from this company and it was defective. The radio heated up real quick as soon as the batteries were plugged in. I tried to opreate the heli using a radio I already had and knew it worked fine and the heli wouldn't even spin up. I noticed that some of the parts were used and the LiPo battery looked like it had been dug from the bottom of a dumpster. I tried for two days to call their phone number and was on hold for 62 mins. the first day and gave up. The second day I was on hold for 55 mins. Finally someone answered and just shouted into the phone "quit calling" and hung up. I tried to communicate with them via e mail and got no response. Finally I contacted my credit co. and disputed the charge to my card. The next day I got an e mail from raidentech with a RMA number for returning the heli. I follwoed their instructions and sent the heli back. Now they are saying that they never got it back and the charge will be put back on my card. I have tried to fight this through my credit co. and they tell me that if this isn't settled within 60 days the charge will go back on my card. The 60 days are up tomorrow and raidentech has done nothing but stall trying to run out the 60 days. They are stealing my money and are selling a lot of junk to others. I suggest you sign up to other forums and read about others problems with this co. There are a lot of them.
Go to: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50...43/key_/tm.htm page #'s 8, 22, 35, 37, and 38. These are just some of the comments made about raidentech. They also operate under a lot of different web names. Re: XHeli, Nitroplanes, Nitrorcextreme, racing inc., intelspy.com, zhobby.com, grandhobby.com, linearalgebra@mindspring.com. These are just some of the sites they operate. I know there are more and am still searching. I will post them when I find them. My advice would be to avoid them at all costs. Pay a little more to a reputable co. or go directly to the manufacturers site, skip those "clearing houses" that are selling broken, used and defective inventories they have bought by the truckload. Those places are just out to get your money. And, by all means, speak up in the forums when you have been "taken" by one of them! I participate in a lot of forums and have found that some of them are run by these "other than honorable" companys and will kick you out as soon as you post something negative about their services. Oh well, that's a good way to weed them out. An honest company will allow your posts either way. Sorry this is so long, but I felt it was necessary. Good luck to you all and don't let some crooks deter you from a very satisfying and fun hobby.
flyachopper1 is offline Find More Posts by flyachopper1
Old Dec 11, 2007, 02:20 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
I purchased a tiger moth from them, without electrics and it was quite well done.
An excellent value.
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Dec 11, 2007, 02:42 PM
Timelord
USA, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2002
2,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondo
I purchased a tiger moth from them, without electrics and it was quite well done.
An excellent value.
I have a Tiger Moth as well and it is nice. Basketcase had a pitts and it was nice for the money as well.
Doctor Who is offline Find More Posts by Doctor Who
Old Dec 11, 2007, 02:52 PM
Registered Boozer
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Sep 2003
1,768 Posts
I've made many purchases from Raidentech and I've had nothing but great experiences.

Not sure why you couldn't use the parts in Raidentech RTF's in anything else...for me, that's not the top priority anyhow???

-Ralph-
Ralph_D is offline Find More Posts by Ralph_D
Old Apr 23, 2008, 06:08 PM
Joined Apr 2008
7 Posts
Stay Away

Stay away from raidentech and xheli. Managment seems to be the same.
They are a pain in the neck to deal with now. Most things out of stock.
Don't really do price match like they claim.

Also they are pain in the *tush* when it comes to dealing with returns.
They've even claimed not to gotten item and/or items are missing.
eatthis is offline Find More Posts by eatthis
Old Apr 23, 2008, 10:37 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,265 Posts
Yeah? what got you going?
Their Price on a HBFP i purchased was (is still?) unbeatable and the shipping was Free and prompt... Show me a better deal.. please.
What was Your actual problem?? Order some teeny out of stock repair bits ?
Not overly clever, I would think
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Apr 24, 2008, 03:52 AM
Balsa for me, thanks.
Yalova, Turkey
Joined May 2007
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare
Yeah? what got you going?
Their Price on a HBFP i purchased was (is still?) unbeatable and the shipping was Free and prompt... Show me a better deal.. please.
What was Your actual problem?? Order some teeny out of stock repair bits ?
Not overly clever, I would think

Dude, the personal attacks are uncalled for.
irish_lord99 is offline Find More Posts by irish_lord99
Old Apr 24, 2008, 11:12 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
302 Posts
I've never had a problem with Raidentech.
The fact that the guy has made 7 posts, all the same rant against raidentech, and his name is "eatthis" tells me he's full of it.
doppler1 is offline Find More Posts by doppler1