HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 07:47 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
Discussion
All moved in in Alabama

Hey guys, got my net turned on yesterday. All moved into the new house in Bama. Even went accross the road to my neighbors house and did some flying a couple days ago on his full size runway. I think Im gonna like this place. Pictures of my "new field soon!

Laine.
lmopar69 is online now Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:20 PM
just go FLY !!
Jasper, TN
Joined May 2004
1,174 Posts
ok Laine, so now you're a resident in Sweet Home Alabama, now you gotta decide if you're gonna be an Auburn fan, or that other school on the other side of the state.....

Brian
brn-grose is online now Find More Posts by brn-grose
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:39 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
Thats an easy one Brian. They BOTH SUCK!!! CORNHUSKERS BABY!!!!

Laine.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 04:25 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,378 Posts
Your kids didn't mind the move? Wow, you are lucky! Mine had a fit when we moved to different neighborhood in the same school district.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jul 12, 2011, 04:51 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
Oh they "minded" quite a bit, but, being an Army family, they did what dad said. What did dad say? "Suck it up and drive on". They are tough kids, good kids too. A new school for my oldest on his senior year sucks, but, its the Army life.

On a good note, they love the new house, the area and the fact that they only have to drive about 8 miles to school. Me on the other hand, I drive 45 min each way to work.

Laine.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:50 PM
Shoreline, WA
Joined May 2004
359 Posts
Laine,

Good on you! You played the real estate game and won, which is not easy to do these days. Your kids haven't declared warfare on you and you have a runway to fly on. Please explain the runway?

Richard S
LSF226 is offline Find More Posts by LSF226
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:58 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
Well, I wouldnt say I won the real estate game. Long story there, but, due to a series of unfortunate events, I ended up paying out over $8000 at closing. That was 8K I didnt have too. So, Im in a fairly deep hole at the moment and trying to figure out a way out. But, it is what it is and I'll do whatever it takes to make sure the family is taken care of.

As for the runway... about 300 yards from my front door is "Liberty Field". Its a private grass runway on my neighbors property that he flys his beautiful 1948 Champ off of. A couple other fellas fly there light sports there also. In fact, there was an Extra giving me a "private airshow" this past Sunday morning at about 0700. Smoke on and all. Dude was cutting up pretty good too.

If you want to find Liberty Field on a map, find Dothan, AL (way southern Alabama) go north about 15 miles and you'll see Headland airport. About 5 miles north of Headland airport is Liberty Field. My house, 40x40 shop and 8 acres is a few hundred yards north of the runway.

Oh, and did I mention that there are a dozen or so fellas (including my neighbor) that fly RC out there nearly every weekend? I couldnt have asked for a better place to retire.

Laine.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 06:01 PM
Shoreline, WA
Joined May 2004
359 Posts
Laine,

Go over that $8,000 charge with a real estate lawyer, or at least take a good look at it. Sometimes, they sneak in illegal charges.

I forgot to wish your father well.

At one time I had three guys working for me from Dothan! We hired one and the other two just sort of came along!

Sounds like you got the makings of the Dothan RC Warrior Club going!

Richard S
LSF226 is offline Find More Posts by LSF226
Old Jul 14, 2011, 09:29 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69 View Post
Thats an easy one Brian. They BOTH SUCK!!! CORNHUSKERS BABY!!!!

Laine.
Goodfor you and your family!
That bein said welcome to the real confrence.
I think its Nov when we will smack down each other GO Hawkeyes.
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Jul 15, 2011, 06:08 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
Thanks eckace. Gonna be an awesome year for college football for sure. I'll apologize in advance for the butt kickin the Hawkeyes are going to recieve from the Huskers. ;-)

Laine
Old Jul 15, 2011, 12:13 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,378 Posts
I hope Nebraska doesn't whine as much as Ohio State does when Wisconsin beats them!
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jul 15, 2011, 04:35 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
LOL, thats funny. ;-)
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:54 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I hope Nebraska doesn't whine as much as Ohio State does when Wisconsin beats them!
You havent followed aksarben much as they whine like little girls.

But hay the Big ten does need so so teams to pad there record so all in all a great move.
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:05 AM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69 View Post
Well, I wouldnt say I won the real estate game. Long story there, but, due to a series of unfortunate events, I ended up paying out over $8000 at closing. That was 8K I didnt have too. So, Im in a fairly deep hole at the moment and trying to figure out a way out. But, it is what it is and I'll do whatever it takes to make sure the family is taken care of.

As for the runway... about 300 yards from my front door is "Liberty Field". Its a private grass runway on my neighbors property that he flys his beautiful 1948 Champ off of. A couple other fellas fly there light sports there also. In fact, there was an Extra giving me a "private airshow" this past Sunday morning at about 0700. Smoke on and all. Dude was cutting up pretty good too.

If you want to find Liberty Field on a map, find Dothan, AL (way southern Alabama) go north about 15 miles and you'll see Headland airport. About 5 miles north of Headland airport is Liberty Field. My house, 40x40 shop and 8 acres is a few hundred yards north of the runway.

Oh, and did I mention that there are a dozen or so fellas (including my neighbor) that fly RC out there nearly every weekend? I couldnt have asked for a better place to retire.

Laine.
Laine,
Glad to hear you & family are settleing into your new home in Alabama..I seen you mention Headland airport..I used to work at a US Army GCA unit there when I was OJT...about to go overseas myself.

..that was a few years ago.

Take care..
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Jul 16, 2011, 08:31 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
You havent followed aksarben much as they whine like little girls.

But hay the Big ten does need so so teams to pad there record so all in all a great move.
Isnt that why the Big 10 has teams like Wisconsin?

Oh, did you know that Aksarben is acctually a PLACE in Nebraska? Its a race track. Creative name eh. lol

Laine.