HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:32 PM
RMS
Westport, MA
Joined Oct 2004
882 Posts
Question
Covering - Sig Koverall

Seems like I cannot find Sig Koverall at any of the online shops. I'll have to order directly from Sig but this brings up a question?

Are there any new/old covering materials available like Koverall? I'm not talking about the precolored Coverite or Solatex stuff. I mean .....old school using dope etc.

I have some old planes that need repair and I my next build is going to get the old treatment.

Thanks!
RMS is offline Find More Posts by RMS
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:45 PM
Joined May 2009
600 Posts
You get Koverall at "Radical RC". Don't know if that'll make it any better than buying it from Sig, though.

I don't know of anything that compares to Koverall, but there's always Litespan and Silkspan. They apply with dope or the brush on adhesives too.

David

Oh yeah, there is one advantage to Radical RC. They have 3.00 shipping available. Shipping just kills you these days!
cd_webb is offline Find More Posts by cd_webb
Last edited by cd_webb; Jul 10, 2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:02 PM
Neophyte hacker
Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Sep 2003
15,847 Posts
From what I can tell Koverall is just polyester cloth. It looks and acts just like polyester cloth used for linings. The cloth is made in different weights so look through the bolts of cloth till you find the lightest one.

charlie
portablevcb is offline Find More Posts by portablevcb