HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2011, 09:52 PM
United States, ME, Windham
Joined Sep 2010
34 Posts
Discussion
Sky Guys hang glider RC conversion?

I just picked up a Sky Guys Action Hang Glider at TJ MAXX. I just couldn't pass it up. I would like to try a RC kite, and since this is built as a hi start type glider, it seems like it would be fairly easy to convert to RC. So, questions....I have zero RC experience. I am looking for this to be an "interrupted free flite" type of thing. I want it trimmed to fly on its own, but my control will overide the basic trim to allow me to turn it or change altitude. So what is the best way to accomplish this? Does this require 3D vector thrust or will 2D do it? This thing has about a 6 foot wingspan. What will I need for a motor, controller, and battery? I would like the motor unit to replace the "action figure", as this seems like the easiest way to get it in the air. I have a Spektrum DX5e radio. What do you guys (and gals) think?

Thanks,

Mike Lydon
arbalest is offline Find More Posts by arbalest
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2011, 02:58 PM
Kingsland, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2000
2,401 Posts
See this thread. The plane discussed was based on the Sky Guy design by Joel .
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1397005
Joel K. Scholz is offline Find More Posts by Joel K. Scholz