Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:24 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Feb 2009
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsai View Post
If you still have the need for a 42" Slick, I may end up selling mine -- I'm just not flying much any more and I hate to see it sit.

Ben
Ben,
Good to hear from you. Even if you are doing the car thing now... Once a flyer, always a flyer. Everyone should have a hobby. I did cars when I was young, and got into nitro 4x4's after I got married. I got into flying about 6 years ago and have taken a few breaks here and there too. I just got my 51 Slick together (picked it up from Aero-Model yesterday) and after I get my CG close, I plan to maiden it tomorrow morning. I wanted to go out Saturday and have the experts give it a once-over for me, but I don't think I can wait that long . I'm not in the market for a 42 any more, but my buddy was looking for one. I'll ask him if he's interested. He came out there with me last Saturday and will be with me tomorrow for my maiden (he was also with me at AEF when we chatted with you guys for a bit). I have to say, I am super nervous about flying this thing. I hope the nerves don't cancel out my skills. Deep breath...
nikes614 is online now Find More Posts by nikes614
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:29 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanePhil View Post
Joe, come out on Saturdays between 7:30 and 11:30 and you should find a few of us there. We will give you the scoop. Great bunch of guys all with one thing in mind.

If 3d is not your style there is still a lot of room. We can give you all the details. It is a great place to fly.

Phil
Thanks for the invite Phil. I'll maybe ride out on the motorcycle this Saturday if I can drag my carcass out of bed. I ride the bike to work every day but seldom get to ride for pleasure so this will be a nice short ride. I'll come to meet first and maybe fly later. I have helicopters too so I'm not just a sport flyer snob.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:38 PM
Huck On,Huck Off, The Hucker
Philippines, Northern Mindanao, CDO
Joined Oct 2009
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe View Post
Thanks for the invite Phil. I'll maybe ride out on the motorcycle this Saturday if I can drag my carcass out of bed. I ride the bike to work every day but seldom get to ride for pleasure so this will be a nice short ride. I'll come to meet first and maybe fly later. I have helicopters too so I'm not just a sport flyer snob.

Joe
Come on out and have fun, it's what we do best
graham1352 is offline Find More Posts by graham1352
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:40 PM
Joined Oct 2009
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikes614 View Post
Ben,
Good to hear from you. Even if you are doing the car thing now... Once a flyer, always a flyer. Everyone should have a hobby. I did cars when I was young, and got into nitro 4x4's after I got married. I got into flying about 6 years ago and have taken a few breaks here and there too. I just got my 51 Slick together (picked it up from Aero-Model yesterday) and after I get my CG close, I plan to maiden it tomorrow morning. I wanted to go out Saturday and have the experts give it a once-over for me, but I don't think I can wait that long . I'm not in the market for a 42 any more, but my buddy was looking for one. I'll ask him if he's interested. He came out there with me last Saturday and will be with me tomorrow for my maiden (he was also with me at AEF when we chatted with you guys for a bit). I have to say, I am super nervous about flying this thing. I hope the nerves don't cancel out my skills. Deep breath...
Congrats and good luck on the maiden, bring it out Sat. too.

the other Ben
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Feb 2009
42 Posts
Success!
Maidened my 51 this morning. 3 flights without a crash. I only have 1 pack right now, so I had to do some charging on the fly. Is anyone interested in a Thunder Power 4s 2700mAh 65C pack? It is brand new... well, now it has 3 flights on it.... It is more than I need for this plane. If anyone is interested I will give you a good deal. I see that K&C is selling them for $105. I plan on getting some Sky Lipos, so selling this pack would help fund them. No crashes! Had to move my battery a lot further forward than I had anticipated. Still working out the CG, but it was a lot of fun. Might come out tomorrow morning and check my throws against your guys'. Certain inputs seemed to be stalling the plane unintentionally. Wondering if I have too much elevator or rudder going on.
nikes614 is online now Find More Posts by nikes614
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:58 PM
House of Paine
Joined May 2007
2,163 Posts
Congrats on the maiden. I don't think you can have too much elev or rudd for 3D on the Slick
weaser42 is online now Find More Posts by weaser42
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:01 PM
House of Paine
Joined May 2007
2,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe View Post

Joe
No one will care how you fly your planes and we need more heli's As long as you don't mind us 3D folks hovering over the street and what not you should be fine
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2010
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikes614 View Post
Success!
Maidened my 51 this morning. 3 flights without a crash. I only have 1 pack right now, so I had to do some charging on the fly. Is anyone interested in a Thunder Power 4s 2700mAh 65C pack? It is brand new... well, now it has 3 flights on it.... It is more than I need for this plane. If anyone is interested I will give you a good deal. I see that K&C is selling them for $105. I plan on getting some Sky Lipos, so selling this pack would help fund them. No crashes! Had to move my battery a lot further forward than I had anticipated. Still working out the CG, but it was a lot of fun. Might come out tomorrow morning and check my throws against your guys'. Certain inputs seemed to be stalling the plane unintentionally. Wondering if I have too much elevator or rudder going on.
Good job on the maiden.

I notice when you use a lot of rudder by itself on level flight it will seem to stall but you want the throws for other 3d flight. You will learn not to give it too much in some circumstances
PlanePhil is offline Find More Posts by PlanePhil
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Oct 2010
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42 View Post
No one will care how you fly your planes and we need more heli's As long as you don't mind us 3D folks hovering over the street and what not you should be fine
We need more heli's because I keep pile driving mine into the ground. Got all the parts yesterday. Should have it ready for the following weekend. In Cali this weekend.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:45 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,209 Posts
Bummer. Looks like no chance to get out there Saturday. You guys fly Sunday don't you? I'll get a few packs charged and bring something out to play with.

Gonna have a lot of R/C stuff for sale soon. I need to make some room. I'd much rather sell local so you guys might as well get the deals. The hard part is deciding what I can bear to part with.......

Joe
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:10 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,209 Posts
Had a good time flying with a few guys this morning. Getting up early on Saturday is really tough but I may become a fixture on Sundays.

Joe
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Oct 2009
470 Posts
Cool pics, I like the dusty MSX
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:57 PM
Joined Oct 2010
379 Posts
So.... lets here the MSX review. It looks like low hover works well and........
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:03 AM
House of Paine
Joined May 2007
2,163 Posts
Outstanding power. Probably the best/easiest plane I've flown for doing waterfalls. Nice pop tops as well. I'm running 6S 4000 mah pack up against wing tube and cg is just a bit ahead of neutral. I've not done any KE mixing yet but I believe it pulled to canopy a little one way and the gear the other, not too much either way. One side at least may need a slight ail mix, but again very little. Did the sit and spin easy as well, not sure if I got lucky on that one Plane feels a bit more unstable compared to say the 58" Edge but nothing concerning. I like the 64" MXS much more than the 48" MXS I had.

My ESC temps were showing just over 200 deg though and motor felt a bit warm so I opened up the holes in the cowl some. Last night I remembered something, went to check and discovered I had not removed the pos wire from the the ICE LITE 100 (Using an external CC BEC @ 8V with the 7245MH servo's) so I had the onboard BEC at def voltage (guessing 4.8-5) fighting the external BEC which I'm guessing may have contributed to temp issues. The ICE LITE 100 in my 58 was running in the 150 deg range the same day and I think watts were just a little less than the MXS.

Those 7245MH's rock btw. I was much happier with the 58" Sat now that it had the 7245's over those Airtronics. Which reminds me, I have some Airtronics servo's for sale if someone wants them