HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:41 PM
It took me 30 years?!?!!!
Chandler, AZ
Joined Apr 2007
2,027 Posts
Hey guys... you like this?

Stormbach 442 (6 min 15 sec)

I think I'm gonna do a build. Flys on small (<1000) 3S battery...

Looks like a pretty sweet flyer.

FYI, no flying for me tomorrow -- no, NOT because of car racing -- but because kid basketball stuff is heating up again. :-)

TTYL.

Ben
btsai is offline Find More Posts by btsai
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:15 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2010
407 Posts
Wow, looks cool. I assume it's Depron??
PlanePhil is offline Find More Posts by PlanePhil
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:36 PM
Chandler, AZ
Joined Apr 2007
2,027 Posts
Epp!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:54 PM
Joined Oct 2010
407 Posts
Even better. Can't wait to see it.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:01 PM
Huck On,Huck Off, The Hucker
Philippines, Northern Mindanao, CDO
Joined Oct 2009
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsai View Post
Hey guys... you like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb6CA9F2TJg

I think I'm gonna do a build. Flys on small (<1000) 3S battery...

Looks like a pretty sweet flyer.

FYI, no flying for me tomorrow -- no, NOT because of car racing -- but because kid basketball stuff is heating up again. :-)

TTYL.

Ben
Looks like a nice flying bipe to me
graham1352 is offline Find More Posts by graham1352
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Oct 2009
470 Posts
hmm, wonder if Kevin is building an MXS or Byper at the moment
maybe both.
Daniel H's MXS vid was awesome
EXTREME FLIGHT 64'' MXS EXP.mp4 (7 min 28 sec)
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:42 PM
Chandler, AZ
Joined Apr 2007
2,027 Posts
Darn nice flying. That plane looks like a real winner.

Kevin -- you have... chosen wisely.

Cool somersault move at 4:08. And what's with that radical right turn at 6:25? Nice.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:57 PM
Joined Oct 2009
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsai View Post
Darn nice flying. That plane looks like a real winner.

Kevin -- you have... chosen wisely.

Cool somersault move at 4:08. And what's with that radical right turn at 6:25? Nice.
looks like a half snap with 90 degree turn. Haven't tried it from inverted,buts it's
pretty easy from upright to inverted, deep snap with some extra rudder
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:42 PM
House of Paine
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2007
2,184 Posts
MXS arrived Wed but still don't have servo's. Not sure what's going on at Tower, they showed the 7245's in stock Tues so I ordered another 4 for MXS (had 4 on b/o for the 58"). At order time they only showed 3 in stock so they shipped 3 and I still have orig 4 plus 1 from 2nd order on b/o. Today I noticed servo's back in stock but still no shipping notice on my b/o and I was able to put 5 in cart so it appears they have enough stock to fill by b/o's.

I took the AB 80 ESC from MXS combo and put it in my 57" as it does appear my old Hacker X70 was bad. I ordered an ICE100 lite to use with the MXS so it has a bit more headroom. That order came today from Todd's but they sent a standard ICE100, so I don't know when I'll have stuff needed for MXS.

Byper supposed to arrive Tues next week and I should have everything I need for it so hopefully at least one maiden next weekend.
weaser42 is offline Find More Posts by weaser42
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Oct 2009
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42 View Post
MXS arrived Wed but still don't have servo's. Not sure what's going on at Tower, they showed the 7245's in stock Tues so I ordered another 4 for MXS (had 4 on b/o for the 58"). At order time they only showed 3 in stock so they shipped 3 and I still have orig 4 plus 1 from 2nd order on b/o. Today I noticed servo's back in stock but still no shipping notice on my b/o and I was able to put 5 in cart so it appears they have enough stock to fill by b/o's.

I took the AB 80 ESC from MXS combo and put it in my 57" as it does appear my old Hacker X70 was bad. I ordered an ICE100 lite to use with the MXS so it has a bit more headroom. That order came today from Todd's but they sent a standard ICE100, so I don't know when I'll have stuff needed for MXS.

Byper supposed to arrive Tues next week and I should have everything I need for it so hopefully at least one maiden next weekend.
Diddly on Tower,and Todds orders
Ted and I should be out tomorrow, Dad has something else to do.
The yellow MXS is growing on me, I'll reserve judgement till I see vids
of the green one.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:40 PM
Joined Oct 2009
470 Posts
Wow, the 126 Slick fuse comes in a BIG box
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Feb 2009
42 Posts
Questions on my first Slick!

Hey Guys,
You wouldn't remember me, but I used to fly with you all at the Chandler Bowl. I chatted with you for a minute about the EPP slick at the AEF in January. Anyway, I know you guys are authorities on all things Slick and I wanted to ask a few questions. I talked to Mike today at Hacker and he said they would have 51s early next week available for pickup. They sell a combo that includes motor, esc, batt, prop, servos, and deans that will same me some cash (plus shipping if I pick it up). Questions:
1. The motor in their combo pack is the a30-10XL instead of the 12XL that 3DHS recommends. Should I try to get a 12XL from Hacker to have the lower kV and swing the 14x7 prop, or is there a reason Hacker is including the 900kV motor over their 700kV option? What motor do you suggest?
2. They include a 2700 TP pro lite 4s pack. I was looking at sky lipos for cost savings. What packs (size, brand) do you all like the best for this plane?
3. I need to buy a receiver. I have a DX6i and haven't ever flown a plane this big. What RX do you recommend for this plane and do I need to get one with a remote antenna? I just had to scrap my PocketKnife XL because of the shady orange RX I had on it. I definitely don't want to get the wrong RX for this sucker.
4. 3DHS told me yesterday that they don't plan on having 42 inch Slicks in stock until after the first of the year. I have been wanting the 42 ever since seeing guys fly it at the Bowl. I know the 51 is going to cost more and take up more space, but I hear that it is a little bit better than the 42 at just about everything. Is there any reason why I should hold out for a 42 over the 51? Is there some other airframe out there that is somehow better than the Slick (maybe sacrilege to suggest?) in this general size?

This will be my first balsa plane. I have a lot of depron and epp experience (SF1, PocketKnife XL, 3DHS Extra 330 EPP) and I think my skills are adequate for balsa, but I want to make sure I'm making the right choice. I really appreciate any information and advice you can send my way. Maybe I could come fly with you guys some time... I live near Greenfield and Warner and have been flying near the big church at Lindsay and Germann. Wide open, flat, no air traffic (or jerk Jet pilots), but the runway is a bit bumpy with gravel. I remember Ben telling me where you're secret site is, but have forgotten the specifics...
nikes614 is offline Find More Posts by nikes614
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:25 PM
Joined Oct 2010
407 Posts
Elliot and Elsworth look for the planes back in on the north east side. come tomorrow morning we will be out. Pretty sure you will see a 42 and 2 51's and a 70 and a 71 slick.

51 slick: love the 12xl with a 14X7 prop. Most common set up and it has major power with good flight time. 2200 4s battery seems to be the best, I use gens ace. I flew it with a dx6i and ar6110e and also flew it with a ar6200 with remote antenna. both seemed ok as long as you make sure you have good battery voltage.

42 a little cheaper to replace but the 51 does fly better. Both planes fly well.

Phil
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:41 PM
Joined Feb 2009
42 Posts
Thanks for the advise. I may get out there tomorrow morning. Are you guys flying by 7:00 a.m?
nikes614 is offline Find More Posts by nikes614
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Oct 2009
470 Posts
Dad and I will be there before 7