HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2011, 08:22 PM
USA, VA, Chesapeake
Joined Dec 2010
8 Posts
Discussion
Align Trex 600EFL Pro 12S Scale Hughes 500E 3D

ON THE DAY THEY WERE RELEASED I purchased the new Align Trex 600EFL Pro 12S helicopter super combo. I was surprised no Align towel in the box, but I could live without it. I began the build the same day I received it. I sold the 3GX system and purchased the Futaba CGY750 for this project - which I am very, very happy with. I also added a Futaba BLS251 to the tail rudder. Also, I changed the stock Align cyclic servos to more robust torque Futaba servos that are better suited for FBL flight. I was very satisfied with the flight, stablity, tracking, and the overall performance of the Trex 600EFL Pro after I made all the modifications I enjoy flying with with regard to performance. But being that this is a hobby, I like to try new things. So I began to wonder how it would perform as a scale helicopter; mainly because of stability of the CGY 750. The helicopter just stayed where ever I put it during piro flips, reverse rolls, big loops etc.

So I decided to take it to another level and put the Align Trex 650EFL Pro in a Align Scale Hughes 500. The build was somewhat challenging because I had to trim, raise, adjust, modify things here and there (but this is what I live for), (I have built several scale helicopter - Vario, Trex 600E, Thunder Tiger and others; so I know how to build. The only real issue was that because Align made this particular Trex 600 a little lower in stance/profile than the first Trex 600 I had to make some height adjustments to make everything come together for those perfect flight characteristics and performance attributes made us fall in love with helicopters in the first place!

I just wanted to share the finished product with those who may be interested in attemting this feat.

One thing I will suggest is that you epoxy all of the joints, add high quality magnets, epoxy the magnets and seams with a high quality epoxy. You will need to raise the mechanics approximately 10mm with a lightweight build-up material. I used a light weight Nylon material. Also, I used the rudder control rod that came with Hughes 500 kit. I had to form it to my perfection but it is holding the tail perfectly in forward and reverse flight. Cheers!
AlexanderCSD is offline Find More Posts by AlexanderCSD
Last edited by AlexanderCSD; Jul 09, 2011 at 08:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:14 PM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,314 Posts
Very nice! Trex600efl, my dream machine!
HeliGriff is offline Find More Posts by HeliGriff
Old Sep 16, 2011, 08:31 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,988 Posts
Very nice. I have the same heli but haven't built yet.

Vien
vienquach is offline Find More Posts by vienquach
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:05 PM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliGriff View Post
Very nice! Trex600efl, my dream machine!
Ordered mine today!! Thanks for sharing your photos!
HeliGriff is offline Find More Posts by HeliGriff
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:35 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Nov 2010
509 Posts
Nice heli! I recently bought a trex 600efl supercombo and plan to put it into a rc aerodyne hughes fuselage!
ian145 is offline Find More Posts by ian145