HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2003, 05:45 AM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,460 Posts
Aeronaut Panther flies

Made two good flights yesterday on my Panther and it proved to be a fine flying machine. I was a little nervous as it's my first bungee launched plane but i had no reason for concern as it launched without any problems.

But i have a question for you Panther flyers out there; I balanced mine as described in the manual and it felt a little tailheavy and i also needed about 1mm of downtrim on the elevator to get it trimmed for level flight, is this normal? Before my second flight i moved the battery about 1 cm forward and that seemed to help but i still need 1 mm downtrim, my German is not exactly brilliant but i thought the manual said to have 1-1,5 mm of uptrim and not downtrim

Besides this trim problem I really enjoyed flying the plane, with my power setup it cruises at half throttle so 5 min flights with my 1950mAh cells seems to be within reach, my timer was set on 3 min. and I had a minute of full throttle left after landing. What surprised me a little is how docile the landings are, it floats forever and lands soo slow, without any tipstalling tendencies.
Sorry but I don't have any pics or video yet, as i left my camera at home but it's coming...

Setup is as follows:
Schubeler DS-51-DIA-3ph
Hacker B50-10XL ( i know it's heavy but I had one lying around)
18 x 1950mAh FAUP cells ( zapped cells)
Kontronik Beat 80-6-18
Weight: 2300 gram
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2003, 01:50 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,177 Posts
Pictures !!!
Herb is offline Find More Posts by Herb
Old Sep 01, 2003, 06:55 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,460 Posts
I should have known that this would happen

Unfortunately this may take a while as i'm away for work the next two weeks so I won't get to fly it again before the 14th. Will try my best to get video and pics then.

But I have a pic of what I want it to look like after I get some paint on it, I wanted to make it a little less blue and ordinary. Also found a decalset for this sceme ( and ordered it ), but will wait with the finish until I get a few more flights on the plane, I like to wait with the details until the testflights have been completed to save me some grief if anything goes wrong.

Arngeir
Old Sep 02, 2003, 12:30 AM
Blaine, MN
Joined Jun 2003
43 Posts
my dad flew in these airplane alot when he was in the navy, one day he was suppsed to be taking a picture of the a bridge with some other fighters flying over it ... he was in the back seat and the pilot was getting cocky... the pilot pulled a high-G loop and the 150 pound camera shot straight thru the canopy!!! needless to say the pilot was grounded indefinately!!! the picture was to be used on the cover of either phone book or magazine whoever the higher bid was.. they never got the shot.... he said that panther/cougar is a sweet ass airplane!!! i love the way it looks...
MinnParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by MinnParkflyer
Old Sep 05, 2003, 05:24 AM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
8 Posts
Re: Aeronaut Panther flies

Quote:
Originally posted by Arngeir Blakseth

Made two good flights yesterday on my Panther and it proved to be a fine flying machine. I was a little nervous as it's my first bungee launched plane but i had no reason for concern as it launched without any problems.

Setup is as follows:
Schubeler DS-51-DIA-3ph
Hacker B50-10XL ( i know it's heavy but I had one lying around)
18 x 1950mAh FAUP cells ( zapped cells)
Kontronik Beat 80-6-18
Weight: 2300 gram
Arngeir,

Congratulations on your Panther!!

Have you given any thought to using LIPO batteries?

If you have time, please take a look at my thread "Tutorial for Newbies" under Batteries and Chargers. Most of the respondents have no experience with the high current draw of
edf Jets.

Thanks, Waldo
Me 262 is offline Find More Posts by Me 262
Old Sep 06, 2003, 02:55 AM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,460 Posts
Waldo,

Yes LiPo batteries are on the list of things I need to get, when I have the money after paying off my credit card bill
My plan is to use a 5S4P TP 8200 mAh battery, two 8 min flights on one charge is very interesting. But the FAUP's will have to do for now as the cost of LiPo's is to much right now, maybe I'll ask Santa if he has some batteries for me?

I've looked at your thread and if you have the money for it, the setup recommended by Daniel Schubeler would be a good match for your airplane. Looking at the Plettenberg website it is listed for 21 NiCd cells ( about equal to a 6Cell LiPo pack) giving you about 2300 gram of thrust for each fan. It should give your Me262 good performance and a flight time of 8-10 minutes.
For more info about Plettenberg and Schultze products here are links:

http://www.plettenberg-motoren.com/
http://www.schulze-elektronik-gmbh.de/index_uk.htm

Arngeir
Old Sep 22, 2003, 02:36 PM
Mellrich,Germany,NRW
Joined Jul 2000
32 Posts
Hi,

Here some more pictures from Aeronat F9F. Motormikes F9F from an Aeronaut kit. Paint job was done by the "master of colours" Ralle. Its hard to describe how perfect the paint job is and you can only get a raw imagination of it by the pictures.

good luck
HWE
H-WE is offline Find More Posts by H-WE
Last edited by H-WE; Sep 22, 2003 at 02:50 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 03:17 PM
Germany
Joined Sep 2002
116 Posts
more pics

pic
RalleKnalle is offline Find More Posts by RalleKnalle
Old Sep 22, 2003, 03:18 PM
Germany
Joined Sep 2002
116 Posts
and more

pic
Old Sep 22, 2003, 03:22 PM
Germany
Joined Sep 2002
116 Posts
decal set

@Arngeir,

where do you ordered the decal set for the "The blue tail fly"?
I have printed the decals that you can see on the pictures.

Ralle
Old Sep 22, 2003, 03:29 PM
Stavanger Sola, Norway
Joined Oct 2000
582 Posts
Ralle.
Wunderschön..
Helge
Helge Sondresen is online now Find More Posts by Helge Sondresen
Old Sep 22, 2003, 03:30 PM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,593 Posts
Ralle is at it again another superb finish!!.............gregg
gregg f is online now Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Sep 22, 2003, 03:38 PM
Germany
Joined Sep 2002
116 Posts
Decal set

decal set for the F9F , four sheets DIN A4!
Old Sep 22, 2003, 03:38 PM
Germany
Joined Sep 2002
116 Posts
next
Old Sep 22, 2003, 03:40 PM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
I agree with Gregg and Helge, outstanding job Ralf!

Mike, if you read this - order a new one to fly - this one should hang above your bed
Haldor is offline Find More Posts by Haldor