HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2011, 09:17 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
306 Posts
OK-business isn't hiring, people aren't spending-what next? Somebody's gotta blink. Or else the gov't needs to start another WPA which people won't be happy with here.
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:22 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
OK-business isn't hiring, people aren't spending-what next? Somebody's gotta blink. Or else the gov't needs to start another WPA which people won't be happy with here.
the obvious answer lies with government. Create a situation that makes business want to grow and expand. Massive taxes is not the way to do it. Uncertain taxes and healthcare costs don't help. Telling companies to hire and in the next sentence saying how you will punish them for success makes no sense.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:16 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Finally a bit of honest candor from an Obama administration official that is simply an admission of the patently obvious, couched in a little politicing of course....

http://news.yahoo.com/geithner-says-...150523958.html
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:23 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
Interesting (yet totally undocumented) analogy. On the other hand, I can point to numerous studies which show it is less expensive to insource same-type functions with civil service employees rather than contract them out to private resources.

Here is one such study Of course you have valid data to back up your claim?
Tell that to the widows of the 25 West Virginia miners who died due to the owner of the Upper Big Branch coal mine repeatedly ignoring safety regulations.

As disinclined as I am to even respond to tripe I'll bite just because there is such an easy example to clobber this drivel with

Remember that shovel ready jobs making stim u less?
Guess how much each job generated cost?
$278,000 that's how much.

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/...us-jobs-c.html

Any business owners out there want to have a poke at how many new hires you could add with that kind of dough?
Oh, wait, you can't do that because you have to pay the taxes to fund this crap.
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:24 AM
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
264 Posts
I see the implementation of cloward /piven in this admimistration ,not a good thing
debogus is offline Find More Posts by debogus
Old Jul 11, 2011, 05:19 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
It's not about jobs - it's about creating wealth - income - you may have to CUT jobs to do that!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE