Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 08, 2011, 02:24 PM
United States, CT, Manchester
Joined Jan 2007
369 Posts
Discussion
Got my Swamp Dawg.... But need help programing my DX6i

I sent my dx6i back to spektrum to have the throttle stick modded to be self centering.... But I have a problem when I turn turn on the radio and plug the battery into the Swamp dawg it is at half power because of the self centering stick... I need help on programing the radio...
hotrodder is offline Find More Posts by hotrodder
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2011, 03:09 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,791 Posts
You need to calibrate the ESC to the TX throttle range. Not sure how, but it should tell you how in the instructions for the ESC.

Sometimes it's as easy as having the TX at full throttle when you plug the battery in, wait for a beep then release to neutral and wait for another beep.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jul 08, 2011, 08:19 PM
United States, CT, Manchester
Joined Jan 2007
369 Posts
There are no instructions with the esc... I bought it at HK...... I called spektrum and the rep said there is no way to do it...
hotrodder is offline Find More Posts by hotrodder
Old Jul 08, 2011, 09:07 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,791 Posts
You can probably program the TX using a couple mixes and adjusting end points, but it'll be MUCH easier to calibrate the ESC.

Do you have a link to the ESC?
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Dec 11, 2011, 09:56 AM
United States, MA, Tyngsborough
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Esc

Used the HobbyKing.com: Turnigy TrackStar 18A 1/18th Scale Brushless Car ESC (TTS-18A).
Programmed to the right stick. Elevator = Throttle and Alerons = rudder.

It also gives you an ON/OFF switch so you don't have to open the cover to disconnect the battery when not using

You can solder your Motor wires, because you can use your transmitters ability to reverse the polarity, rather than swapping the motor wires.

NOTE: Main is Swamp-Dawg thread is at: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1450343
OwlPic is offline Find More Posts by OwlPic
Last edited by OwlPic; Dec 11, 2011 at 10:44 AM.