Old Jul 07, 2011, 08:17 PM
More computers = More fun
Pennsylvania, USA
Joined Aug 2010
75 Posts
Question
Parkzone 18A ESC Problem

Hello all-

I have a Parkzone P-51D Mustang BL and I just converted it over to flydream recievers. While doing this it seems that the throttle channel of my transmitter (An Futaba 9VAP) will always need to be reversed. I learned this while trying to convert, so I believe the ESC saw me as starting the plane at full throttle while I was at idle (hence the reversed). Because of this I *think* I inedvertantly entered it into programming mode and may have changed some setting. Now when I hook up my fully charged 3-Cell lipo (I have eleminated this as the culprit) into it I get the startup tone from the plane but it is followed by only 2 beeps instead on the 3 it should sound, signaling the 3 cells if the lipo.

Please help me as I am not sure if this would have a big impact on the low-voltage cutoff of the esc, meaning my mustang would just suddenly die in the air and crash or glide away without a trace...

Thanks!
Dellagd is offline Find More Posts by Dellagd
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2011, 12:26 PM
More computers = More fun
Pennsylvania, USA
Joined Aug 2010
75 Posts
Well, I continued with my troubleshooting and fixed it by following the programming instructions for this ESC. The only difference is that there was a option for 2 CELL LIPO which I had apperantly set it to. Set it to 3 CELL LIPO and was all good again. Beeps on startup are now good!

Here is the manual for all who might need it in the future!

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...structions.pdf

(Ill attach it since the link might go dead someday. I give credit to the website above for the pdf)
Dellagd is offline Find More Posts by Dellagd