HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2013, 06:06 PM
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
2,939 Posts
MUST look away......too many irons already!

Bill
williame3590 is online now Find More Posts by williame3590
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2013, 07:58 PM
Joined Dec 2007
439 Posts
Here is a picture of the Ohlsson & Rice .23 next to the little teher car. I think that it will fit nice once I take the dashboard and seat out.
RC-Archer is offline Find More Posts by RC-Archer
Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:15 PM
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
2,939 Posts
Muuuust loooook awayyyyy!

Bill
williame3590 is online now Find More Posts by williame3590
Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:24 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williame3590 View Post
Muuuust loooook awayyyyy!

Bill
williame3590

Resistance is futile
coriolan is online now Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Oct 29, 2013, 04:04 AM
France, IDF, Paris
Joined Sep 2013
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Archer View Post
Here is a picture of the Ohlsson & Rice .23 next to the little teher car. I think that it will fit nice once I take the dashboard and seat out.

I wonder if a 19 would be more comfortable in there?
PIXOTTE is offline Find More Posts by PIXOTTE
Old Oct 29, 2013, 07:50 AM
Joined Dec 2007
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIXOTTE View Post
I believe that the O&R .19 and the .23 are the same size case with the difference being the cranks. Maybe somebody can confirm.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 08:31 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIXOTTE View Post
Yeah, they're exactly the same overall size and case dimensions. The earlier side port models were marked 19 or 23, on the front of the cylinder and, at some stages of the production, there was a difference in the number of fins. But the later front induction engines aren't marked, and differentiating between them is difficult, you need to look at the con-rod or actually measure the cylinder (externally).
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2013, 04:17 AM
France, IDF, Paris
Joined Sep 2013
31 Posts
Thank you for this precision, I have a McCoy 19 which should well integrate, thus!
PIXOTTE is offline Find More Posts by PIXOTTE
Old Oct 30, 2013, 01:29 PM
Joined Dec 2007
439 Posts
Does anybody have a picture of an axle similar to this that is milled and completed w bearings?
Old Nov 01, 2013, 09:04 AM
Joined Dec 2007
439 Posts
No pics, huh? Can anybody tell me how the axle is mounted? If I did it my way, I would have 4 ball bearings. Two outboard and two inboard next to the spur gears. But I don't know how to machine the inboard bearing recesses. I can bore a hole thru the axle and use outboard bearings and inboard bronze bushings. But before I reinvent the wheel, I want to see how it was done originally.
Old Nov 01, 2013, 10:13 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Archer View Post
No pics, huh? Can anybody tell me how the axle is mounted? If I did it my way, I would have 4 ball bearings. Two outboard and two inboard next to the spur gears. But I don't know how to machine the inboard bearing recesses. I can bore a hole thru the axle and use outboard bearings and inboard bronze bushings. But before I reinvent the wheel, I want to see how it was done originally.
I believe this is the rear axle casting for a Trackmaster that I did sell to you. The set came from Peter Hill of the Retro Racing Club in England over 10 years ago already. The top casting was casted in two halves, not in length but in the middle where the arm rest are, I remember it was a hell of a job to weld them together since the ends of both halves were not even straight. I cannot remember that I even got some drawings for the car. I have included a colour copy from a Trackmaster from the magnificent Robert Ames book Vintage Miniature Racing Cars, maeby that is some help. I know that the Retro Racing Club still exists but do not know about Peter Hill's whereabouts. But you can find the club on Google. Do'nt try Trackmaster 'cause that seems to be a toy train as well.
You can enlarge the picture. PS : I do not think that ball bearings were used in the car.
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Old Nov 01, 2013, 10:20 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,985 Posts
Mardave

After the Saito saga I could finally get back to that. It is coming on fine. I decided to dump the ugly plastic wheels and make new ones in aluminium. By the way, the coachwork is not made of Lexan but PVC. I would like a new one but an extensive search on ebay was no use, altough Mardave still does exist but it's all gone electric of course.
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Old Nov 01, 2013, 11:01 AM
Joined Dec 2007
439 Posts
Thanks for your response. That picture is one of your pictures that I borrowed since I didn't have a picture at hand. Attached is the actual axle that I need to bore and mill for bearings and gears.
Old Nov 01, 2013, 01:16 PM
Joined Nov 2013
1 Posts
Tether Cars

Hello, I am the past president of the American Minature Race Car Association for the years 2009-2012. I race actively at the Anderson, Indiana track and also at the location where ever the annual National Championship is. I currently hold the Class 9B car record with a Bob Oge modified Rossi 46 engine in a Marsall Metal Products Indy car (like a late 60s Watson Indy Roadster). Currently the premier maker of tether cars in the USA is John Ellis of New Jersey. His cars are super fast, precision made wonders. He makes open wheel type cars not the European style enclosed wheel cars. He also designed and produced the Ellis Eagle 60 engine and is making a limited number of Nelson DC60 engines currently.

See www.amraca.com for more info and videos of cars running. Current world record speed held in Europe (lots of tracks there) is 214mph.

Tom
PS Keep in mind the Cox Thimbledrome cars (with Cameron and Spitfire engines) and the McCoy car (19 engine) were originally made for the "toy" market for kids as was the O&R car..
Tom Pearson is offline Find More Posts by Tom Pearson
Old Nov 01, 2013, 01:55 PM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,718 Posts
Welcome Tom!
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member