HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2011, 08:13 AM
Toronto
Joined Nov 2009
69 Posts
New Product
Propeller Calculator Available for iPhone or iPod Touch!

Hi,
I made an application that allows makes it easier to make the perfect power combination on your first try! Have a look at the screenshots, its pretty self explanatory. Please help support my hobby and get this app, its only 1.99
Thanks.
PS. If you guys like it I can add more stuff, just request!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/prope...0873?mt=8&ls=1\

REVIEWS:

"If you are trying to figure out how fast your plane will go, this app makes your life so much easier."

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...ileId=20074971
Inakto is offline Find More Posts by Inakto
Last edited by Inakto; Jul 20, 2011 at 10:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:35 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,140 Posts
It should also predict the actual inflight RPM and the approximate flying speed of the airplane.

There is a bad implementation of a good calculator here: http://2bfly.com/tools/

I say it is a bad implementation because you can only post or bookmark a link to the http://2bfly.com/tools/ page, then you have to pick Calculators, Powerplant Calculators, and finally you can use the RC Airplane Propeller Pitch Speed Calculator.

I still use it because it is a good one, they just re-did their pages and I've mentioned to them that their new page is inferior to the old page and harder to use.

Typical deal, a web page is working fine, some web page programmer convinces the owner that they can make them a beautiful new page, the page owner finally rolls over and coughs up money for a new page and gets one that does not do the job that the old on did as well or even at all.

It is what I call the "New frosting on an old cake that has been spit on first" deal...

This is a hobby and forum that gives freely of advice, plans, info on how to do things, etc. Did it ever occur to you that you wanting to add your app to Apple's greedy little kingdom of "let's make money off of everybody and everything" is a little out of character for this forum and hobby?

Read no anger or insult into this, just polite conversation..

Jack (At the Geezerville Aerodrome and using a Macbook...)
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:46 AM
Toronto
Joined Nov 2009
69 Posts
Regarding the latter part of what you said:
Quote:
"Did it ever occur to you that you wanting to add your app to Apple's greedy little kingdom of "let's make money off of everybody and everything" is a little out of character for this forum and hobby?"
If you think that the "hobby" industry is solely committed to providing you with the pleasures of RC for free you are gravely mistaken.

And this forum is obviously supporting paid products - just look at where I posted this: Vendors/Product announcements.

If I could I would work for free unfortunately I have my university education to pay for.

Your suggestions are noted and I will improve the app if a few people buy it. (free updates)

JL
Old Jul 13, 2011, 07:06 PM
Toronto
Joined Nov 2009
69 Posts
I have submitted Version 2 to apple!

Get it now for free upgrade trust me version 2 is amazing
Old Jul 16, 2011, 09:20 PM
Toronto
Joined Nov 2009