HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by tele1974, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 07, 2011, 06:38 AM
USA, OH, Olmsted Falls
Joined Feb 2007
880 Posts
Discussion
First pattern contest

I am just about packed and ready to leave for my very first pattern contest. I will be attending the Weak Signals Contest in Monroe, MI this weekend. My Great Planes Venus II is as ready as its going to get and thumbs are not. I have practiced the sequence twice out at the field. Its difficult to get out their with my 2 and 4 year old. I have did some homework. I have the sequence about 90% memorized and with the help of a caller I should make it through the sequence. It will be interesting to see all of the high dollar aircraft that will be flying in the upper classes. Hopefully I will be able to hook up with a mentor for the weekend to coach me through the contest. I am bringing my Extra 300 just in case as a back up. I hope to get a few flights tonight or tomorrow. Just to get used to a new field. Also, I need to figure out what 150 meters is from the flight line. I usually fly in much much closer than that? And then to fly through the sequence at that line. Orientation is going to be totally different. Back to packing.
tele1974 is offline Find More Posts by tele1974
Last edited by tele1974; Jul 07, 2011 at 06:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts