SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 06, 2011, 09:53 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,855 Posts
Discussion
It appears that China might also have debt problems!

Just saw this and for some reason it made me wonder what is really going on anywhere.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Jul 07, 2011, 01:01 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Articles at Von Mises note that China is not free from inexorable economic laws any more than they can avoid gravity. Their enormous control and access to manipulation of human and natural resources can hide the huge imbalances they are creating with the artificially low reminbi, but not forever.

As they assume more and more bad debt the malinvestment created by these fatal decisions will become increasingly difficult to hide, and at some point the reckoning will come. One VMi austrian economist calculated they were leveraged something like 2000:1 (or even worse) and concluded that when they blow up, it will make the US problems look like playtime.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Jul 07, 2011, 04:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
0 Posts
Of course china is in debt ALL of the london colonial countries are in debt

When china "buys our debt" it is their banks "london colonials" banks just providing us credit in exchange for bonds to put us more in debt

I didn't think you guys understood it and so explains your opinions about money

explains alot

Most people don't get the banking thing

You should demand explanations about the international banking

People with plenty of money,, "I got mine Jack!" so don't care attitude and no drive to learn
Piperpi is offline Find More Posts by Piperpi
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 07, 2011, 04:25 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
My understanding is that they urgently need ongoing debt service payments from us to provide loans and subsidies to their less urban provinces and localities. The direct and indirect corruption siphoned off of this by local officials and the well connected is what keeps their whole system afloat. Not all that unlike ours in that respect I suppose.
If we default on our payments, the whole house of cards comes down which could be very destabilizing to China. Probably more so than here and the effects are likely to be a lot more abrupt. the situation would really go into the blender and the outcome could be very good, very bad or something in between.
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Jul 07, 2011, 05:36 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
There is no way to know what China's current account balances really are. I am willing to bet that they don't know themselves. But they are living on borrowed time and can juggle the balls for only so long.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Jul 07, 2011, 08:53 PM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
There is no way to know what China's current account balances really are. I am willing to bet that they don't know themselves. But they are living on borrowed time and can juggle the balls for only so long.
Sounds familiar
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:18 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
I am guessing that soon a person will come along with a new currency for the world, a new plan.... and everybody is gonna jump on it and go for it, just like the masses of "dependents" jumped on the Obama hope and change rhetoric.

Clean slate, a start over. So to speak. Will it work? Not long term, but it doesn't have too. It will be short termed, But it really on has to last as long as the next cycle in life.

What comes after the age of information? age of currency........
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:20 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
I am guessing that soon a person will come along with a new currency for the world, a new plan.... and everybody is gonna jump on it and go for it, just like the masses of "dependents" jumped on the Obama hope and change rhetoric.

Clean slate, a start over. So to speak. Will it work? Not long term, but it doesn't have too. It will be short termed, But it really on has to last as long as the next cycle in life.

What comes after the age of information? age of currency........
Maybe sticks and stones till we develop bows and arrows.......
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:23 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piperpi View Post
Of course china is in debt ALL of the london colonial countries are in debt

When china "buys our debt" it is their banks "london colonials" banks just providing us credit in exchange for bonds to put us more in debt

I didn't think you guys understood it and so explains your opinions about money

explains alot

Most people don't get the banking thing

You should demand explanations about the international banking

People with plenty of money,, "I got mine Jack!" so don't care attitude and no drive to learn
Evidently you think no one else has read TJ!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2011, 02:26 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
China isn't in trouble - it's just adjusting itself to fit into the puzzle - China has two massive (truly massive) advantages over the rest of the world.

A huge reserve of labour

A huge reserve of natural resources

Add to that, the most innovative (historically) and imaginative peoples on the planet and I think that you have the recipe for doing what you want when you want it!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Jul 08, 2011, 07:05 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
China isn't in trouble - it's just adjusting itself to fit into the puzzle - China has two massive (truly massive) advantages over the rest of the world.

A huge reserve of labour

A huge reserve of natural resources

Add to that, the most innovative (historically) and imaginative peoples on the planet and I think that you have the recipe for doing what you want when you want it!
and they really listen to those who protest but sometimes the dead are hard to hear.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2011, 07:38 AM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
and they really listen to those who protest but sometimes the dead are hard to hear.
Yes ,true. ET forgot to list that advantage.

See the kind of people the USA hires because that is also not far from the truth.

To bad the big book didnt teach these complex morals
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Old Jul 08, 2011, 07:41 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
There's business and then there's morals - the two can go together, but often don't!

Everytime you shop at Walmart or buy Chinese you probably support an immoral chain of transaction!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE