HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:26 PM
Joined May 2011
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
How easy is it to swap out the motor on this plane? Looks like you would have to remove the motor mount, or is there enough room between the foam supports for the motor mount?
I am able to squeeze the motor out from the gap of the frame without damaging anything. But I do it very slowly and very carefully, it takes time but it works.
JackRC is offline Find More Posts by JackRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:56 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrc View Post
i am able to squeeze the motor out from the gap of the frame without damaging anything. But i do it very slowly and very carefully, it takes time but it works.
+1
maxbee is offline Find More Posts by maxbee
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:36 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,362 Posts
Yep i think if you are careful you can take it out with no problem. BTW 7rider, not sure which motor you are using, but the one twisted hobbys sells in the combo is amazing, it has tons of power and flight times are great! using 11.1V 1000 packs here, and i feel they are just perfect size, i get easily 6 - 7 minutes of HARD flying. This plane rocks!!!!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:33 PM
Dances With The Wind
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,408 Posts
I maidened my RS-352 yesterday. I ended up putting six packs through it. It rocks!

Twisted Hobbys got the kit to me here in Hawaii in record time, and they did not charge me extra for shipping, like a lot of companies do. Great customer service!

I bought the entire combo that Aerofundan reccomends. Plane, motor, esc and servos. It adds up to a kind of pricey package, but but it is worth it. The combo is outstanding. On 1000mah lipos, the power is amazing and the flight times are very good. The planes flies very well. Great knife edge, great rollers, easy hovering, tons of vertical punch, etc. Knife edge spins are effortless and fun to do. I had a blast.

Nice plane, great combo, excellent service from Twisted. I am a happy camper.
Brian Courtice is online now Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:46 PM
Joined May 2011
259 Posts
I already put around 160 flights on this plane and still going strong. Couple of crashes but the plane still show no sign of fatigue. customer service from Twisted Hobbies is superb !
Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:47 PM
80s called they want FLA back
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Courtice View Post
I maidened my RS-352 yesterday. I ended up putting six packs through it. It rocks!

Twisted Hobbys got the kit to me here in Hawaii in record time, and they did not charge me extra for shipping, like a lot of companies do. Great customer service!

I bought the entire combo that Aerofundan reccomends. Plane, motor, esc and servos. It adds up to a kind of pricey package, but but it is worth it. The combo is outstanding. On 1000mah lipos, the power is amazing and the flight times are very good. The planes flies very well. Great knife edge, great rollers, easy hovering, tons of vertical punch, etc. Knife edge spins are effortless and fun to do. I had a blast.

Nice plane, great combo, excellent service from Twisted. I am a happy camper.

Congrats!! I can't wait to get my hands on one.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Aug 20, 2011, 09:31 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,531 Posts
New to the RS-352....

I too have just joined the ranks of RC Factory RS-352 owners. Kit arrived today will start putting together tonight, I am kind of a slow builder, so probably won't be ready until next week end, just need to score some batteries. I have seen that the 1000mah 3s paks from Value Hobby have been recommened in other posts, anyone else have suggestions on a good source?
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Aug 20, 2011, 09:37 PM
Dances With The Wind
Joined May 2002
6,408 Posts
I'm using Sky Lipo brand 30c's from Nitroplanes. Only a few cycles in 'em so far, but they seem to put out lots of power.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/77p-sl100...-30c-3333.html
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:13 PM
Joined May 2011
259 Posts
I bought 6 1000mah 30C 3S Lipo from value hobby.

The batteries are weird, it comes with their own adapter for balance port, kinda hassle to put it on everytime you want to charge them. Especially when you charge 6 at the same time.

And all the batteries' internal resistance jump from 3 omh to 16 omh within 4 cycles. But after 30 cycles of normal usage it comes back to 8~10 omh. Still high in my opinion so I email their customer service asking about their 30 days money back guaranteed and of course heard nothing back.. Will probably not buy from them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
New to the RS-352....

I too have just joined the ranks of RC Factory RS-352 owners. Kit arrived today will start putting together tonight, I am kind of a slow builder, so probably won't be ready until next week end, just need to score some batteries. I have seen that the 1000mah 3s paks from Value Hobby have been recommened in other posts, anyone else have suggestions on a good source?
cdee
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:35 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,531 Posts
thanks JackRC and Brian for the insight and suggestions.

I am real happy with the nanotech 2s paks (from twisted hobbys) I am using on my Vector, C88 and Slicks, and might give the 3s 1000mah ones a try... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html .not quite ready to spend $25 a pak for hyperions...
cdee
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:57 PM
Joined Jan 2010
813 Posts
Just ordered the plane, can't wait to get it, and start the build

great looking plane, one of the best foamies Iv'e seen out their

$179.00 shipped to FL, for the plane, motor, esc

Now I just need some lipos, and servos
fltekdiver is offline Find More Posts by fltekdiver
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:44 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,531 Posts
Elevator and Rudder pull-pull linkage...

Is everyone using the thread for the pull-pull linkages? If so, how is it working out? If not, are you using a standard carbon linkage rod, zbend and a horn on one side?
cdee
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:42 AM
Dances With The Wind
Joined May 2002
6,408 Posts
Pull pull for me.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 07:50 AM
80s called they want FLA back
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Quote:
New to the RS-352....

cdee

Congrats!! Try HobbyPartz.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:46 PM
Joined May 2011
259 Posts
Quote:
Elevator and Rudder pull-pull linkage...

Is everyone using the thread for the pull-pull linkages? If so, how is it working out? If not, are you using a standard carbon linkage rod, zbend and a horn on one side?
cdee
with pull pull setup, my hinges gave up on me at around 60 flights, basically it is constantly putting pressure on the hinge and eventually break it.
Now I am using carbon fiber push rod with a guide that hold the rod in the middle. no more slack and no longer need adjustment.