HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2011, 11:38 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
I was able to kill the brake off by dropping the throttle to low when the esc first powers up. Thier are really two program modes. If you miss it and the esc go into the beep cycles you will have to start over.

Can't help you on the no sound. My end points will not say set also. I just turned my low sub trim down and it helps with that low throttle gap.
maxbee is offline Find More Posts by maxbee
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2011, 12:28 PM
Joined May 2011
259 Posts
I think my ESC is defected due to unable to memorize any setting. I email Brad at Twisted Hobbies last night and new parts are already on the way this morning!!

WOW, this is the best service I have ever seen, will definitely do business with Twisted hobbies again !

I will set my sub trim for now to fill up the low throttle gap. Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbee View Post
I was able to kill the brake off by dropping the throttle to low when the esc first powers up. Thier are really two program modes. If you miss it and the esc go into the beep cycles you will have to start over.

Can't help you on the no sound. My end points will not say set also. I just turned my low sub trim down and it helps with that low throttle gap.
JackRC is offline Find More Posts by JackRC
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:29 PM
Joined Jun 2011
29 Posts
a guy at the field just let me fly this plane last week and i was *very* pleasantly surprised. when he said to me, "brian, you wanna fly my new foamie? it flies great!" i was thinking, yeah, yeah, everyone thinks their planes fly great, but most of them are very un-impressive.

but was i wrong! i would have to say this flies at least as well as my dw yak, if not better! and i'm a big fan of dw foamies. the roll rate was just insane, which i always welcome in any size plane. i only had one flight with it, but afterwards, i told him, "wow! where do i get this?"

but when i checked on their website, it's $122+shipping! for a foamie?! i guess the plus is that i dont have to paint and dont have to mess with hinges, which would save a lot of time. anyway, i guess the time savings is worth that much. i'll order it today.
boosted180 is offline Find More Posts by boosted180
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:32 PM
Joined May 2011
259 Posts
Hey Brian, it's me, Jack, glad you like my plane
and the services from Twisted Hobby is good too. no complain so far.

see you in the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted180 View Post
a guy at the field just let me fly this plane last week and i was *very* pleasantly surprised. when he said to me, "brian, you wanna fly my new foamie? it flies great!" i was thinking, yeah, yeah, everyone thinks their planes fly great, but most of them are very un-impressive.

but was i wrong! i would have to say this flies at least as well as my dw yak, if not better! and i'm a big fan of dw foamies. the roll rate was just insane, which i always welcome in any size plane. i only had one flight with it, but afterwards, i told him, "wow! where do i get this?"

but when i checked on their website, it's $122+shipping! for a foamie?! i guess the plus is that i dont have to paint and dont have to mess with hinges, which would save a lot of time. anyway, i guess the time savings is worth that much. i'll order it today.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:48 PM
Joined Jun 2011
29 Posts
hey jack! didnt you know you were on here! thanks for letting me fly your plane. i just crashed and killed my dw yak today (the orange one), so it's the perfect time to get the rc-factory foamie. =) how long did the shipping take and how did it take for you to put it together?

see you at the field. i'll probably be there monday, with my big plane.
boosted180 is offline Find More Posts by boosted180
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:09 PM
Joined May 2011
259 Posts
Quote:
hey jack! didnt you know you were on here! thanks for letting me fly your plane. i just crashed and killed my dw yak today (the orange one), so it's the perfect time to get the rc-factory foamie. =) how long did the shipping take and how did it take for you to put it together?

see you at the field. i'll probably be there monday, with my big plane.
shipping is 2 days, I was suprised when it show up early on my front door.

Put it together is actually a little bit tricky if you want to do it right. I really don't like the pull-pull cable so I am going to re-do the hinge tonight with push rod and also I am going to re-locate the hinge for better alignment. Just PM me for any question.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:12 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biznitch View Post
To get more travel just make servo horn extenders like on your 3DHS EPP or use the extra ones in their kit.
Or how about Twisted Hobbys arms, they are plastic and much stronger and better looking than the wood.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:47 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,478 Posts
I'm using all the stock stuff, and it has plenty of throw everywhere!!! rudder has enough throw that it can touch the elevator, and the ailerons with teh stock servo arms have enough throw to have a super fast roll rate!!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 14, 2011, 05:41 AM
Electric Hippy
Brisbane
Joined Nov 2005
2,360 Posts
I found it difficult to pay for my first rc-factory plane, but now I wont buy any other foamy. I got 600+ flights on my yak and have yet to break the undercarriage or its mounting. They are the best flying foamy too.

Quote:

Eagleburger is offline Find More Posts by Eagleburger
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:17 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,478 Posts
Yep, they fly amazing.... the RS-352 has a special place in my fleet now, and every time i go to the field it goes with me! it is just super fun!
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:04 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
You are the man Dan! When are you going to change that Avatar to the RS-352?
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:26 AM
Wantirna Sth Vic,Australia
Joined Jul 2006
336 Posts
I was thinking of using Futaba 3114s on this plane. Do you think they will be up to the task? 1.5kg torque at 4.8 volts.
biznitch is offline Find More Posts by biznitch
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:49 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,478 Posts
Funny Chris

Biznitch i think, those servos have enough torque, i think they should be fine, this is a really light airplane that is around 15 - 16 oz auw.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:49 AM
USA, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2007
933 Posts
How easy is it to swap out the motor on this plane? Looks like you would have to remove the motor mount, or is there enough room between the foam supports for the motor mount?
7rider is offline Find More Posts by 7rider
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:17 AM
slow but inefficient
Riverhead NY USA
Joined Dec 2000
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
How easy is it to swap out the motor on this plane? Looks like you would have to remove the motor mount, or is there enough room between the foam supports for the motor mount?
If you have to remove the motor you can just cut away the foam to get it out and glue the foam back after the reinstallation.
Ron Williams is offline Find More Posts by Ron Williams