Appears so

http://shop.twistedhobbys.com/RcFact...2-RCFRS352.htm
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:14 AM
slow but inefficient
Riverhead NY USA
Joined Dec 2000
3,097 Posts
I've had mine for weeks now - all I need is time to build it.
Ron Williams is offline Find More Posts by Ron Williams
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:42 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,606 Posts
Yup Twisted Hobbys has it available in USA!, thats where i got mine from! here is the video uploaded to Youtube for those that don't like or can't use Vimeo!, this one has a different soundtrack because Youtube didnt like my other songs lol

Twisted Hobbys RC Factory USA RS-352 (Sbach) flown by Daniel Dominguez (6 min 36 sec)
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:42 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgmag View Post
Wow, great flying! Any idea how this compares to the RC Factory Flash? I have one and I'm thinking of replacing it with this plane.

Bob
Thanks Bob!! I have no experience with the Flash, so i can't compare it, but i can tell you this is an amazing flying foamy, best one i have flown so far!!!

Daniel
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:53 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,606 Posts
Ok guys the last steps of the build thread has been posted!, Apart from that to add, the recommended CG by RC Factory was spot on, and the plane flys fantastic!! I'm getting 6 minutes of HARD flying with 1000 mah 11.1v packs and still have more battery left, so i feel that anyone can easily get +7 minutes of flight times on this packs, and if you take it really easy i wouldnt be surprised that you can get 8 minutes out of it! So the Twisted Hobbys power combo is really behaving perfect!
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:07 AM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,270 Posts
I'm looking for a smaller airplane that I can fly in a smaller air space. I'm unsure if this airplane would be my best choice because the wingspan is only 4 1/2 inches smaller than my Telink SU-29.

It's my goal to be able to fly my airplanes with this much control and skill so I'll be able to fly in more places, not having to drive 12 miles to the flying field and having to deal with all the other people flying their nitro-powered jets and blah, blah, blah. This inspirational video shows a young man doing some very cool stuff in a very tight area --> LINK

It seems like when flying in a small area, the size of the airplane isn't as important as the flying skills to control it. Is this true?

Regardless, one cannot have too many airplanes or helicopters and it's a great looking airplane so . . . I'll probably get one soon. BTW, I was impressed with the quality of the Telink SU-29 but I also enjoy variety so having an RC Factory airplane in the hangar would be nice.
Buzz_Man is online now Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:25 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,606 Posts
those 4 inches, are actually a big difference in size for flying in small spaces, and also flight speed!, consider that this plane weights 10 oz less than the Telinks! so its a completely different class of plane!

That video you posted, WOW amazing!!
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 26, 2011, 02:07 AM
Joined May 2011
259 Posts
Thanks for the build thread, I just placed my order and trying to figure out what battery to get.

Do you use dean connector or JST connector? Could you give us a close up shot of how/where to mount the battery at?

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
Ok guys the last steps of the build thread has been posted!, Apart from that to add, the recommended CG by RC Factory was spot on, and the plane flys fantastic!! I'm getting 6 minutes of HARD flying with 1000 mah 11.1v packs and still have more battery left, so i feel that anyone can easily get +7 minutes of flight times on this packs, and if you take it really easy i wouldnt be surprised that you can get 8 minutes out of it! So the Twisted Hobbys power combo is really behaving perfect!
JackRC is offline Find More Posts by JackRC
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:40 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,606 Posts
Hi Jack, i'm using Zippys 1000 mah 11.1v 20c and nanotechs 1000 mah 11.1v 25-50c, and out of those two the nanotechs show more power for sure, and they are lighter than the zippys i think... On mine i'm using deans connectors! To mount the battery pack, what i did was measure their recommended CG, and cut a hole in the bottom of the fuse, so the battery goes through, this gives you a neutral lateral cg, i will post pics later today!

Daniel
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:56 PM
Joined May 2011
259 Posts
awesome, I've ordered 6 pack of 1000mah 30C last night with dean connector, sounds like I have made a good decision. Can't wait to fly the plane!

btw, what's the prop size you choose? I am also using recommended power system and can't find the recommended prop size anywhere. I did order some 10*4.7 and hopefully that's right one.

Jack

Quote:
Hi Jack, i'm using Zippys 1000 mah 11.1v 20c and nanotechs 1000 mah 11.1v 25-50c, and out of those two the nanotechs show more power for sure, and they are lighter than the zippys i think... On mine i'm using deans connectors! To mount the battery pack, what i did was measure their recommended CG, and cut a hole in the bottom of the fuse, so the battery goes through, this gives you a neutral lateral cg, i will post pics later today!

Daniel
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:25 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,606 Posts
Thats exactly the right prop!, also you got the right packs! you will love this plane i for sure love mine!
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:35 PM
Joined May 2011
259 Posts
Quote:
Thats exactly the right prop!, also you got the right packs! you will love this plane i for sure love mine!
cool, I've checked out your video last night and you fly awesome man.

I am trying to figure out how to do vertical rolling harrier circle without luck, how did you do that?

I can do rolling harrier comfortably both way, both direction but not straight up circle like yours. FYI.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 03:44 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
Quote:
Are you guys getting the packs at HK?
maxbee is offline Find More Posts by maxbee
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:24 PM
Joined May 2011
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbee View Post
Are you guys getting the packs at HK?
I used to buy it from HK but not this time.

This time I got mine 3S 30C battery from valuehobby.com, price is the same and they give you 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, and the battery also come with Dean connector, not the yellow connector from HK.

I order it last night and the package is already on the way, no complain so far.