HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:09 AM
Registered User
dynodude's Avatar
El Cajon, CA
Joined May 2007
274 Posts
Ok, I get the lights. But, inquiring minds want to know; What are the rows of "projections" on the leading edges of the wing, elevator and rudder?
dynodude is online now Find More Posts by dynodude
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:49 AM
slow but inefficient
Ron Williams's Avatar
Riverhead NY USA
Joined Dec 2000
3,097 Posts
I used the same Aurora set up on mine. It hasn't worked too well because the colors of the plane don't reflect the light enough. With a three cell pack it's much brighter but still a problem. My first attempt at a cure was to spray a light coat of silver over the dark canopy and attach some reflective tape on one side of the upper fuselage. So far somewhat better. The green seems to absorb a lot of the light too. Maybe the Flash would be better. If I can't improve the RS352 with a few more moves, I'll move the lights to my Flash.

I'd guess those little things on the Freesex plane are turbulators. Do they work?
Ron Williams is offline Find More Posts by Ron Williams
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:56 AM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,532 Posts
For any of you 1.0m Sbach fliers that are looking to spice it up a bit, the 1.2m Sbach is a very nice flier, video link below.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=215

enjoy!
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:45 AM
Registered User
freesex's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynodude View Post
Ok, I get the lights. But, inquiring minds want to know; What are the rows of "projections" on the leading edges of the wing, elevator and rudder?
those projections are votex generations, there is extensive discussion about it in extreme flight 60" extra 300's thread, here is a link
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post21332229

I simply copied their configuration, and noticed slight improvement in rolling precision and control authority.
freesex is offline Find More Posts by freesex
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:24 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesex View Post
those projections are votex generations, there is extensive discussion about it in extreme flight 60" extra 300's thread, here is a link
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post21332229

I simply copied their configuration, and noticed slight improvement in rolling precision and control authority.
I use them on my EF 60'' Extra and they made a noticeable difference in the stall transition, control authority, and precision. I've heard that on some planes it makes a big difference and on others it is not very noticeably.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:41 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
RC4x4's Avatar
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,767 Posts
Gonna order one of these up. I notice this one doesn't have the side braces running along the bottom side of the fuse to stiffen it up like the 32'' plane and the new 48'' SBach. Does it need it?



Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:14 AM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4 View Post
Gonna order one of these up. I notice this one doesn't have the side braces running along the bottom side of the fuse to stiffen it up like the 32'' plane and the new 48'' SBach. Does it need it?
Cory
.
Nope... no braces needed on this one... had mine out today, always a pleasure to fly.
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:07 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
RC4x4's Avatar
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
.
Nope... no braces needed on this one... had mine out today, always a pleasure to fly.
.
cdee
.
Cool. Hey Cdee, see that you live in Denver? I live right up in Thornton.
You fly at any of the fields?


Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:30 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4 View Post
Cool. Hey Cdee, see that you live in Denver? I live right up in Thornton.
You fly at any of the fields?


Cory
.
During the week I mostly fly at the local parks in my part of town. Friday and Saturday (late afternoons) a group of us meet at a Soccer Field Complex near I-70 and Colfax. If you ever want to hook up sometime, send me a pm, would be fun to get a Twisted Hobbys crew together here in the Denver/Metro area.
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:01 PM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
RC4x4's Avatar
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
.
During the week I mostly fly at the local parks in my part of town. Friday and Saturday (late afternoons) a group of us meet at a Soccer Field Complex near I-70 and Colfax. If you ever want to hook up sometime, send me a pm, would be fun to get a Twisted Hobbys crew together here in the Denver/Metro area.
.
cdee
.

You fly with Glenn, Brad, and the guys from Action?
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:04 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4 View Post
You fly with Glenn, Brad, and the guys from Action?
yep... friday and saturdays / late afternoon, early evening
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:19 PM
DS will change your life
SpeedsterDEN's Avatar
Danmark, Nordjylland, Sæby
Joined May 2010
1,343 Posts
Sbach

Flying my Sbach indoor in a room at the school.


Indoor flying. Sbach, RC factory. (2 min 18 sec)


Realy like this little plane.

Regards
S
SpeedsterDEN is offline Find More Posts by SpeedsterDEN
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hardcore EP 3D Flyer
VR Eyedoc's Avatar
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2012
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedsterDEN View Post
Flying my Sbach indoor in a room at the school.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhJiBHqg85s

Realy like this little plane.

Regards
S
great video, but I think that's a 32" one, not 39.
VR Eyedoc is offline Find More Posts by VR Eyedoc
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:09 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
RC4x4's Avatar
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Eyedoc View Post
great video, but I think that's a 32" one, not 39.
Yep! Not a 39'' one.
I got dizzy in the beginning of the video.


Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:57 AM
DS will change your life
SpeedsterDEN's Avatar
Danmark, Nordjylland, Sæby
Joined May 2010
1,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4 View Post
Yep! Not a 39'' one.
I got dizzy in the beginning of the video.


Cory
Yes your right, didnt even know that there was a 39"


In Denmark we just have one size..

Sorry for wrong posting.


Regards
S
SpeedsterDEN is offline Find More Posts by SpeedsterDEN
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools