HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2011, 03:12 AM
Addicted
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined May 2010
189 Posts
Discussion
Bantam BC-8 DP problem

I have had this charger now for a couple of months and have started to feel that almost all my batteries have lost power since I started to use this charger. It's like it's not charging them to full capacity.

First incident was with my foamy SU-34 which I run on 4S 4000mah 40C batts. After one min the plane lost power and soon after the ESC cuts off the motor and I thought the ESC/motor burned... This was on a suposed fully charged batt.

After that I have experienced considerably less flight times since I started to use this charger.

I tested to charge the same batteries on my other charger (Turnigy 200W charger) and after that the batteries came back to life!

Any clues? Perhaps the batteries are bad and the BC-8 detects that and cuts off earlier?
Parakos is offline Find More Posts by Parakos
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2011, 05:03 AM
Joined Jan 2004
2,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parakos View Post
I have had this charger now for a couple of months and have started to feel that almost all my batteries have lost power since I started to use this charger. It's like it's not charging them to full capacity.

First incident was with my foamy SU-34 which I run on 4S 4000mah 40C batts. After one min the plane lost power and soon after the ESC cuts off the motor and I thought the ESC/motor burned... This was on a suposed fully charged batt.

After that I have experienced considerably less flight times since I started to use this charger.

I tested to charge the same batteries on my other charger (Turnigy 200W charger) and after that the batteries came back to life!

Any clues? Perhaps the batteries are bad and the BC-8 detects that and cuts off earlier?
Sounds like you are not using the right charge program or have a setting that is not correct, possibly terminating the charge early. Since the BC8DP has many advanced settings that in most cases should be left to the default values, you may want to go to the Setup and do a factory reset. This will reset the charger to factory defaults as well as erase any settings you have set.
RC Accessory is offline Find More Posts by RC Accessory
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 06, 2011, 05:33 AM
Addicted
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined May 2010
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Accessory View Post
Sounds like you are not using the right charge program or have a setting that is not correct, possibly terminating the charge early. Since the BC8DP has many advanced settings that in most cases should be left to the default values, you may want to go to the Setup and do a factory reset. This will reset the charger to factory defaults as well as erase any settings you have set.
Will try the factory reset and see if that helps.
Parakos is offline Find More Posts by Parakos