HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2011, 09:07 PM
Joined Feb 2009
64 Posts
Discussion
Fat Shark Base Goggles with Integrated Wireless Head Tracker???

I've searched the web for info on these glasses and can't seem to find a Fat Shark website. Does anyone know the url?

I found the following info on the ReadyMadeRC website:

The RCV922 BASE is a wired version of the RCV922 headset for use
with FPV base stations. The extra long AV cable allows you freedom to
roam from your base station and is filtered against common RC
frequencies. The RCV922 BASE does not include battery and charger
its designed to be powered off existing power supplies.

The part about the "extra long AV cable" and RCV922 BASE does not include battery and charger" is confusing me.

How are the glasses powered?

Is the video transmitted from the base station to the glasses or do you walk around with an AV cable attached to the glasses?

Thanks in advance!

Fred
ftherrmann is offline Find More Posts by ftherrmann
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2011, 10:45 PM
Don't blame it on me
United States, MN, Wayzata
Joined May 2011
103 Posts
I have the FS base goggles and I must say big picture. But back on subject there is a main plug that goes into the goggles that supplies power video and audio.

When you get it, there will be a blank wire connector with a coaxial power connector on one side which goes to the cable and powers the goggles, the other end of the connector is wire leads for you to solder on a battery connector of your choice.

The video is a male RCA that is on the same end as the power connector.

It all feeds into the goggle through a Futaba mini jack.

Heres a picture that might be useful:

http://www.globeflight.de/bilder/pro...chantennen.jpg

Cheers,
Ugrd
Ugrd is offline Find More Posts by Ugrd
Old Jul 05, 2011, 11:17 PM
Joined Feb 2009
64 Posts
Ugrd,

The picture that you posted looks like a different pair of goggles. The goggles I'm referring to are here:

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...jttf5d2fdsgu13

Thanks,

Fred
Old Jul 05, 2011, 11:34 PM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,558 Posts
The website is http://www.gowiththeshark.com

In another thread one of the guys that works there was explaining that the website was offline because of a regulation by the Chinese government. He said that the government requires all commercial sites to register with them. He further stated that all of the paperwork had been filled out but that it may take some time to get everything squared away but he hoped that the site would be back up soon.

-Mike
Stone1295 is online now Find More Posts by Stone1295
Old Jul 06, 2011, 05:54 AM
Shenzhen, China
Joined May 2007
400 Posts
Website is down until paperwork is processed. Guess if it doesn't get done in next couple weeks, I'll transfer the domain name to another host. Website is also changing to www.fatshark.com
BASE goggles' AV cable has a Y-power splitter to share power with whatever you are powering the external receiver with (2S/3S). The BASE requires that you are tethered to the external receiver via the 3m AV cable.
If using the wireless head tracker, there will be a wireless link from the headset to the Futaba dongle (dongle is powered off the Futaba radio).
-Fat Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftherrmann View Post
I've searched the web for info on these glasses and can't seem to find a Fat Shark website. Does anyone know the url?

I found the following info on the ReadyMadeRC website:

The RCV922 BASE is a wired version of the RCV922 headset for use
with FPV base stations. The extra long AV cable allows you freedom to
roam from your base station and is filtered against common RC
frequencies. The RCV922 BASE does not include battery and charger
its designed to be powered off existing power supplies.

The part about the "extra long AV cable" and RCV922 BASE does not include battery and charger" is confusing me.

How are the glasses powered?

Is the video transmitted from the base station to the glasses or do you walk around with an AV cable attached to the glasses?

Thanks in advance!

Fred
fatshark is offline Find More Posts by fatshark
Old Jul 06, 2011, 11:19 AM
Joined Feb 2009
64 Posts
FatShark Wireless...

FatShark,

"BASE goggles' AV cable has a Y-power splitter to share power with whatever you are powering the external receiver with (2S/3S). The BASE requires that you are tethered to the external receiver via the 3m AV cable.
If using the wireless head tracker, there will be a wireless link from the headset to the Futaba dongle (dongle is powered off the Futaba radio)."

Just to make sure I understand you correctly...

The Goggles still require a wired connection for video and power. The only "wireless" connection is for the built-in head tracker to the Futaba transmitter.

Is this correct?

Will the head tracker work with any Futaba transmitter that has a square trainer connector?

Also from the Youtube video's I've seen it looks like the tile/pan function is only active when you hold the trainer switch. Is this correct?

Thanks again!

Fred
Old Jul 06, 2011, 11:54 AM
Joined Feb 2009
64 Posts
I just looked up my answer about my 9CHP working with the head tracker...

According to the Futaba manual I can inhibit or enable transfer of any of the 8 channels with the trainer switch. So it looks like the 9CHP WILL work with the head tracker...

My guess is that the correct setup would be to inhibit all channels except the two used for pan and tilt. This will be 5 and 6 in my situation since I'm not using retracts.

Only down side is that the trainer switch is a momentary. Guess I'll get out a rubberband and hold it closed. :-)

Fred
Old Jul 06, 2011, 11:57 AM
Don't blame it on me
United States, MN, Wayzata
Joined May 2011
103 Posts
1. Yes and yes

2. I believe, what transmitter do you have?

3. The trainer switch needs to be held for the head tracker. Myself and others use a rubber band to hold it.
Ugrd is offline Find More Posts by Ugrd
Old Jul 06, 2011, 02:50 PM
Joined Feb 2009
64 Posts
[QUOTE=Ugrd;18687738] I believe, what transmitter do you have?

Futaba 9CHP. It's an older 72 mHz radio..