Thanks
Ed
AlPackin is offline Find More Posts by AlPackin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Looks like a rebranded turnigy plush/hobbywing pentium/rctimer 20a programmable/etc.
Short answer: yes
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:38 AM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
1,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Looks like a rebranded turnigy plush/hobbywing pentium/rctimer 20a programmable/etc.
Short answer: yes
That's what I thought. I'll buy them. Thanks TC
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:59 AM
United States, MI
Joined Nov 2003
755 Posts
Question are these also rebranded turnigy/hobbywing
http://montorc.com/DYS40Amp.aspx
Hamanu is online now Find More Posts by Hamanu
Old Jul 04, 2011, 09:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
No that looks differnt, maybe HK-SS or something - the programming card features are same across all turnigy plush/basic line, and that one only supports like 3 programmable things.
Old Jul 04, 2011, 03:55 PM
United States, MI
Joined Nov 2003
755 Posts
Thanks for the info Timecop!!!!!
Hamanu is online now Find More Posts by Hamanu
Old Jul 04, 2011, 04:49 PM
www.joescnc.com
United States, TX, Marion
Joined Jun 2007
720 Posts
they are the same brand that quadroufo sells, he reprograms them also with ppm. don't forget those are not card programmable i believe you need to use transmitter to program them.

Example of the 30a series.
http://www.quadroufo.com/product_inf...r91sf4la2qq2s3
Joecnc2006 is offline Find More Posts by Joecnc2006
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2011, 06:32 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
1,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecnc2006 View Post
they are the same brand that quadroufo sells, he reprograms them also with ppm. don't forget those are not card programmable i believe you need to use transmitter to program them.

Example of the 30a series.
http://www.quadroufo.com/product_inf...r91sf4la2qq2s3
I looked at them too but the quadroufo ESC description says "Timing Auto" which I took to mean NOT really "programmable"

the DYS description says

6. Timing Low / Medium / High, default is Low.
Usually, low timing value can be used for most motors. We recommend the Low timing value for 2 poles motor and Medium timing value for motors with more than 6 poles to get a high efficiency. For higher speed, High timing value can be chosen.

I plan on using them with CC so I want to get an ESC that can handle the high speed input.

I just ordered a Turnigy programming board so I hope it will work.
Last edited by AlPackin; Jul 04, 2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: sp
Old Jul 05, 2011, 05:25 PM
Cedar Rapids, IA
Joined Aug 2010
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPackin View Post
I looked at them too but the quadroufo ESC description says "Timing Auto" which I took to mean NOT really "programmable"

the DYS description says

6. Timing Low / Medium / High, default is Low.
Usually, low timing value can be used for most motors. We recommend the Low timing value for 2 poles motor and Medium timing value for motors with more than 6 poles to get a high efficiency. For higher speed, High timing value can be chosen.

I plan on using them with CC so I want to get an ESC that can handle the high speed input.

I just ordered a Turnigy programming board so I hope it will work.
I ordered 4 of these to replace the 4 50A ESC's I bought from HK which are not programmable. I think it's quite silly for a company who caters to multi-rotor builders to have ESC's that arent programmable in their shop. I will give them a fair chance to work but I do not hold out much hope.
Pavix is offline Find More Posts by Pavix
Old Jul 05, 2011, 05:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Programmable or not might not be its biggest problem, they might be just way too slow response for multirotor. Which could be a combination of motor timing and just general crappiness of firmware. You'll find out when you get it.
Old Jul 05, 2011, 05:38 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,310 Posts
You could try www.valuerc.com. I think they have the ones you are looking for in stock. they are like 13.00 each, same as www.myrcbuild.com, I think he has some too. turnigy and hobbywing, which are the same and programable.
tc3wins is offline Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Jul 05, 2011, 06:02 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
1,037 Posts
Quote:
Programmable or not might not be its biggest problem, they might be just way too slow response for multirotor. Which could be a combination of motor timing and just general crappiness of firmware. You'll find out when you get it.
yeah, I wish I bought 4 instead of 6 ... I just got the email today from HK saying that the Turnigy Plush 18's came in today
Old Jul 05, 2011, 06:10 PM
Cedar Rapids, IA
Joined Aug 2010
59 Posts
Quote:
Are you talking about TurboPWM? Or just slowness in general? I'm not going to be doing anything incredibly acrobatic with my quad so I dont know that I need 400Hz refresh rates
Pavix is offline Find More Posts by Pavix
Old Jul 05, 2011, 06:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
No, I'm talking about the time it takes to actually change RPM once the signal has been given to do so. There's a thread here explaining this kind of stuff in pictures.
Old Jul 05, 2011, 06:46 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
1,037 Posts
Quote:
yeah, programmable wasn't really the point, comparing alleged features to see if it was just another rebranded Turnigy Plush type was