HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2011, 09:16 PM
Puffed Lipo
United States, GA, Temple
Joined Oct 2000
13 Posts
Discussion
Esky Belt CP / CP V2

I am wondering the changes from the Belt CP to the CP V2. Are they completely different animals, or is it just upgraded parts on the same chassis? I am just getting into heli's and got a CP (non-V2) and would like to know a little more about it.

Also, can anyone suggest what servo would be a good replacement for the collective on the Belt CP. It is stripped out. Looks like the stockers are only about $10 from Esky. That seems pretty cheap for a digital servo. This heli was crashed several times by the previous owner.
B200Driver is offline Find More Posts by B200Driver
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2011, 11:56 AM
MD, USA
Joined Oct 2006
227 Posts
I think the main differences are 2.4GHz vs. 72MHz and the ESC is "upgraded". The ESC doesn't last that long in them, so hopefully it's been replaced already. They should fly about the same.

As for the servos, I used TowerPro SG90s in mine and HXT900s should fit as well. The stock servos suck, I'd replace them all now. Stock up on gearsets, they'll strip on the cheap servos above too.
squeky is offline Find More Posts by squeky
Old Jul 05, 2011, 01:38 PM
Puffed Lipo
Joined Oct 2000
13 Posts
Well that is good news! I plan (in due time) to switch it over to 2.4 anyway, so I can use my DX6i to fly it. That 72 mHZ Esky radio is not much. For now I'm looking for an mSR to play with and get me feet a little more wet in the heli game.

I have also heard that the gyro is junk on the Belt. Soooo, I need pretty much all new electronics to make it worth a crap..... Oh well, I could be spending my $$$ on women and booze...

So are most (or all) of the mechanical bits the same on the CP and CP V2?
Old Jul 05, 2011, 03:25 PM
MD, USA
Joined Oct 2006
227 Posts
I'd probably just fly it as is until you wreck it where it's not worth fixing. Then you can take your components and transfer them to a $40 EXI/HK/Tarot Align-compatible frame. The Belt head is pretty sloppy, tail doesn't hold that well, etc--but it's a decent heli to learn some basics (of flying and building) on. Check this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1064754
squeky is offline Find More Posts by squeky
Old Jul 06, 2011, 10:00 AM
Puffed Lipo
Joined Oct 2000
13 Posts
Well, I got this Belt CP used, and it already has a CNC head, tail, and several CF goodies on it. I'm in no hurries to do anything with the bigger helis, but it is nice to know what I have to work with. I also got a Blade 400 in the same deal, and it will be the one I start with when I get ready for CP flying. Meanwhile, I can gather up some bits for these two 400's while I learn. Looks like one of the CCPM servos on the Blade is junk, and the collective servo is stripped on the Belt. I think I will start swapping servos, and leave the tail position vacant on these birds. After I read ALOT more here, I'll spring for a pair of decent TR servos and run the crap stock ones on the main rotor while they last.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 02:24 AM
headslop
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeky View Post
I think the main differences are 2.4GHz vs. As for the servos, I used TowerPro SG90s in mine and HXT900s should fit as well. The stock servos suck, I'd replace them all now. Stock up on gearsets, they'll strip on the cheap servos above too.
Just lost three servo's on Belt CP - found all with bad feedback shaft slop that lost contacts. If it had been gear issue, I could have repaired. Any ideas on a fix for this?
mikeavic is offline Find More Posts by mikeavic