SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:52 AM
Joined Aug 2006
2 Posts
Video
RGB (various color rotor display) graphix rotorblades helicopter night flight

Hi.
I'm sure lot of you already know the Nightgraphix nightflying blades by TobyTetzi.
But when he gave up his business, nearly 2 years ago now, with problems due to the blade manufacturer before, blades were not available anymore and there was hardly a chance to get a rotor display for my helo. Inspirate by this a friend of mine (BOcnc) started to develope an own electronic system.
He said we'll only get something finished if there's a clear target date or milestone. About 5 weeks later, first pair of blades was successfully flying.

First System 06-2010:
BO-View by BOcnc - A Tribute to NightGraphix (8 min 13 sec)

There were still some issues solutions have to be found for, but not bad at that time. In between, till today, KOK has published a new system, the night magic blade and MS-Coposites will have similar night blade as well. But monochrome only and not in that size I need.
This is state of the art now, for us ;-)

Current version 06-2011:
Nachtflug beim Parkfly Rastede (6 min 44 sec)

Both videos at "Parkfly" 2010, 2011 in Rastede, Germany.

Werner (BOcnc) has already postet this vid in
RC Groups > Aircraft - General > Night Flying > Park Nightfly
I think that thread may be used for technical discussion, Q&A etc..

Have fun.
Lufthansi is offline Find More Posts by Lufthansi
Last edited by Lufthansi; Jul 02, 2011 at 10:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2011, 02:31 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Wow - really nice.

A few times there I kind of expected it to turn into the original NCC 1701 USS enterprise.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Jul 06, 2011, 08:15 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had figured-out how to signal the LED's on a rotor-blade fast enough to draw a picture/diagram... I guess I have my answer now. That was really cool.
Copter64 is offline Find More Posts by Copter64
Old Jul 15, 2011, 04:57 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,992 Posts
AWESOME!!!

Thanks for posting

P.S. RCG had a Pumpkin Carving Contest last year for Halloween (31 OCT). If they have it again this year, I don't know if it would qualify, but I think it would be "cool" to submit a video of it flying with the Rotor Blades showing an orange "Pumkin Face".
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Jul 15, 2011 at 05:02 PM.