New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:55 PM
Find More Posts by Andyspins
Future RC Pilot
Joined Jun 2011
16 Posts
Discussion
E-Sky With Windows 7

Hi, my computer runs on windows 7, and I was wondering if there was a way to get E-sky to work on it. I googled it and one person said to go into 'Propterties' then 'Details' then select 'Run In Compatible Mode' and finnaly check the box 'Windows XP'. Another person said to download a file that has a name I don't remember. Do these, or any other ways, work? Thanks.
Andyspins is offline Find More Posts by Andyspins
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2011, 02:23 AM
Find More Posts by slipstick
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
11,260 Posts
I'm guessing that what you call "E-sky" is actually the FMS free simulator, often included with the purchase of a dummy controller from companies like E-Sky. If so then try searching for "FMS Windows 7" and you'll find plenty of information. It boils down to adding a .dll file that Microsoft left out of Win 7 plus various ways of adding a COM port if your computer doesn't have one.

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Jul 01, 2011, 06:04 AM
Find More Posts by Andyspins
Future RC Pilot
Joined Jun 2011
16 Posts
Thanks, but I googled it and came up with alot of different answers, and since I have Windows 7 64 bit, I'm just going to get Desktop RC, then buy a controller seperately.
Andyspins is offline Find More Posts by Andyspins