SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:39 PM
scratch-built
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I have been looking at the Oasis. However there are no videos that I could find. Plus the only review I could find was good but he hadn't flown it yet. Plus with the Super Vyper only being $20 more after shipping I figured I shouldn't take the chance.
Since 3dhs has discontinued the baby O. It looks like the Super Vyper is the way to go.

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:42 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,618 Posts
That Oasis is tempting though. Nice price that's for sure. Looks pretty good too.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:11 PM
¿Por Qué No?
Joined Aug 2011
29 Posts
Esprit wrote today per the 47" Osiris:
We are expecting these mid March.
Thank You
Mike

We were hoping to have them on the 11th when other things were coming, but it looks like they were still in production overseas, so guess is about 4-6 weeks +/-

Sincerely,
ADC Hobby Store
whyrudy is offline Find More Posts by whyrudy
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:18 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,618 Posts
Don't hold your breathe. Obviously it's a 3DHS plane and ADC is just a supplier. If 3DHS is saying they are not coming back then I'd go with that. I guess there is always the possibility whoever answered me at 3DHS didn't know what they were talking about. I doubt it though.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:41 AM
Destructive Tester
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2008
1,342 Posts
NIB 47" Red Osiris

.....never mind, can't find the freakin hardware
jimmy34256 is offline Find More Posts by jimmy34256
Last edited by jimmy34256; Feb 09, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:30 AM
Landings are not optional
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
I have a new in box 47" osiris in blue that I am going to sell. Too many planes, too little time, and I need new tools. It's brand new, I took the fuse out of the plastic once to take pics of the motor box for another forum member. I'm looking for $210 shipped. Figured I'd post here before the classifieds. Please post here AND PM me if you want it.
DeuceTrinal is offline Find More Posts by DeuceTrinal
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:05 PM
Rhodstr
United States, PA, Boalsburg
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Baby Osiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceTrinal View Post
I have a new in box 47" osiris in blue that I am going to sell. Too many planes, too little time, and I need new tools. It's brand new, I took the fuse out of the plastic once to take pics of the motor box for another forum member. I'm looking for $210 shipped. Figured I'd post here before the classifieds. Please post here AND PM me if you want it.
PM sent
hhrhodes is offline Find More Posts by hhrhodes
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:54 PM
Rhodstr
United States, PA, Boalsburg
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Baby Osiris

I'm not sure my message went out the frst time sice I didn't see it in my message folder. New to RCGroups. If this is a repeat sorry.

I am interested in the Baby Osiris. $210 shipped to PA. Do you take Paypal?
hhrhodes is offline Find More Posts by hhrhodes
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:44 PM
Landings are not optional
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
Got a couple of PMs, so it's probably sold. Thanks guys!
DeuceTrinal is offline Find More Posts by DeuceTrinal
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:12 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
337 Posts
That`s bummer...Its a sweet flying plane. That must have been a close out price not a F3A discount..
mazjag is offline Find More Posts by mazjag
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:47 PM
Stone Mountain, GA
Joined May 2007
409 Posts
What are you going to replace it with?

Since 3DHS is discontinuing the 47" Osiris it is time to find and alternative.

What are YOU going to replace it with?
dgfinch is offline Find More Posts by dgfinch
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:02 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
337 Posts
Yeah, the 47" is done. I checked with them today...He said they will do the best they can with parts for the next year or so...The obvious replacement for the 47" is http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/vanquishmkII.html

I`m sure it flys just as good and all the electronics swap over...I think it looks better..He did say they weren`t stopping production on the 62" and its still going.. I wouldn`t be surprised to see 3DHS bring out a low cost 2M F3A plane..Extreme Flight already has one..If you call 650.00 cheap...I guess for a 2 meter it is..
mazjag is offline Find More Posts by mazjag
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:00 PM
Stone Mountain, GA
Joined May 2007
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazjag View Post
Yeah, the 47" is done. I checked with them today...He said they will do the best they can with parts for the next year or so...The obvious replacement for the 47" is http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/vanquishmkII.html

I`m sure it flys just as good and all the electronics swap over...I think it looks better..He did say they weren`t stopping production on the 62" and its still going.. I wouldn`t be surprised to see 3DHS bring out a low cost 2M F3A plane..Extreme Flight already has one..If you call 650.00 cheap...I guess for a 2 meter it is..
'course the Vanquish is out of stock too....
dgfinch is offline Find More Posts by dgfinch
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:27 PM
scratch-built
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
Where have they all gone?

It seems that the trend is towards a little larger pattern ship, Fliton built some very good pattern ships, Light and they flew well. The 30 size Element had a very striking covering job. It's no longer available. The Fliton Prodigy was a little smaller, A 10e size, I retired mine and it's still hanging in the garage. I also retired my Hyperion Helios 10e, 25e, and My Extreme Flight Version 1 Vanquish.

I'm still flying a Super Taiji, 40 (52" WingSpan) and the 62" and 47" Osiris.

There's several Foam Pattern Ships that are available, in the 54" WingSpan range.They won't break the bank either as there're both under $70.00 ea. First there's the Rainbow A388, (one of my flying buddies has one of these) And secondly the Firenza F3A which, to me is just a copy of the RainBow. altho the Firenza is about $8.00 less expensive than the Rainbow. There's also a 50" Sequence which is a decent flying pattern plane. So there are some mid-size pattern planes available.

I was over joyed when 3dhs announced that they were coming out with a smaller pattern plane after the 62" Osiris, I was hoping it would be in the 52" to 54" range, But they went with the 47" Osiris. It's a decent flying pattern plane and I really enjoy flying mine, So I doubt that it will become a hanger Queen anytime soon.

I realize that in the scheme of things, That small or mid size pattern planes arn't a great part of the RC market. Not a lot of profit to be made. So, I commend the company's that have tried to provide a plane that only appeals to a very small part of the RC market. Hopefully, They will continue to do so.

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:50 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post
It seems that the trend is towards a little larger pattern ship, Fliton built some very good pattern ships, Light and they flew well. The 30 size Element had a very striking covering job. It's no longer available. The Fliton Prodigy was a little smaller, A 10e size, I retired mine and it's still hanging in the garage. I also retired my Hyperion Helios 10e, 25e, and My Extreme Flight Version 1 Vanquish.

I'm still flying a Super Taiji, 40 (52" WingSpan) and the 62" and 47" Osiris.

There's several Foam Pattern Ships that are available, in the 54" WingSpan range.They won't break the bank either as there're both under $70.00 ea. First there's the Rainbow A388, (one of my flying buddies has one of these) And secondly the Firenza F3A which, to me is just a copy of the RainBow. altho the Firenza is about $8.00 less expensive than the Rainbow. There's also a 50" Sequence which is a decent flying pattern plane. So there are some mid-size pattern planes available.

I was over joyed when 3dhs announced that they were coming out with a smaller pattern plane after the 62" Osiris, I was hoping it would be in the 52" to 54" range, But they went with the 47" Osiris. It's a decent flying pattern plane and I really enjoy flying mine, So I doubt that it will become a hanger Queen anytime soon.

I realize that in the scheme of things, That small or mid size pattern planes arn't a great part of the RC market. Not a lot of profit to be made. So, I commend the company's that have tried to provide a plane that only appeals to a very small part of the RC market. Hopefully, They will continue to do so.

J
I agree, not a big market, I love my baby O and might get the 62", but you can tell it is a small part of the business, plus they fly so good and land so easy you tend to never crash and thus never need spare parts.

there is the new splendor
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ology-EFL10250
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts