HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:28 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
did they just discoutinue the Osiris? is says on their website not for sale....doesnt say backorder. ha would be my luck after buying one.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:52 PM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Feb 2002
158 Posts
http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/Pattern-Aircraft_c_270.html Works for me
astropuppy is offline Find More Posts by astropuppy
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:08 PM
scratch-built
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
That's what it said, when I clicked on the 47" Osiris, Both the Red and the Blue versions. "Not for sale" The only way to know for sure, Is to send Ben a e-mail at 3DHS Or give him a call.

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:56 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
I don`t think they are discontinued...They had them on sale for 160.00 and I`m pretty sure they are just out of stock...That plane sells pretty well from what I read...I`m not sure Ben is there anymore...Noll is who I have been dealing with lately..Don`t know what the deal is??
mazjag is offline Find More Posts by mazjag
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:13 PM
USA, NJ, West Paterson
Joined Feb 2008
1,265 Posts
ive asked this question before on a different model and "not for sale" doesn't mean discontinued, it sorta means they cant give us an exact date when they are gonna be built and shipped. i think i remember someone saying if they left it saying "back-order" it would allow us to place an order for it, and they didn't want that to happen when they cant give us an eta on the airframes,
that's just my opinion on things
jamesrini is offline Find More Posts by jamesrini
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:53 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazjag View Post
I don`t think they are discontinued...They had them on sale for 160.00 and I`m pretty sure they are just out of stock...That plane sells pretty well from what I read...I`m not sure Ben is there anymore...Noll is who I have been dealing with lately..Don`t know what the deal is??
mazjag,
Why don't you think that Ben is there anymore? He's the owner of 3DHS. Did he sell the business?

J
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:11 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
He made this post on another forum..
http://www.3drcforums.com/content.ph...planation-post

It sounds like he is not there anymore or less involved..All the packages I get say from Noll as well as the emails...Noll is also in the castle creations ad...I don`t really keep up with it as I just need the planes from them who ever is doing it..service is kinda spotty now...Took a week to ship a motor and landing gear..I mean box it and send it, not shipping time..Hell, they all suck...Precision aerobatic just lost 3 sets of wheels of mine...It is what it is...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:28 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
837 Posts
Did you actually READ the text that was posted?

There is NOTHING in there that says he is less involved.

Robert

Quote:
He made this post on another forum..
http://www.3drcforums.com/content.ph...planation-post

It sounds like he is not there anymore or less involved..All the packages I get say from Noll as well as the emails...Noll is also in the castle creations ad...I don`t really keep up with it as I just need the planes from them who ever is doing it..service is kinda spotty now...Took a week to ship a motor and landing gear..I mean box it and send it, not shipping time..Hell, they all suck...Precision aerobatic just lost 3 sets of wheels of mine...It is what it is...
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:34 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Robert, I can read... thanks...Like I said I have no idea, but if you read the first comment someone ask if he is going back to working long hours..Like I said nobody named Ben has helped me, answered a phone, an email or anything...Do you actually know or are you just trying to bust balls?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:16 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
I haven't purchased any planes from 3DHS since I bought my 62" Osiris. I do know that the 3DHS has moved from Texas. But I wasn't aware that Ben isn't as involved in the company as he once was.

Still if someone wants to know about the status of a airplane, They should call or e-mail 3DHS and talk to whoever answers the phone, about it.

I'm still waiting, like many others for the release of the 2m Osiris.

J
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:45 PM
Joined Sep 2011
837 Posts
No I'm not busting balls. I'm just trying to point out that rumors start when there is no basis for it. If you go back and actually read the article it is saying he was working at least 80 hours a week starting out. He travels to China, shows etc. on top of that. I assume based off all their planes I see flying that they are doing pretty "o.k." which would mean he can pass off more work to his employees and work less hours?

I ordered a plane from them on Wednesday. It was shipped the same day and I just got it today.

Why would you expect the owner of a busy company to help you all the time? That is what employees are hired for.

Robert

Quote:
Robert, I can read... thanks...Like I said I have no idea, but if you read the first comment someone ask if he is going back to working long hours..Like I said nobody named Ben has helped me, answered a phone, an email or anything...Do you actually know or are you just trying to bust balls?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:40 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
I could honestly care less either way...So I wouldn`t know anything about rumors. He may still own the company .I know that there is a castle creations ad with Chris Hinson of Extreme flight and Noll Smith of 3dhs and nobody named Ben.. I`m not going back and forth about something so stupid anymore if you don`t mind..Jason
Last edited by mazjag; Dec 18, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:07 PM
¿Por Qué No?
Joined Aug 2011
29 Posts
Esprit and ADC will have them in 3 +/- weeks

Rudy,

At this time we have no ETA of restock of the 47" Osiris. That model may be available elsewhere in the future.

Regards,

3DHS
whyrudy is offline Find More Posts by whyrudy
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Sep 2011
837 Posts
Oh I absolutely don't mind

Robert

Quote:
I could honestly care less either way...So I wouldn`t know anything about rumors. He may still own the company .I know that there is a castle creations ad with Chris Hinson of Extreme flight and Noll Smith of 3dhs and nobody named Ben.. I`m not going back and forth about something so stupid anymore if you don`t mind..Jason
Last edited by kingconsulting; Dec 18, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:39 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,287 Posts
Quote:
The guy who is supposedly Noll in that ad is actually Ben. I don't know why they have Ben in the picture and call him Noll, maybe they need a new editor.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er