HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:43 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2007
128 Posts
Got almost 20 flights on my Osiris 47 now. I notice that I need a fair bit of elevator to hold level flight both on upright (needs up elevator) and inverted (needs down elevator) passes. Does this mean I have the battery/CG too far forward?
Neko is offline Find More Posts by Neko
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:40 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,118 Posts
Yes.
Neil Morse is online now Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:52 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Just picked one of these up from hon1er when I was down in the bay area for the holidays. What is the sweet motor esc setup? I am going to be using 5065mg's and 4s hyperion 2500 packs.

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:02 PM
Registered Plane Abuser
Illinois
Joined Jul 2005
219 Posts
Anyone know when the 47" Osiris is going to be back in stock? Checked everyone I could find that sells them and no one has them, blue or red.
DonJuan is offline Find More Posts by DonJuan
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:54 PM
United States, MA, Medfield
Joined Jul 2010
840 Posts
I see the 47 Osiris Blue is on sale for a buck and a half.

I have the 48" Edge but I spend most of my time trying to do slow rolls and four-point rolls. I'm thinking I really need a pocket pattern ship for what I like to do.

Lot's of Xmas bills coming and I already asked the wife for new ski boots for Xmas. I'm trying to resist the temptation for the 47" Osiris. It's mostly the cost of the gear. If it wasn't for $120 in servos. I'm wondering if some of the no-name carbon gear servos for $7 would cut it.

-l2t
learn2turn is offline Find More Posts by learn2turn
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:17 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
332 Posts
I suppose you could run some cheap servos in it for just sport flying...As far as the motor the best choice seems to be the Omega from 3DHS from simply the stand point it mounts the easiest...The performance is great as well...I always had 3D planes and this thing is just a different deal and I like it..Its just faster, rolls better, and tracks better than a 3D when doing maneuvers ..I think I want a 2M plane at this point..
mazjag is offline Find More Posts by mazjag
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:47 PM
¿Por Qué No?
Joined Aug 2011
29 Posts
Seems I heard the Baby ‘O’ will be in stock in Dec.
The Extreme Flights, Torque motor 2814T/820 and the Airboss 45A Elite ESC w/ BEC (3 amp) is an excellent combo for the 47 Osiris. Fits like it was made for it. I use a 12x6E propeller as well with no issues at all.
whyrudy is offline Find More Posts by whyrudy
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:06 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2007
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
Anyone know when the 47" Osiris is going to be back in stock? Checked everyone I could find that sells them and no one has them, blue or red.
I got a blue one from Esprit at the end of October. Their site said 1 in stock. I guess I should have bought a lottery ticket tonight.
Neko is offline Find More Posts by Neko
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:29 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo View Post
Just picked one of these up from hon1er when I was down in the bay area for the holidays. What is the sweet motor esc setup? I am going to be using 5065mg's and 4s hyperion 2500 packs.

Mendo
it is sweet on a Motrolfly 2815-850 with castle ice 75a on 11x5.5 to 12x6

I love this plane even if I only fly it once in a while, it tracks beautifully, snaps like nobody business and lands by itself
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:34 PM
Registered Plane Abuser
Illinois
Joined Jul 2005
219 Posts
Thanks everyone. I've been told they'll be back in stock in about 4 weeks. Late Christmas gift for me!
DonJuan is offline Find More Posts by DonJuan
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:26 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
it is sweet on a Motrolfly 2815-850 with castle ice 75a on 11x5.5 to 12x6

I love this plane even if I only fly it once in a while, it tracks beautifully, snaps like nobody business and lands by itself
I loved how easy it was to land this plane.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:12 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
i just bought an Osiris pretty excited *fist pumps and high fives all around

anything i should know before maiden? this will be my first "real" plane, my first balsa. was gonna get a 3d plane but thought it would be best i learned precision aerobatics first.

how about landing space? much distance needed to land?
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:39 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,118 Posts
Without knowing what other planes you have flown, it's hard to advise you. But I'm a bit concerned to hear that this will be your first "real" plane. The Osiris is very well-mannered and has no bad habits. However, it's far from a trainer by any means. It goes exactly where you put it, but it moves very fast on 4S and has no tendency to stabilize itself as a high-wing trainer would. Without knowing more about your prior experience, I would advise you to proceed very cautiously on your first flights. If you could have a more experienced pilot trim it out for you and assist you on your first flights, I think that would be a big help.

As far as landing, the Osiris has a nice glide path and is not hard to land (and in fact will land quite easily with power off), but it requires quite a bit of real estate since it is a very low drag airframe and moves fast as previously noted. I would want at least 30 yards of runway to be comfortable. It's not a park flyer.

Good luck. Hope that hellps.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:04 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
well ive only been flying for alil over 3 months but the high wing trainers were gone about 2.5 months ago. ive been flying warbirds, twised hobbys epp 3ds , and a f27q stryker. i have a concrete pad about 100x30 ft. long is usually takeoff and land on.

have a good radio so setup of expo and rates wont be a problem. when i said real plane i meant my first balsa plane.

my buddys that have been flying for years say i fly better than them. ive totally immersed myself with the hobby. if im not working im usually flying, sim'n, or learning about flying.

dont think ill have too much of a problem with the Osiris, but hey i may be wrong. well see lol

just didnt know if theres any "gotchas" with the plane i should know about, or any strengthen and durability mods you guys are doing that i may wanna do before flying.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:28 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,118 Posts
Sounds like you'll be fine. No "gotchas" whatsoever with this plane. Typical 3DHS product.