HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:14 PM
Boulder, co
Joined Oct 2003
16 Posts
My sympathies. I have had a lot of trouble with the big Osiris including one crash.

I think that notched back wing tip design that AJ says improves snaps makes it very subject to tip stalls in unsteady hands. That design is just the opposite of the droops that are added to trainers that makes them more stable.
wozniak is offline Find More Posts by wozniak
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:39 PM
Advocating for RC Aviation
USA, NJ, Phillipsburg
Joined Jul 2010
1,390 Posts
Sorry to hear of the losses and difficulties. There is absolutely nothing wrong with AJ's design however. Tip stalls? Really? Ok, I am sorry to hear that some do not like it, true it is not a high dihedral trainer, but the design is excellent for what it is and for that, it is one of the easiest aerobatic ARFs to fly and land with a very wide flight envelope. Very forgiving, given the capabilities that the Osiris family have. All the best wishes for finding the right model for you and your flying needs. We all lose one now and again, it is the nature of this hobby. Happens to all of us really.
danamania is offline Find More Posts by danamania
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:31 PM
R/C is a SICKNESS
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danamania View Post
Sorry to hear of the losses and difficulties. There is absolutely nothing wrong with AJ's design however. Tip stalls? Really? Ok, I am sorry to hear that some do not like it, true it is not a high dihedral trainer, but the design is excellent for what it is and for that, it is one of the easiest aerobatic ARFs to fly and land with a very wide flight envelope. Very forgiving, given the capabilities that the Osiris family have. All the best wishes for finding the right model for you and your flying needs. We all lose one now and again, it is the nature of this hobby. Happens to all of us really.
Totally Agree, very stable. It’s my easiest plane to land other than my Eflite Apprentice that I have lights on for night flying.
Bad luck…it happens to all of us.
Hope you find the right plane for you...don't give up this hobby is to much fun and you meet some great people too.
Duncandiver is online now Find More Posts by Duncandiver
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:22 PM
Boise, ID
Joined Dec 2008
1,102 Posts
Don't mean to spread any misinformation about this plane, guys. My Aspera flew like an arrow and landed like a kite. That is, yes, it landed about like my Apprentice; very easy. The ONLY reason I crashed it was through dumb thumbs. As I remember it, it might have been a tad more stable than the Osiris, or maybe I was a better flyer that day. I did get to land it a few times before drilling it into the ground upside down.

This bird, I'm sure, must be similar, or better, and yes, probably the best you can buy, for what it is. Just super responsive, in my very short experience. For me, just beyond my abilities.

If I'd just been able to save her, and bring her in, I would probably have changed from low rates to super low rates and upped the exponential, to calm her down a bit and made it handle more like a plane with less control surface.

The 47" Osiris is a great plane. And, not giving up; weather should be good tomorrow too. Going to fly a beautiful Pulse xt40 that I've flown only twice before. Hope I don't crash that one.
tlr-boise is offline Find More Posts by tlr-boise
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:51 PM
Fly Fast!
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
My Osiris is flying awesome! ,its a really stable plane,i was flying mid-to high
rates on the maiden,just measured highrate and i get 27mm,with no expo at all.
Love this thing,better looking ,way faster then my Pulse 60xt with scorpion,rolls way better,and also even lands slower then my Pulse 60..
Im very happy with my Osiris47,sharp looking,and flying plane!!
dbgood is offline Find More Posts by dbgood
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:14 PM
R/C is a SICKNESS
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr-boise View Post
Don't mean to spread any misinformation about this plane, guys. My Aspera flew like an arrow and landed like a kite. That is, yes, it landed about like my Apprentice; very easy. The ONLY reason I crashed it was through dumb thumbs. As I remember it, it might have been a tad more stable than the Osiris, or maybe I was a better flyer that day. I did get to land it a few times before drilling it into the ground upside down.
Truth be told, I like how my Aspera flies just a little better than my Osiris.
Both are great planes.
Duncandiver is online now Find More Posts by Duncandiver
Old May 04, 2012, 10:03 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,227 Posts
I think this is on my list. Right now i have a 41'' edge, 47'' SHP(yet to maiden), and a 51'' slick on the way. This will probably be next, i like the looks of the graceful lines it draws, and having something dedicated to pattern is always good for the thumbs.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old May 06, 2012, 01:26 PM
United States, NV, Mesquite
Joined Oct 2009
29 Posts
Has anyone flown both the 47" Osiris and the 51" Slick? How would you compare them?
I have a 42" Slick that I really like, but I'm not a hard core 3D person. I like a plane that you can really trim well and that you can really land well. We often have a light crosswind plus or minus 5 mph. This site has answered all my other questions, it's great. I thought I would ask this last question before I order an 47" Osiris.

Thank You ... GK
Kresevich is offline Find More Posts by Kresevich
Old May 06, 2012, 01:42 PM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Feb 2002
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr-boise View Post

This bird, I'm sure, must be similar, or better, and yes, probably the best you can buy, for what it is. Just super responsive, in my very short experience. For me, just beyond my abilities.

If I'd just been able to save her, and bring her in, I would probably have changed from low rates to super low rates and upped the exponential, to calm her down a bit and made it handle more like a plane with less control surface.

The 47" Osiris is a great plane. And, not giving up; weather should be good tomorrow too. Going to fly a beautiful Pulse xt40 that I've flown only twice before. Hope I don't crash that one.
I fly one of these in Boise, if you need help with it send me a PM. I got too slow on a landing and mine fell out of the air from 2 or 3 feet other then that no trouble at all. That was pilot error not the plane. I wiggle ailerons and elevator 3/8" each way with 30% expo. I do not use rate switches, but, do not fly 3D. I really like this airplane.
astropuppy is offline Find More Posts by astropuppy
Old May 06, 2012, 11:28 PM
Boise, ID
Joined Dec 2008
1,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astropuppy View Post
I fly one of these in Boise, if you need help with it send me a PM. I got too slow on a landing and mine fell out of the air from 2 or 3 feet other then that no trouble at all. That was pilot error not the plane. I wiggle ailerons and elevator 3/8" each way with 30% expo. I do not use rate switches, but, do not fly 3D. I really like this airplane.
Hey Mike!

I know you! Didn't know you had one of these also.

I don't need help with mine, because it's wrecked. Need any spare parts?

But, seriously, I'd like to watch you fly yours sometime. Robert Sox was only one out there, and watched my maiden flight, and tried to assist and talk me back in, but I couldn't fly it in correctly. Just too overly responsive for my dumb thumbs. And, I momentarily lost orientation in some weird morning light. Sad, but that's the way it went. Thanks for the offer, however.
tlr-boise is offline Find More Posts by tlr-boise
Old May 08, 2012, 08:54 PM
¿Por Qué No?
Joined Aug 2011
29 Posts
¿new batch of 47 Osiris?

I broke my wing tube today – came up short on a landing. The Osiris is easily repaired. Except I prefer to replace the tube and 3D is out of stock. Okay the plane has well over a 100 flights and is banged up. Here’s the question. Do you have to shim the stab on the latest batch of planes or are they as previously built? This plane needed a shim from a playing card. Remarkable flyer this one! Why wait for a tube???
whyrudy is offline Find More Posts by whyrudy
Last edited by whyrudy; May 08, 2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old May 09, 2012, 01:30 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2006
215 Posts
Got a red one on the way. I'm excited
It's going to be outfitted with all the components from my now deceased extra that was in midair.
Ahmed_A is online now Find More Posts by Ahmed_A
Old May 23, 2012, 11:08 AM
¿Por Qué No?
Joined Aug 2011
29 Posts
Hey, I just got my new 'O' 47 to replace my 'yep' warn out one. I have the 48 Vanquish as well BUT prefer the 47 'O', Like a dope I glued the hinges on the rudder before checking and darn it is out of alignment at the top, right on at the bottom. Reminder - they are ARF's after all. So, check before you glue. It's like the measure twice rule. Supper flying plane. If I wear this one out I'll get another. The mid-sized 'O' is on the summer horizon...

Rudy
whyrudy is offline Find More Posts by whyrudy
Old May 30, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Oct 2009
29 Posts
Attn: Greg Beshouri
Greg please check your private messages. I have some questions regarding
the AXI 2820/10.

Thank You ... Gary
Old May 31, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Oct 2009
29 Posts
Greg, thanks for your reply. Thats exactly what I wanted to know!

Thanks again .. Gary