HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:46 PM
R/C is a SICKNESS
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliprob17 View Post
A30-14L = 1.5" from back of can (where X-mount attaches) to front plate (where prop. adapter attaches)
Hi Rob

Can you tell us the size of a Omega 130g from the back of the X mount to the front of the prop adapter PLEASE

Looks to me a Hacker A30- is 2.060 from the back of the X mount to the front of the prop adapter

Thanks Andy
Duncandiver is offline Find More Posts by Duncandiver
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2011, 03:52 PM
scratch-built
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Petersen View Post
How about measuring the length of the motor including the cross mount to the prop adapter (surface the spinner/prop mount to).

Is the Omega 130g shorter than the A30-14L?
The Omega 130g870 IS shorter than the A30-14L. I have both motors. I have the A30-14L in a 48" Vanquish and the Omega 130g870 in a 47" Osiris.

The Omega is a tad bit shorter then the Hacker and that's why I used it in the Osiris. I had no trouble getting the cowl to spinner space with the Omega. I just had to open up the front of the cowl with my Dremel to allow enough clearance for the prop Adapter.

If the motor box was any shorter, One might have a problem getting a proper C/G. Unless you could use a motor that weighed more then the Hacker or Omega.

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:46 AM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncandiver View Post
Hi Rob

Can you tell us the size of a Omega 130g from the back of the X mount to the front of the prop adapter PLEASE

Thanks Andy
out of stock, don't have one to measure
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:50 AM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
....edit
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:39 PM
scratch-built
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
Originally Posted by Duncandiver
Hi Rob

Thanks Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliprob17 View Post
out of stock, don't have one to measure
Since Fliprob17, Doesn't have one to measure, I'll give you the measurements off of my Omega 130g870kv. The distance from the back of the X Mount to the front of the prop Adapter is 45.2438mm or 1.78125 inches which equals 1-25/32 inches. Hope this helps.

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:50 PM
R/C is a SICKNESS
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2009
80 Posts
Thanks Jim

So the Omega 130g is 0.280" or 9/32" shorter than the Hacker A30-. Looks like the Omega is a better fit. I'll the to do some mods this weekend to see how I can make the 2.060" motor fit.

Also thanks Rob for trying...when are you getting stock from 3DHS?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:20 AM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncandiver View Post
Also thanks Rob for trying...when are you getting stock from 3DHS?
potentially next week
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:32 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2008
3,747 Posts
Anyone had any problems with Hitec 65mg's not fitting? i have a friend that is trying to get them to work but he says the mounting holes are too big. Servos don't fit. I have not seen it in person so I am just curious.
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:50 AM
agnotology
Joined Jan 2007
3,653 Posts
The servo mounting holes on mine had to be lengthened slightly for HS65s to fit, they are a tad small for them.

He didn't by chance cut open the wrong hole on the bottom of the wing? There are two openings there that sort of look like servo pockets through the covering. The rear one is just an opening in the wing. The forward one is the servo pocket.

Kevin
kcaldwel is offline Find More Posts by kcaldwel
Last edited by kcaldwel; Sep 21, 2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:14 PM
United States, AZ, Quartzsite
Joined Mar 2002
1,630 Posts
FWIW, be sure to check the formers in the back of the fuselage. Someone must have sat on mine as two of them are cracked. I didn't notice it until I was heat shrinking the covering in that area. Bit of a pain to repair. Anyway just a heads up.
Carl Petersen is offline Find More Posts by Carl Petersen
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:33 PM
Joined Nov 2008
378 Posts
Chris, most likely he removed the covering from the wrong section of opening. i had to take off a little bit wood on all 4 servo openings to fit the HS-65MG's.
flipteg is offline Find More Posts by flipteg
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:52 PM
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
Hi Jim I had a Osiris 47" from 3DHS I am very new to build a plane the problem is the
elevator half they were not level.would you please give me some idea how to fix it.
Thanks

Vic
osamma is offline Find More Posts by osamma
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:00 PM
R/C is a SICKNESS
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2009
80 Posts
Vic ..take a look at begining of the thread. Is this the same problem?
Old Oct 07, 2011, 05:41 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Nov 2010
509 Posts
iv'e never owned a 3dhs plane before, but i was thinking about getting an osiris 47". what is the best power setup and servos? also are there any major problems with the plane or much needed modifications? And, how are the flying characteristics?
ian145 is offline Find More Posts by ian145
Old Oct 07, 2011, 07:06 PM
Certified Wingnut
Delta BC
Joined Jul 2008
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian145 View Post
iv'e never owned a 3dhs plane before, but i was thinking about getting an osiris 47". what is the best power setup and servos? also are there any major problems with the plane or much needed modifications? And, how are the flying characteristics?
Hi Ian.
I got the 47 Osiris about 6 weeks ago. I strongly suggest using the 3DHS recommended power setup. I have the recommended Omega motors in both my 3DHS planes, and I love them. With this being a pattern plane I wanted servos with a really good reputation for centering, so I went with the recommended Hitec 65s (I didn't go with the MGs). Please forgive me for stating this but...this must be your first 3DHS plane if you are asking about major problems or modifications. 3DHS has a first rate reputation for producing great planes out of the box. They do extensive testing prior to releasing each new model. The only mod I've heard of of is adding thin CA to the major stress points (motor box etc). As for the flying characteristics, have a look at Joe Smith's video in post #125. That's what the plane is capable of in the hands of a true expert. I say get it and be prepared for a huge, silly grin on your face for a long long time!
Lance
LanceMc is online now Find More Posts by LanceMc