HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Bajora, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:00 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,603 Posts
Discussion
Round II: Four New Sky Angel Mini Warbirds - F4F, F4U, P40 and P47

Sky Angel has released the next four models in their exciting new series of mini war birds: the F4U Corsair, F4F Wildcat, P-40 Warhawk and P-47 Thunderbolt. If you have yet to hear of these little war birds, take a peek at the thread that covers the release of the initial four models here:

New Series of Mini War Birds from Sky Angel

I have been having a lot of fun flying the original releases: A Rare Bear, T-28, Spitfire and ME109. I seldom head out to fly now without bringing at least one of these wee war birds with me. They come out of the box with a powerful brushless outrunner and 20 amp speed controller already installed. The coolest thing IMO is that you can run either a 3S or 4S on these stock components. They are fast on 3S, and even faster on 4S!! The servos also come pre-installed. All that remains is to install a receiver and battery of your choice. I fly mine on Thunder Power ProPower G4 45C 3S 850s.

These next four releases are very similar in quality to the original four. The Wildat and P-47 are a little unique in that the wing and fuselage come as one piece. The F4U and P-40 require that you glue the wing to the fuselage. The assembly of these things goes almost as fast as they do once in the air.

Here are some studio shots of the next four models. Watch for in-flight photos and HD video, coming soon !!

Thanks Jalin!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bajora; Jun 30, 2011 at 07:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2011, 04:43 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,087 Posts
Aoooh! Nice way to celebrate the 4th! Have a blast (pun intended) and let us know how you really feel about each model
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Jul 06, 2011, 09:10 AM
Brewer, Maine
Joined Aug 2010
139 Posts
Can't wait to see the HD Vids for these products
deuce66 is offline Find More Posts by deuce66
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:55 AM
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Not bad looking little models, just a shame that the grossly out-of-place spinners have been included on the Corsair, Wildcat and Thunderbolt.
yarrumevets is offline Find More Posts by yarrumevets
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:18 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Palos Verdes
Joined May 2012
19 Posts
Where can I buy one???? BH is out of them! Thanks!
qbano55 is offline Find More Posts by qbano55
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:07 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,603 Posts
Hobbyb.com, Toysonics.com and Hobbyking.com carry some of these models.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member