HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 07, 2011, 06:01 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
I'm looking forward to a PZ video of several Pole Cats racing around pylons.
Me too, that will be the selling point|
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2011, 06:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
4,001 Posts
I had sort of pushed this offering aside, but now am thinking seriously of replacing my Sukhoi xp and somewhat interested in what this one turns out like. I am blown away by the Sbach and it gets the most flight time of anything I own, but do use my Sukhoi as acrobatic trainer and think it is one of the best for this. It will do anything and take a beating. But if the pole cat would handle well enough for aerobatic learning, it might be a better trainer than the Sukhoi as I don't think it will be nearly as touchy. Just anxious to see some more video's to see what it will do. I don't judge any of them by Horizon's video, as they have magicians for pilots that can make planes do things that I can't begin to duplicate, so their video's don't relate to real world for me. Those guys could make a brick with a motor do tricks.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:05 AM
Registered User
DaveG's Avatar
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Me too, that will be the selling point|
Yep, although I, too, think they should have at least 2 different color schemes to help sort them out. Maybe that's to come sometime in the future.

It would be pretty cool to see a flock of Pole Cats whipping around pylons.
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:12 AM
RC Logger Support
jlcamp7's Avatar
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,259 Posts
There should definitely the choices of the main color. Like red, blue, purple, green and orange. That would be awesome!

A little number on the wing is definitely going to be too hard to see when racing at that speed.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:33 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
I've been flying lots of circuits with Strykers (80mph+) and trust me, unless you have a collision, it's still really easy to keep track of your plane and not mix it up with others, even if they are the same color. But sure enough, even some plain foam ones would be nice. Nothing like good old sharpies to personalize it!

This is what I think HH should do to drive the sales: Give a rebate for multiple buy!!!

Buy one Pole Cat: $99.99
Buy two Pole Cat: $95.99 each
Buy three Pole Cat or more: $89.99 each

Yes, I know there margin is probably not even that good, but that way, I would be all over my friends so we could do a group purchase and fly circuiits together! Not long after that, there would be tons of video on youtube, and maybe even some racing events here and there.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:49 PM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
I've been flying lots of circuits with Strykers (80mph+) and trust me, unless you have a collision, it's still really easy to keep track of your plane and not mix it up with others, even if they are the same color. But sure enough, even some plain foam ones would be nice. Nothing like good old sharpies to personalize it!

This is what I think HH should do to drive the sales: Give a rebate for multiple buy!!!

Buy one Pole Cat: $99.99
Buy two Pole Cat: $95.99 each
Buy three Pole Cat or more: $89.99 each

Yes, I know there margin is probably not even that good, but that way, I would be all over my friends so we could do a group purchase and fly circuiits together! Not long after that, there would be tons of video on youtube, and maybe even some racing events here and there.
They are already only $88 member price with Free shipping if you buy 2 at wholesale trains... at least for us in the US.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:52 PM
Registered User
Cheese5's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
They are already only $88 member price with Free shipping if you buy 2 at wholesale trains... at least for us in the US.
Is wholesale trains a good website to buy from? The prices are cheap, but I've read somewhere that the website is not a good place to buy from.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:53 PM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
flashkick's Avatar
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
i've bought from them and couldn't have been happier. everything was nice and came pretty quickly.
flashkick is offline Find More Posts by flashkick
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:56 PM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
Is wholesale trains a good website to buy from? The prices are cheap, but I've read somewhere that the website is not a good place to buy from.
I bought a DX8 with 2 AR8000's and Telemetry for $365 and it arrived in less than a week.

If you aren't in the US, their shipping prices can be very high. If you buy at least $150 and live in the US, shipping is free, and there is only a $2 handling fee.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2011, 10:12 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
^^ +1 what he said

I've purchased from them as well 6 months ago and look forward to doing so again in the future. I bought 2 P47 airframe only kits and got the free shipping... had them at the house 8 days later... saved $50 on the purchase with wholesaletrains





Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
I bought a DX8 with 2 AR8000's and Telemetry for $365 and it arrived in less than a week.

If you aren't in the US, their shipping prices can be very high. If you buy at least $150 and live in the US, shipping is free, and there is only a $2 handling fee.
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2011, 10:52 PM
Registered User
Cheese5's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
I bought a DX8 with 2 AR8000's and Telemetry for $365 and it arrived in less than a week.

If you aren't in the US, their shipping prices can be very high. If you buy at least $150 and live in the US, shipping is free, and there is only a $2 handling fee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
^^ +1 what he said

I've purchased from them as well 6 months ago and look forward to doing so again in the future. I bought 2 P47 airframe only kits and got the free shipping... had them at the house 8 days later... saved $50 on the purchase with wholesaletrains
Oh that's good. Since parts there are cheaper than stock. Next orders of parts will come from there then.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2011, 11:07 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
420 Posts
Still waiting for the video...
PepeM is offline Find More Posts by PepeM
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2011, 11:15 PM
Registered User
Cheese5's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
I bought a DX8 with 2 AR8000's and Telemetry for $365 and it arrived in less than a week.

If you aren't in the US, their shipping prices can be very high. If you buy at least $150 and live in the US, shipping is free, and there is only a $2 handling fee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
^^ +1 what he said

I've purchased from them as well 6 months ago and look forward to doing so again in the future. I bought 2 P47 airframe only kits and got the free shipping... had them at the house 8 days later... saved $50 on the purchase with wholesaletrains
Oh yeah, one more thing, is the buyer's club thing true? Seems too good to be true (internet these days ) For ex: the micro corsair is only $98.99!!! and the Sbach BNF is only $144!!!
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2011, 12:18 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
I just recall their prices were a tad cheaper then the cheapest I was finding (for the P47)... like $25 cheaper... so on a 2 airframe purchase it saved me $50 plus any shipping...

as far as the buyers club being true or not, maybe someone else can chime in here but it sounds/looks like it might be true, though I only dropped $153 on the purchase I made... but according to their info, if I spend another $50+ the price might drop a little more, but it doesn't say how much more...

here's a link from their site about the buyers club dealio:

http://www.wholesaletrains.com/loginhelp.html

"The normal requirement is a past purchase history totaling a minimum of $200.00. (not included taxes or freight)
If you have purchased $200.00 worth of merchandise with us in the past just log in as shown below and claim your savings."


I can tell you I will be looking into it again in a few weeks if/when the ParkZone Micro PoleCat is ever released




Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
Oh yeah, one more thing, is the buyer's club thing true? Seems too good to be true (internet these days ) For ex: the micro corsair is only $98.99!!! and the Sbach BNF is only $144!!!
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Last edited by HuffDaddy; Jul 08, 2011 at 12:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2011, 11:12 AM
Registered User
Cheese5's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
I just recall their prices were a tad cheaper then the cheapest I was finding (for the P47)... like $25 cheaper... so on a 2 airframe purchase it saved me $50 plus any shipping...

as far as the buyers club being true or not, maybe someone else can chime in here but it sounds/looks like it might be true, though I only dropped $153 on the purchase I made... but according to their info, if I spend another $50+ the price might drop a little more, but it doesn't say how much more...

here's a link from their site about the buyers club dealio:

http://www.wholesaletrains.com/loginhelp.html

"The normal requirement is a past purchase history totaling a minimum of $200.00. (not included taxes or freight)
If you have purchased $200.00 worth of merchandise with us in the past just log in as shown below and claim your savings."


I can tell you I will be looking into it again in a few weeks if/when the ParkZone Micro PoleCat is ever released
Huffdaddy, theres a trick for that. Click on "Click here to join free!" and that will take you to this website:http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?ID=5355 Follow the information and it will give you free member ship (by adding the "product" into your cart and checking out, you are part of the club with no charge!) That's what I did and the parts are so much cheaper! So I don't know....."There's no free lunch"..... could this be true?

About how much is shipping for the $144 Sbach there(discounted)?
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ultra micro pole cat CaptDH Micro Ready-to-Fly 13 Jul 18, 2011 12:23 PM
Discussion Park Zone Ultra Micro T-28 Battery Upgrade? itsme2 Electric Plane Talk 4 Jun 30, 2011 12:47 PM
Found any Park Zone micro guts kino-schmid Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jun 30, 2011 12:18 PM
Found Park zone/e-flite ultra micros kino-schmid Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 17, 2011 03:15 PM
Sold B&F J-3 Ultra Micro Cub By: Park Zone Jolly Roger1 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Jun 16, 2011 05:42 AM