Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 06, 2011, 12:49 PM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,235 Posts
This guy flies awesome. I bet with a 5043 prop with some hyperion's would really wake it up even more! Flies inverted great it seems as well. Does some outside loops pretty good too!
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2011, 01:24 PM
Registered User
tamiyafan1975's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
661 Posts
Wow I think this will be a great additon to the hangar. Can't wait to start some racing!
tamiyafan1975 is offline Find More Posts by tamiyafan1975
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2011, 01:36 PM
Registered User
DoomsDay's Avatar
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,014 Posts
I really question the timing of this plane. Eflight just put out the sbach which to be honest, just from the video shown here, its going to blow the pole cat out of the water. It does look like a fun little plane, I wont deny that, and heck I may even buy one of them to lol. I guess this is the brushed alternative with a lower price tag for those that cant justify 170 bucks for a UM plane? Maybe eflight or parkzone can explain the differences and why someone would want this over the sbach? I would be interested in reading that.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2011, 01:42 PM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
I really question the timing of this plane. Eflight just put out the sbach which to be honest, just from the video shown here, its going to blow the pole cat out of the water. It does look like a fun little plane, I wont deny that, and heck I may even buy one of them to lol. I guess this is the brushed alternative with a lower price tag for those that cant justify 170 bucks for a UM plane? Maybe eflight or parkzone can explain the differences and why someone would want this over the sbach? I would be interested in reading that.
It isn't the same plane....Not an sbach. Looks to me the flight characteristics aren't the same. The sbach requires lots of space and is much faster.
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2011, 01:42 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
I really question the timing of this plane. Eflight just put out the sbach which to be honest, just from the video shown here, its going to blow the pole cat out of the water. It does look like a fun little plane, I wont deny that, and heck I may even buy one of them to lol. I guess this is the brushed alternative with a lower price tag for those that cant justify 170 bucks for a UM plane? Maybe eflight or parkzone can explain the differences and why someone would want this over the sbach? I would be interested in reading that.
Yeah, the Sbach will blow this outta the water... but I may just buy one cause it is cheap for travelin!
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2011, 01:43 PM
Registered User
tamiyafan1975's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
661 Posts
I think it's pretty simple. There are a lot of people just getting into micros and 4 channel planes. They might have a T28 or something and are looking for the next step. The pole cat would be that. They also might not be ready to drop $170 on the Sbach. $99 is a great standard UM price.

You also have people like me who just want nearly all the micros I have the Sbach and love it but I'll get the pole cat too. More relaxing than the Sbach but more aggressive than a Trojan or Mustang.
tamiyafan1975 is offline Find More Posts by tamiyafan1975
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2011, 02:39 PM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
flashkick's Avatar
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
i don't have any of the brushless um and i don't plan on getting any of them. i like the small 1s brushed planes and will very likely get this one.
flashkick is offline Find More Posts by flashkick
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2011, 03:51 PM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
769 Posts
it comes down to the fact that i have the sukhoi and a blade msr. so i now how about 10 batteries and a 4 port charger. id rather buy this little racer and add it to the fleet and buy another size of lipos and a new charger ect. its just convenient with this style of micro.
all hail the 1cells!
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2011, 04:39 PM
never missed a crash site
Joined Jul 2011
3 Posts
I preordered the pole cat yesterday, and now I wait till the price on the sbach comes down!!! I bought the beast early before they lowered the price. Fool me twice I don't think so. On a different note I have the 26xp also and in the middle of a snap roll the rudder went dead, landed no problem (kinda crabby) come to find out the linkage seperated at the servo. Little glue good as new but i had to open her up.
azdrtdog is offline Find More Posts by azdrtdog
Last edited by azdrtdog; Jul 06, 2011 at 04:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2011, 06:33 PM
Registered User
DoomsDay's Avatar
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
It isn't the same plane....Not an sbach. Looks to me the flight characteristics aren't the same. The sbach requires lots of space and is much faster.
True, its not an sbach but it pretty much appears to be a pattern plane, same as what the sbach is. From the responses it looks like I may have ruffled a few feathers here and it really wasn't my intent. I was just questioning the timing of this release so close to the sbach being released.

I guess it was pretty much a stupid question because in my thinking, you already have the sukhoi xp so why another of nearly the same performance. I am a serious xp lover and just couldn't see the reason to have another plane so similar. But that again just shows, what one man thinks is treasure, doesn't mean another will think the same. I apologize if I stepped on any ones toes, It really wasn't meant like that.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2011, 07:09 PM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
True, its not an sbach but it pretty much appears to be a pattern plane, same as what the sbach is. From the responses it looks like I may have ruffled a few feathers here and it really wasn't my intent. I was just questioning the timing of this release so close to the sbach being released.

I guess it was pretty much a stupid question because in my thinking, you already have the sukhoi xp so why another of nearly the same performance. I am a serious xp lover and just couldn't see the reason to have another plane so similar. But that again just shows, what one man thinks is treasure, doesn't mean another will think the same. I apologize if I stepped on any ones toes, It really wasn't meant like that.
I know you didn't mean it like that I personally don't own the xp, so this will be new to me. I had only 2 flights on my sbach, when it failed (servo), or pilot error. I sent it back. Looks like the ailerons aren't near is big on the pole cat.
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2011, 07:19 PM
Registered User
DaveG's Avatar
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
I'm looking forward to a PZ video of several Pole Cats racing around pylons.
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2011, 07:59 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
ridgewalker's Avatar
Joined Aug 2008
4,855 Posts
Would be nice if they could sell they blank,without paint.
Then we could paint them each different colors.
Might be tough to see a little number placard when it's buzzing by!..lol


Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2011, 09:01 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
3,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris View Post
it comes down to the fact that i have the sukhoi and a blade msr. so i now how about 10 batteries and a 4 port charger. id rather buy this little racer and add it to the fleet and buy another size of lipos and a new charger ect. its just convenient with this style of micro.
all hail the 1cells!
I understand where you're coming from, but I use the same batteries in my Sbach and Beast as I do in my Sukhoi, T28, etc. So if you really would like to have one of these, don't hold back because of batteries. It just takes a series cable and you're ready to go. They come with a decent charger for the 2 cells too.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2011, 01:12 AM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I understand where you're coming from, but I use the same batteries in my Sbach and Beast as I do in my Sukhoi, T28, etc. So if you really would like to have one of these, don't hold back because of batteries. It just takes a series cable and you're ready to go. They come with a decent charger for the 2 cells too.
that i did not know.
right then.... thats opened up my hangar a little
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ultra micro pole cat CaptDH Micro Ready-to-Fly 13 Jul 18, 2011 12:23 PM
Discussion Park Zone Ultra Micro T-28 Battery Upgrade? itsme2 Electric Plane Talk 4 Jun 30, 2011 12:47 PM
Found any Park Zone micro guts kino-schmid Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jun 30, 2011 12:18 PM
Found Park zone/e-flite ultra micros kino-schmid Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 17, 2011 03:15 PM
Sold B&F J-3 Ultra Micro Cub By: Park Zone Jolly Roger1 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Jun 16, 2011 05:42 AM