Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 07, 2011, 05:47 PM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jul 2011
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
He's international, so it might not be as cheap.
yeah thats what I thought too, but ebay might have some deals.
vivcal is offline Find More Posts by vivcal
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2011, 09:29 PM
Joined Jul 2011
410 Posts
Okay, So I went flying today(my 3rd flight). During my 2nd flight, My Pole Cat just stopped responding to any input on the tx (no aileron, elevator, rudder or throttle) suddenly during a flight, and it just nosedived to the ground. I thought this was because of my tx, but it isn't. This happened many times today too, I just suddenly lost control of the plane during flight, and it nosedived, causing damage to the nose and tail of the plane.

Is it my reciever?
Should I call HH product support?

Thanks in advance,
Vivcal
Old Oct 08, 2011, 09:53 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,837 Posts
First thing I would check is my lipos. I had a micro dive in when a lipo had its voltage go so low that the receiver stopped functioning. I tossed that lipo. You can try lowering the throttle to idle and see if you regain control. Ensure that your lipos are getting a full charge. Also check the charge of the transmitter. If all of these things are okay contact Horizon for advice/help.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:36 AM
Joined Jul 2011
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
First thing I would check is my lipos. I had a micro dive in when a lipo had its voltage go so low that the receiver stopped functioning. I tossed that lipo. You can try lowering the throttle to idle and see if you regain control. Ensure that your lipos are getting a full charge. Also check the charge of the transmitter. If all of these things are okay contact Horizon for advice/help.
Gary
yup, my lipos were fully charged, and this has happened with all of my lipos, so I doubt that's the reason. And yes, I did try lowering the throttle to idle and I still had no control, my plane just plummeted. I am just about to call Horizon, and I hope they have a solution for me, because I am absolutely in love with this plane.

thanks anyways,
Vivcal
Old Oct 08, 2011, 07:04 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,837 Posts
Vivcal,
Do you have the means to check your lipo charging circuit? If it is happening with all of your lipos the charger could be suspect. You did not mention what you are using for a charger.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Oct 08, 2011, 09:01 PM
AMA 1042906
United States, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2008
1,133 Posts
Vivcal,

What is your full charge voltage read with a voltmeter?

Allan
swimmer is offline Find More Posts by swimmer
Old Oct 09, 2011, 01:57 AM
Joined Jul 2011
410 Posts
Oh, I'm using a stock charger, and I've charged my batteries with all 3 of my stock chargers. Unfortunately, my voltmeter broke a few weeks ago, and I haven't had time to replace it.
These batteries work fine with my Champ, and I range tested my polecat vs my Champ, and there is definitely an issue with the Polecat. So its pretty much narrowed down to the reciever IMO.
BTW, HH is sending me a new AR6400, and it ships out only on October 14th, so if I find a solution before then, I can cancel the order.
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:56 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Got two more flights on my polecat. Getting very comfortable with it, as far as aerobatics go. I also really enjoy the slow flying and touch n goes :-) Hope you are all enjoying it as much as I! now just need a way to light it up because I seem to be flying it alot at sundown right after work when the wind dies down to nothing. All the people passing by seem to love the the plane too. Looks stellar and can fly so smooth.
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Oct 10, 2011, 04:37 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,459 Posts
Add mind to the pile

I got 3-4 flights outdoors about a week ago and then took the Pole Cat indoors wednesday night. it was flying good and i was having fun, not doing anything too dramatic, just getting a feel for it in the small space. Suddenly it rolled over and dove for the floor and bounced. When I picked it up the rudder was a full deflection. I unplugged and replugged the battery, tried a fresh battery, no joy. Today I finally got time to open it up and I rolled the servo gear to recenter the servo manually with the power off. plug a fresh battery in, and the rudder immediately goes to full deflection. Motor runs, other servos are fine, just a fully deflected rudder. I am waiting a call back from Horizon support now as I write this. Depending on what they want to do, I figure I can swap in one of my decommissioned 4-Site bricks to get back in the air. Very strange that it's all these rudder servos. Almost seems like there is a bad trace on the PCB for the brick and it burns/vibrates open after a while.
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:14 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,052 Posts
haha love this little zippy plane. I am fairly new to the hobby, but grew bored of the high wing planes real fast. This is my first aileron plane (well 1st in 28 years). Programmed DX6i with expo and limited travel. My maiden lasted about 10 seconds. Digger. The 2nd flight lasted about 10 seconds. hehe uh oh tail fin busted off.

So I went home and flew the sim for about an hour of flying with various aerobatic planes. Extra, Edge, biplanes. Then went out anew to fly the polecat again. Flew it beautifully till the battery died. Then another battery. Love the speed. rolls, loops, immelmans, the lot.

As for these parkzone planes suddenly stopping&dropping: I find they don't like running WOT for more than 20 seconds or so. They run fine at 50%-80% for me (I have 3 PZ micro planes). Would be nice to have one with electrics made to a higher standard though.
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:13 AM
Joined Jul 2011
410 Posts
I usually don't fly at WOT at all, so I'm quite surprised at why my bird should do that, but I'm expecting a UPS delivery with my replacement AR6400L any time this week or early next week.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:02 AM
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Jun 2011
144 Posts
mine had a bad brick, first few flights wents fine, but around the 4th it started losing bind. called horizon about it and they sent me a new brick, havent had any issues since (aside from destroying the tail on a goal post....just got my replacement parts, lol)
fwa2500 is offline Find More Posts by fwa2500
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:10 AM
Super Man's cousin! No cape!
Australia, New South Wales, Wangi Wangi
Joined Sep 2010
479 Posts
Finally, did a flat spin. Took me a week to do it though. Was insane once I did it!
Ultra_Spitfire is offline Find More Posts by Ultra_Spitfire
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:10 AM
Super Man's cousin! No cape!
Australia, New South Wales, Wangi Wangi
Joined Sep 2010
479 Posts
A week to learn it
completely different to my 300.
Ultra_Spitfire is offline Find More Posts by Ultra_Spitfire
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:34 PM
Joined Oct 2011
416 Posts
The RTF transmitter must NOT be pointed at the airplane or radio contact is lost when far away. Point the transmitter to one side a little so its antenna is parallel to the antenna on the airplane.

I had two bricks lock the rudder servo to one side. It is caused by the motor nicking the two rear pcb printed wires in a nosedive or when the motor gearbox comes loose. One brick also had the LED disconnected. I cut one wire to the servo and the Polecat flies like new (the rudder didn't do much anyway, it just made it fly a little sideways like a crab).
Audioguru is offline Find More Posts by Audioguru