HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:46 PM
RC keeps me sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPlay View Post
I am seriously considering getting a Polecat. It looks like it really flies well, but it doesn't seem to get much notice.
Has anyone tried SFG's on it? I'd be tempted to cut off the wing tips and attach them with Velcro.
Get one, you won't regret it. It's the top of the line UM brushed motor airplane. It blows away all other brushed UM's. This plane is stable, agile, fast and flies great slow also. My other UM's are the Sbach and Beast. Believe it or not if you're not too critical the Cat is just a few notches below those planes in overall capability. For a 100 bucks you can't go wrong for a sporty aerobatic UM. This is only my 2 cents as I like my PCat, Beast & Sbach and they are all fantastic in their own distinctive ways.
microDan is online now Find More Posts by microDan
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:04 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
+1 for the polecat in my book, having a blast with it. And its worthy of hanging in my house because it looks so cool.

Lost landing gear update:

Horizon just shipped out the replacement landing gear. Still think its odd its missing the gear, can anyone tell me if they come attatched out of the box? I'm sure they do which means they were just overlooked, or someone took them off at amainhobbies.

Anyways was hassal free to get a new pair, no questions asked just said ok the gear is on its way! Thanks HH, and thanks x10 for the sweet ultra micro
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:07 PM
Australia, QLD, Redland Bay
Joined Oct 2006
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPlay View Post
I am seriously considering getting a Polecat. It looks like it really flies well, but it doesn't seem to get much notice.
Has anyone tried SFG's on it? I'd be tempted to cut off the wing tips and attach them with Velcro.
SFGs? What are these?
citivolus is offline Find More Posts by citivolus
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:04 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
SFGs? What are these?
side force generators

The Depron "vertical stabilizers" that mount on the wings of an S-bach or Extra 300 3D
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:54 PM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jul 2011
410 Posts
WOW, the polecat's fuselage and body are EXTREMELY sturdy, and I've had a few crashes in which I'm quite sure most of the other UM series planes would have been totaled.
Only few complaints so far is that the rudder, elevator, spinner and the wheel pants are quite flimsy. I've cracked the rudder 3 times already, and the elevator once :P(all held together with hold the foam glue and gorilla glue). My spinner is quite banged, and my wheel pants are off the landing gear. But otherwise, this thing is an absolute J-O-Y to fly.
I have my eyes on the Nitroplanes - airfield 800mm series next. They seem like a good deal, especially their T-28. Anyone tried them??
vivcal is offline Find More Posts by vivcal
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:15 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivcal View Post
WOW, the polecat's fuselage and body are EXTREMELY sturdy, and I've had a few crashes in which I'm quite sure most of the other UM series planes would have been totaled.
Only few complaints so far is that the rudder, elevator, spinner and the wheel pants are quite flimsy. I've cracked the rudder 3 times already, and the elevator once :P(all held together with hold the foam glue and gorilla glue). My spinner is quite banged, and my wheel pants are off the landing gear. But otherwise, this thing is an absolute J-O-Y to fly.
I have my eyes on the Nitroplanes - airfield 800mm series next. They seem like a good deal, especially their T-28. Anyone tried them??
Yes alot of threads on them in the parkflyer / electric planes forums. Nice looking planes & price.

All of these UMs are quite flimsy from having to be so lightweight. Atleast the spare wings / parts are cheap enough, and kind of fun to replace!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 04:31 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
• Winds: South Winds 30 To 40 Mph With Gusts To 65 Mph Near
Beaches And Headlands. Gusts To 50 To 55 Mph In Coastal
Communities.

Going to take my polecat out for a spin
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:42 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
ē Winds: South Winds 30 To 40 Mph With Gusts To 65 Mph Near
Communities.

$5 says it blows backward once it leaves your hand even though it's at full throttle
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:52 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,397 Posts
Anybody guide me to the thread where a small out runner and 6amp esc was transplanted into one?
ApexAero is online now Find More Posts by ApexAero
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:41 PM
Joined Mar 2010
40 Posts
Hey im getting my second airplane, started with the champ was gunna get the um t-28 this weekend but this plane looks sick, would this plane be a good next step from the champ, i do have my pilots lic so i know how to fly just need to learn from being on the ground not sitting in the seat haha, thanks for the help
thabreit is offline Find More Posts by thabreit
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:14 AM
RC keeps me sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thabreit View Post
Hey im getting my second airplane, started with the champ was gunna get the um t-28 this weekend but this plane looks sick, would this plane be a good next step from the champ, i do have my pilots lic so i know how to fly just need to learn from being on the ground not sitting in the seat haha, thanks for the help
The UM T-28 would be the proper progression, but as long as you have a computer radio.... you could tame the Cat with dual rates and expo.
The Cat is the fastest of the UM brushed class. It flies very agile and needs to be flown, it has no self correcting flight like a high wing plane.
I can fly the Cat, Beast and Sbach because I could fly the T-28 with my eyes closed. The Cat was a real surprize as to what a fast aerobatic plane was compared to the T-28. This RC flight hobby is not one of instant gratification, it is one of progression or just be ready to get caught off guard and crash planes. Gravity will say I told ya' so.....
microDan is online now Find More Posts by microDan
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:22 AM
McCarthy, Alaska
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
ē Winds: South Winds 30 To 40 Mph With Gusts To 65 Mph Near
Communities.

SPIN is likely the correct word!
WSEN is offline Find More Posts by WSEN
Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:24 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thabreit View Post
We always ask pilots how many hours they logged from the Tower
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:20 PM
Joined Mar 2010
40 Posts
Alright t28 it is then polecat thanks guys for the help, and coreman do u work in the tower what facility do u work at ?
thabreit is offline Find More Posts by thabreit
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:29 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
Anybody guide me to the thread where a small out runner and 6amp esc was transplanted into one?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1486653
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane