HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2011, 06:31 PM
Joined Jul 2006
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
hey all you Pole Cat pilots.... knife edges... how does she KE for you all?
To less rudder authority for KE.
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2011, 06:48 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microheli View Post
To less rudder authority for KE.
Really!? The Pole Cat isn't capable of doing knife Edges? I haven't really tried yet but I just assumed it should be able to pull em' off. Hmmm...

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Sep 04, 2011, 06:52 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,117 Posts
buuuuwaaahaaahaaa
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Sep 04, 2011, 11:33 PM
Full size pilot
USA, WA, Bellingham
Joined Dec 2009
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
Really!? The Pole Cat isn't capable of doing knife Edges? I haven't really tried yet but I just assumed it should be able to pull em' off. Hmmm...

-B

If you move the rudder control horn to the furthest inward location she knife edges awesome!
rx7weee is offline Find More Posts by rx7weee
Old Sep 05, 2011, 12:00 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,117 Posts
I do declare, there is an echo in here <snicker>
(post #855)
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Sep 05, 2011, 09:57 AM
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7weee View Post
If you move the rudder control horn to the furthest inward location she knife edges awesome!
On the UM planes , when you move the wire to another hole in the horns .......
do you remove something , or just bend things around and wiggle things till you achieve the change ?

Thanks
wattman is online now Find More Posts by wattman
Old Sep 05, 2011, 10:17 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattman View Post
On the UM planes , when you move the wire to another hole in the horns .......
do you remove something , or just bend things around and wiggle things till you achieve the change ?

Thanks
Bend the horn, they are relatively flexible. After you do that a few time though, if you crash, they pop out easily, so after even a small crash, check your horns (it's a good thing to do anyway), because you don't want to fly with one horn loose!
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Sep 05, 2011, 10:26 AM
Joined Jul 2006
563 Posts
Quote:
I do this on every plane but it's help not. Still to less rudder for KE.
I believe she can KE with a brushless setup because of the higher speed but not with stock components.
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli
Old Sep 06, 2011, 10:18 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Aug 2011
148 Posts
coincidentally I just logged in to see if anyone else was able to do knife edges with the polecat (as I've been unable to with max rudder), bummer

honestly if not for the inability to do ke's she's just about the perfect beginner/intermediate plane

as someone who is fairly new to the hobby, the polecat is perfect for practicing inverted flight, touch and goes, rolls, loops etc, but no ke's makes me sad.

edit: also might add I love the pc overall, have had two bad crashes, one slalom into the side of a light pole :_;, and once losing my orientation and pulling straight into the ground, but she's so light that a little boiling water has brought her back to pristine condition every time (with the exception of a little missing paint)
Aekero is offline Find More Posts by Aekero
Last edited by Aekero; Sep 06, 2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 09:05 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Awesome!!! I've been kinda bummed at its KE performance! So glad I found this thread!!! Thanks!!!
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Sep 07, 2011, 12:19 AM
Joined Jul 2009
313 Posts
Mine will knife edge for days, almost has enough authority to KE loop.

But mine is far from stock
mitsudriver274 is offline Find More Posts by mitsudriver274
Old Sep 07, 2011, 09:43 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsudriver274 View Post
Mine will knife edge for days, almost has enough authority to KE loop.

But mine is far from stock
What did you do to it? I'd like more powah!!!
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:25 AM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Aug 2011
697 Posts
HELP! Had a very weird experience this morning with my beloved Polekitty. I suspect it's due to flight battery LVC, but wonder if this has happened to anybody else.

Had a super flying session with several smooth landings. After final landing, I turned her around and started taxiing her back. Suddenly, the throttle didn't work...no engine response. I backed the stick to "power off" position. Then the motor came on almost WOT. She took off and flew up @ 3' altitude and right into the front of my Jeep Wrangler, and then fell to the street. Then she took off again.

I turned the DX7 tx off and her motor stopped. Not wanting her to crash into the street and get more damage, I turned the tx on again and she powered up and climbed to @ 10' altitude. When she got over the grass/weeds, I turned the tx off and she came down softly in tall grass. No damage except for a crinkled spinner and small creases on her right front fuse. Spinner will need replacing just for looks, but most crinkles and all fuse creases later smoothed out under hot water.

I took her back to the Jeep, held her tightly in my hand, and turned the tx on again...same result...almost WOT. On a hunch, I turned the tx off and replaced her Hyperion 160 battery with another. When I turned the tx on and plugged the next Hyp in, she responded normally. Then set her down on the street, took her off and had several more wonderful flights and normal grease-in landings. Next flew my UMX Beast with the same DX7...wonderful flight with it and no control problems.

Question: Could this be an effect of LVC on the Hyperion 160? Never had it happen before. Flight time was a bit longer this am because it's cooler today...maybe 4-5 minutes, but I heard no motor pulsing and felt no diminished power yet on the last flight.

Tx throttle trim is set to the middle and has never caused the motors to run when in "off" position before, so I don't think it was the tx. And since she flew normally with another battery, I'm not thinking it was her brick. She has never crashed ('till today!) or had hard landings (wheel panties are still intact...even after this one!).

Any thoughts? Anybody experienced this with Hyperion 160's? I've read that they hold a strong power line until they do hit LVC. But since I've not hit LVC with one yet, I don't know. Is this what to expect?

Thanks!
shepflyr is offline Find More Posts by shepflyr
Old Sep 08, 2011, 08:43 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
um idk dude
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane