HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2011, 05:25 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
i haven't taped mine either and they have withstood ( is that word lol) about 6 crashes with no damage

Wolfe
wolfewinde is offline Find More Posts by wolfewinde
Last edited by wolfewinde; Aug 15, 2011 at 05:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2011, 02:41 PM
Joined Jul 2011
56 Posts
K polecat #3 arrived today it took a bit longer to get than epected but apparently I missed first delivery attempt but they left nothing to say so.

I am hoping that 3rd times a charm and every post I put on from here on out will be about how whenever I fly a rainbow appears but I am very skeptical at this point.
00nothing is offline Find More Posts by 00nothing
Old Aug 16, 2011, 03:54 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Thanks guys, and good luck 00nothing!!
rooni79 is offline Find More Posts by rooni79
Old Aug 16, 2011, 04:02 PM
United States, OR, Hood River
Joined Jul 2011
13 Posts
I've run about 30 batteries threw my Polecat and no issues. The plane flies like its on rails. Now if only my UM Stryker would ship....
mxpdx is offline Find More Posts by mxpdx
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:18 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
broke my wheel panties tonight....my falt I wanted to cath da cat in flight,...and I almost pulled it off.........
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:18 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
got the panties off though
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:59 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
got the panties off though
Thats the main thing!!
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:03 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
Amen Brother
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:20 AM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Bloody rain. No maiden for me today. Tomorrow looks crappy too
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:37 AM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Aug 2011
731 Posts
I love my Polecat! Wasn't sure at first that it would be different enough from my Sukhoi XP to justify getting it. But I was wrong!

I maidened it after flying the XP, and truth to tell, I liked the XP better at first. It is definitely more responsive. But I think that's because I've had the XP for almost a year, have many flights on it, and know it well and am comfortable with it. However, the more I fly the Polecat, the more comfortable I'm getting with it and I love it for it's own sake.

As others have said, it "flys on rails". I did bump the low rates up to 70% and moved the rudder and elevator pushrods in one hole to gain more control. No expo on low and very little on high...maybe 8%.

She looks so pretty in the air. I love the color scheme! Great visibility. Was flying last night about dusk. Sometimes flying a black silhouette for a moment. No orientation problems. Wheel pants helped with that.

Low passes?...Just pretend you're a pylon and fly it around you for a neat thrill! Landings are as easy and sweet as with the XP. I just gotta watch out for small stones in the street...they're boulder-sized for that scale plane and can move the wheel pants out of line. I may glue them on some time to avoid that. But maybe they're better being moved around than broken. So far mine are still looking new.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Maybe you get the idea...I love my Polecat!
shepflyr is offline Find More Posts by shepflyr
Old Aug 17, 2011, 03:36 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
Nothing wrong with that
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:14 PM
RC keeps me sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,388 Posts
I need to chime in here, maidened my PC & put about 10 NanoTech 160's thru it today.
It is a very stable and as said before flies like it's on rails. Very aerobatic too considering what it is. Rolls are fast and crisp, vertical performance was totally unexpected as it can go straight up on command. It snap rolled 3 times before I realized it could. Even got in a half decent knife edge. It is a great agile, stabile performer. The only thing I did before flight was to put tape on both sides of the wheel pants, as it turned out landing on grass did crease one but the tape kept it from breaking. Oh slow flight was much, much better than expected and landings were extremely easy. It's a 5 star plane and a fun package that's a pretty good bang for the buck and a very good step up from the UM warbirds.
microDan is online now Find More Posts by microDan
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:41 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
wow you got a PC to fly.....thats awesome
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:26 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
May be time to upgrade this Polecat,,,,thinking of buying UMX Beast and strip electronics and install in Polecat....may need that Beast airframe at a later date.
Getting to brave with current Beast
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:39 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
May be time to upgrade this Polecat,,,,thinking of buying UMX Beast and strip electronics and install in Polecat....may need that Beast airframe at a later date.
Getting to brave with current Beast
Doesn't it make more sense to strip the used beast and start flying a new one intact? I have a few Bravo SXs enroute for 4-Site and Pole Cat upgrades
coreman is online now Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Heading to the NEAT Fair