HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:26 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,633 Posts
I could have sworn I saw one! Can't find a picture of it, though.
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:30 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
Should have added that there's always this one.
Noticed the Air Scoops are much larger on the micro.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:37 PM
Joined Jun 2011
153 Posts
girlfriend didn't want to film/come with me to fly in crazy heat so there was no film, but my polecat maidened today and oh my my my

best um I have, (corsair, champ, t28, sukhoi xp, sbach) that's right i like it better than my sbach. it has the low speed control that I find most fun about these planes

I took her out to a football/soccer pitch... took the gear off, put my thunderpower 150 in and was off... had it on low rates on the first flight and was rather dissapointed with the plane... I flipped to hi rate and ohhhh baby... flies so tight... two clicks up ele and I was flying perfect... was just loving the control. flawless aerobatics, inverted all day... and the slow flying... this is where it shines... If you're like me and get a thrill out of scraching the tail wheel on the grass this is the plane.

I also would say, this is the um to learn alerion on, it's just such a kitten ^^

best 100 bucks I've spent in this hobby.
apothecarion is offline Find More Posts by apothecarion
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:06 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,633 Posts
Slow flight for me is pretty important. Speed is just not my thing. That's a pretty good sell you just made!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:25 PM
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,060 Posts
I am feeling like such a klutz
I have flown my Polecat twice , crashed on maiden , got away from me ......
crashed on the second flight in a tree ........
I ranged checked it on the ground , its programed as they said on my DX6i , I am just finding it fast and hard to fly .
The T-28 , the Champ , the Corsair , and Albatros , I can fly , but not the Polecat , YET .

to be continued
wattman is online now Find More Posts by wattman
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:53 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattman View Post
I am feeling like such a klutz
I have flown my Polecat twice , crashed on maiden , got away from me ......
crashed on the second flight in a tree ........
I ranged checked it on the ground , its programed as they said on my DX6i , I am just finding it fast and hard to fly .
The T-28 , the Champ , the Corsair , and Albatros , I can fly , but not the Polecat , YET .

to be continued
Did you have any expo dialed in? If it is getting the best of you, don't be afraid to dial down the travel a bit more and put some expo in. Then you can gradually go back the other way as you get used to it. You don't need full throttle for starters either. Mine will still loop and roll at 50% throttle or even a bit less. Try setting ailerons down to 60% and putting about 30% expo in and throttle stick right in the middle or slightly lower. That should tame it down. Don't try rolls close to the ground or put yourself in a position where you need to change directions quick with it set this way though. You will be dialing things up in no time.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:56 PM
Let's get low, let's get fast.
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Dec 2009
311 Posts
What a blast!

I picked a Pole Cat up from work today, and took her up on her maiden around sunset at the ball field next to my house. Light wind with 6-7 MPH gusts. No problems at all.

I set the Pole Cat up on the recommended DX6i settings for the Sukhoi. I also moved the pushrod on the rudder in by one hole.

I took her up and did loops, rolls, circuits, lazy figure 8's, fast passes, and touch and go landings with no problems, right out of the box. No trimming required. It's not too fast, but still fast enough. A Hyperion perks the plane up nicely, maybe 10-15%% more speed, if I had to guess.

The plane lands easily and is pretty resilient. I nosed-in, once, at low altitude, which caused some minor cosmetic damage to the spinner. The infield has some grass patches, which caught the wheels and flipped/spun the plane a few times. No damage at all. I caught the grass twice on approach, which immediately arrested the plane, but did no damage to the landing gear at all.

I'm very happy with this plane

@

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan23 View Post
A question for all you Pole Cat experts.
I learnt to fly on a Champ and have progressed to other R/E/T planes of about 1m span. I'm now looking to get my first plane with ailerons....
So, my question is. Would the Pole cat be too much of a jump from the Champ?
Art,

The Pole Cat is the first plane I've ever flown. To be fair, I have been flying 4ch and 6ch heli's for awhile, so I'm used to keeping my bird from pitching all over the place. I would recommend getting a simulator like Phoenix, a radio like the DX6i, and practice. I've saved thousands of dollars learning on it. If you can fly (and land )well enough on the simulator, you can fly the Pole Cat!
kilgore_trout is offline Find More Posts by kilgore_trout
Last edited by kilgore_trout; Jul 27, 2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:47 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,398 Posts
Pole Cat + More Indoors............

well first off sorry for muti posting this post, so if you have seen it in another thread again sorry about that

well i went to the indoor session last week that is held once a month here in Adelaide, there was a good turn out and i got some great footage of the new Pole Cat doing laps inside, also caught it in a mid air that your see later in the vid and it flew away with just a spinner missing, not sure what condition the other plane ended up

the reason i multi posted is there are so many micros there i'm sure people in other threads would like to see their UM, so theres the Pole Cat, a T-28,F4U Corsair,Mosquito, Sbach, Extra 300 3-d, a big profile drops off a P-51 it collected in the air, the Sbach flown like we haven't seen yet and indoors and many more planes too, so sit back and enjoy

cheers chuck

An Evening Flying Indoors At ETSA Park (12 min 31 sec)
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:36 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1,633 Posts
When you mentioned flying it indoors, I had to wonder how big of a place you had to use...a basketball court (what I would normally have available) just doesn't seem nearly big enough to really do anything more than barely-in-control circles.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:12 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
well first off sorry for muti posting this post, so if you have seen it in another thread again sorry about that

well i went to the indoor session last week that is held once a month here in Adelaide, there was a good turn out and i got some great footage of the new Pole Cat doing laps inside, also caught it in a mid air that your see later in the vid and it flew away with just a spinner missing, not sure what condition the other plane ended up

the reason i multi posted is there are so many micros there i'm sure people in other threads would like to see their UM, so theres the Pole Cat, a T-28,F4U Corsair,Mosquito, Sbach, Extra 300 3-d, a big profile drops off a P-51 it collected in the air, the Sbach flown like we haven't seen yet and indoors and many more planes too, so sit back and enjoy

cheers chuck
- Mid-air between large foamy and UM Mustang P-51 is truly a riot!
- The guy who's flying the Sbach is absolutely awesome!
- Sadly, the guy who is flying the Extra 300 3D doesn't know much about flying it. It was the only airplane (other than the large foamy) who could have been giving a real good show, in that size gym, but sadly, it didn't. The Pole Cat is also just flying in thight circles.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:11 AM
Joined Jun 2011
153 Posts
what is that bipe and flat foamie in your vid flying around with the polecat
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:32 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apothecarion View Post
what is that bipe and flat foamie in your vid flying around with the polecat
the bipe is the E-Flite Jenny not sure what the foamy was, but there were a lot of Dualskys F3P Breeze pros around

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:04 AM
Joined Jun 2011
153 Posts
loved that bipe... looked so smooth in there... thanks for the info chuck
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:42 AM
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,060 Posts
As always thanks for shareing the video
Watching the planes reminded me of control line flying , fast in a circle
I think I know now why I would not want to fly inside , especially if someone is useing a whistle
wattman is online now Find More Posts by wattman
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:53 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattman View Post
I think I know now why I would not want to fly inside , especially if someone is useing a whistle
Looked like a volleyball game was going on on the other side of the gym.