Joined May 2011
108 Posts
Thank you for the vid Chuck !
Mespert is offline Find More Posts by Mespert
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:01 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,061 Posts
Thanks Chuck - you da man. I really appreciate seeing a real person flying these things opposed to the majicians at Horizon. Looking forward to more.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:09 AM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Yep, thanks Chuck. I tell ya every time I see more video of this plane I get even more excited than I already am. As stated by you and a couple others this is exactly the step I am looking for from the UM Warbirds to something much sportier but not quite as twitchy as the Sukhoi. I plane on getting the Sukhoi eventually but I plan on honing my skills on this 1st. Personally I'm not looking for a 3D plane, just something that has a good roll rate (better than the UM Warbirds) and can be flown inverted easily etc. This should fill the bill nicely I think. Have fun at your fly in!

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:10 AM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Now Available!

Woohoo! I see that HH's site now shows that it is available!!
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=PKZU1480

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:27 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
Woohoo! I see that HH's site now shows that it is available!!
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=PKZU1480

-B
Yes we should have them here in Australia, on the selves by the end of next week so the Modelflight site says anyway

it really was a different plane today when i flew it, mainly because i could see a little better, what i was doing

hope you guys are as impressed as i was when i opened that box up, you will not believe how slick the foam is watch out on grass for those pesky wheel pans, i took my wheels off today

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:39 AM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,444 Posts
Wasn't the new PZ micro being released today?
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:42 AM
Joined Jun 2011
153 Posts
tomorrow I believe
apothecarion is offline Find More Posts by apothecarion
Old Jul 20, 2011, 01:18 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
Yep, thanks Chuck. I tell ya every time I see more video of this plane I get even more excited than I already am. As stated by you and a couple others this is exactly the step I am looking for from the UM Warbirds to something much sportier but not quite as twitchy as the Sukhoi. I plane on getting the Sukhoi eventually but I plan on honing my skills on this 1st. Personally I'm not looking for a 3D plane, just something that has a good roll rate (better than the UM Warbirds) and can be flown inverted easily etc. This should fill the bill nicely I think. Have fun at your fly in!

-B
It's a matter of taste, of course, but the UM Pole Cat looks slicker than the Sukhoi, too.
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Old Jul 20, 2011, 01:22 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
Wasn't the new PZ micro being released today?
Later today (tomorrow in Australia)
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jul 20, 2011, 01:23 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Hey, Chuck. I'm a sucker for planes with pants on the wheels. Always loved the look of the Sig Rascal.

Do you think you can fly OK with the Pole Cat's pants if you're flying off of pavement?
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Old Jul 20, 2011, 02:02 PM
ICU
Check out my Shapeways Shop
Dallas,Tx.
Joined Apr 2007
1,202 Posts
Nice video Chuck.

I don't know if it was because you zoomed in a little more for the PoleCat flight. But it did look faster than the Sukhoi.

Do you still fly with the OEM prop on the Sukhoi? Or have you upgraded to a 5030/5043? I think with a 5043 on that PoleCat it might cover some ground pretty quick.
ICU is offline Find More Posts by ICU
Old Jul 20, 2011, 03:37 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Jan 2007
697 Posts
Guys,

We did start shipping these yesterday. You should start seeing them on dealer's shelves this weekend!

Have fun!

Seth Arnold
Product Development
Horizon Hobby
3D-Seth is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 20, 2011, 03:38 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Nice video! It looks schweet! I can't wait for one
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Jul 20, 2011, 03:39 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Jan 2007
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Hey, Chuck. I'm a sucker for planes with pants on the wheels. Always loved the look of the Sig Rascal.

Do you think you can fly OK with the Pole Cat's pants if you're flying off of pavement?
Dave,

Flying off of pavement with wheel pants should not be an issue.

Seth
Product Development
Horizon Hobby
3D-Seth is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 20, 2011, 04:21 PM
ICU
Check out my Shapeways Shop
Dallas,Tx.
Joined Apr 2007
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post

If the pants are anything like the ones on the Sbach. You shouldn't have too much problem landing on pavement. One of them on my Sbach is very loose and doesn't always stay straight (they are screwed on, but I'm afraid of striping out those small threads by going another full turn). But most likely any unintended landings in the grass (just miss the runway or get blown off just before touch-down) and that little piece of foam is just gonna snap off.

I'm in the process of having some "scale" pants made for my Sbach. I got an e-mail yesterday saying they started production on them. As soon as I get them and test fit them I will have them for sale. Keep an eye on this thread for more info as it comes. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470048.
ICU is offline Find More Posts by ICU