Finaly found a video
Post 103
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:02 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Hey Chuck....what happened bud? You said your lady was coming last weekend and that you were going to try to get some more flights in with her video taping. Did she not show? Did the weather frap out on ya? Or did you just stay indoors and play with the lady friend? LOL We need some more video to feed our fixes my friend.

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:09 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,861 Posts
I'll second the request for more Chuck video of this one. A little brighter and closer please. Come on - help us out here.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:10 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I'll second the request for more Chuck video of this one. A little brighter and closer please. Come on - help us out here.
He just got the new SE5a and the NEW plane is coming out tomorrow.

Good luck getting any Polecat action for a while.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jul 19, 2011, 01:43 PM
ICU
Check out my Shapeways Shop
Dallas,Tx.
Joined Apr 2007
1,202 Posts
He posted up in the thread going for the new release that he was gonna get some more video of the PoleCat flying indoors. I assume at that "release party". It will prob be a little easier to track the plane with the camera indoors.
ICU is offline Find More Posts by ICU
Old Jul 19, 2011, 01:57 PM
Joined Jun 2011
153 Posts
dunno if this is news but my lhs said the order has been shipped and will be in stores Friday
apothecarion is offline Find More Posts by apothecarion
Old Jul 19, 2011, 03:43 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,146 Posts
OK, so it's a little off topic but then again, maybe not...some of us like to record our sorties, right?

well... if you have absolutely nothing else to do with you life for the next 5 min or so, check out my iPhone 4 HD hat cam idea

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473981
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Jul 19, 2011, 04:58 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,048 Posts
Mine is on the way

Maybe I'm the first to post. I preordered from Horizon and I just got an email that it has been sent via UPS.
Swilson50
aka
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is offline Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:10 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,404 Posts
Right on all count guys, first up the weather has been atrocious here, it is the middle of winter so i just haven't been able to get out, yes the SE-5a arrived yesterday i spent all last night filming the unboxing and build will edit that today and yes tomorrow night (Thursday) i am heading down town for the release of the new indoor UM from PZ and will get footage of both the new plane and the Pole Cat flying indoors

if my last couple of weeks haven't been busy enough, with all the new releases, the next couple will be just as, but i guess when your in R/C heaven Busy is just normal

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:21 PM
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Jun 2011
144 Posts
i also ordered one from my local shop, they said it should be here around the 23rd or so. i cant wait!

for me i think this will be perfect. i dont want a 3D flyer, im just not a fan of that in general, but i would like something a little sportier than the T-28 (which i absolutely love) for when i want to do more aerobatics or otherwise screw around. this fits the bill almost perfectly in my book.
fwa2500 is offline Find More Posts by fwa2500
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:26 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Right on all count guys, first up the weather has been atrocious here, it is the middle of winter so i just haven't been able to get out, yes the SE-5a arrived yesterday i spent all last night filming the unboxing and build will edit that today and yes tomorrow night (Thursday) i am heading down town for the release of the new indoor UM from PZ and will get footage of both the new plane and the Pole Cat flying indoors

if my last couple of weeks haven't been busy enough, with all the new releases, the next couple will be just as, but i guess when your in R/C heaven Busy is just normal

cheers chuck
I just checked the weather channel and it said your weather was sunny with overnite lows of 45 and daytime high of 60 with 3 mph winds. If that's your winter, I really feel sorry for you guys. Here winter is -10 with 35 mph winds and now it is 105 with 93% humidity. I had a barbecue Sunday and didn't have to light the grill - just put the meat in it and closed it back up - a couple of hours later it was done to a T.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:40 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I just checked the weather channel and it said your weather was sunny with overnite lows of 45 and daytime high of 60 with 3 mph winds. If that's your winter, I really feel sorry for you guys. Here winter is -10 with 35 mph winds and now it is 105 with 93% humidity. I had a barbecue Sunday and didn't have to light the grill - just put the meat in it and closed it back up - a couple of hours later it was done to a T.
yep today is a beautiful day and the wind is only blowing at 12kph here were i live, BUT i do have another life apart from R/C Groups i have finished one job today and have another to go to as i'm trying to catch up on the work i've missed because of the weather I'll get there all in good time, patience is a virtue

cheers chuck
Old Jul 20, 2011, 06:04 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,404 Posts
New Vid Pole Cat & Xp26...........

Ok the wind dropped out at dusk and i'd had enough computer today i needed a fly so wanting to try out my latest modification to my helmet cam and the Pole Cat going back to the dealer tomorrow, i thought i'd get the Xp out and fly first then get the Pole Cat out for a bit of comparison

well i'm glad to report the footage of the Xp, which i flew first worked good but i could see i had more room to zoom in so for the Pole Cat i Zoomed it in a bit, a lot better, but i reckon i have room to zoom in a bit more and still catch all the footage

anyway after another flight with the Pole Cat and being able to actually see it this time, as the sun was shining as it went down i was able to do a few more maneuvers

as a comparison between the two first up the Xp is much harder to fly being real twitchy compared to the Pole Cat. My Xp seemed a little faster on applying the throttle, BUT! once up to speed the Pole Cat seems to get faster and as you start to do more maneuvers, any dive and the speed is real quick, i think the sleek lines of this plane combined with that super slick surface, makes for a slippery plane

I used my 160mAh Hyperion's in both planes and really wonder if the Pole Cat will gain a bit of acceleration and speed as the motor wears in, this was only it's second flight as this baby was brand new in an unopened box when i got it, where as my Xp is a year old and had many many flights

well as promised too, i'm off to town tomorrow night to film the Pole Cat being flown indoors and the new UM ?????? being flown indoors, then i get to bring this baby home and let it rip in it's true element

enjoy the vid, i'm sure those that want to move up from the war birds to something just a tad sportier this is the plane for you

oh and you guys who fly UMX if you want a quick slippery (for brushed) "Relaxing" plane to fly, then for $99 i don't think your find better, whos to know how it would fly with the different prop?

ok thats it for now, enjoy guys

cheers chuck

ParkZone's Sukhoi XP26 Vs UMS Pole Cat (5 min 11 sec)
Old Jul 20, 2011, 06:17 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
being flown indoors and the new UM ?????? being flown indoors,
You got more news then chuck?!
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88