HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:36 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,435 Posts
Yeah, I am still torn on what to do. I was going to buy the F-86 and I may have waited too long. I do have a 15% off discount code I can use to buy the Mig though for $144. The stock batteries are on backorder and I don't like using non-stock batteries in there in planes like that. CG is not something I like trying to dial in on any plane, much less one like the expensive little Mig lol
GBLynden is online now Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:32 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
Yeah, I am still torn on what to do. I was going to buy the F-86 and I may have waited too long. I do have a 15% off discount code I can use to buy the Mig though for $144. The stock batteries are on backorder and I don't like using non-stock batteries in there in planes like that. CG is not something I like trying to dial in on any plane, much less one like the expensive little Mig lol
well let us know what you get bro
either one you will have lots of fun with it
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:05 AM
Eat, Fly, Dream, Repeat...
United States, GA, Jefferson
Joined Jun 2012
787 Posts
Spectrum offers a SD card download of dual rates and expo pre-sets to my DX7s for the UM PC.
Has anyone tried these yet? If so, do you like them?
IfIHadWings is online now Find More Posts by IfIHadWings
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCM&E "Can-Doo" scratch...
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:49 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIHadWings View Post
Spectrum offers a SD card download of dual rates and expo pre-sets to my DX7s for the UM PC.
Has anyone tried these yet? If so, do you like them?
I moved the Pushrods in on the Rudder and Elevator for more throw and fly at full rates with no expo. Battery all the way back, battery stuffed into the whole, it still was super easy to fly with no bad habits.

Unless you are a complete beginner, just fly it on full rates with no expo. The Polecat is easier to fly level at a constant altitude without porpoise than a T-28... so no elevator expo is needed, the rudder is small so no rudder or dual rates are needed there, and the roll rate is slow enough, even with a long throw servo that dual rates aren't needed and it is easy to keep the wings level so no expo is needed on ailerons, either.

Maybe if you move the AIleron pushrod to the inside hole you might need a little expo, but I would think the High rates are 100% with 0% expo. You might fly on the low rates once or twice, but then you'll never use them again.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:04 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
GP is knocking down HH with there lower prices
Interesting observation, I would like to see the corporate P&L sheets to see just who is outselling who. According to our LHS, the GP F-86 is not moving all that fast off the shelf, as noted by the number of them still sitting on the shelf. However, a UMX MiG 15 rarely sits on the shelf for more than one or two days, before it's gone. Presently, they are on back order. This may very well reflect the purchasing interest in this local area, thus not representing the overall market activity. One feature that cannot be overlooked is the very good pricing arrangement, to include the AnyLink hardware, for the GP UM F-86. I would sure like to see one fly here in this area. A "hands on" test helped sell me on the Mini MiG. I hope the competition will indeed produce better and more products. So nice to have these products available or on the way!

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:25 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,188 Posts
I am selling my polecat that had around 4 or 5 flights. I am including the tail set that is needed. Here is my original thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1735075

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:53 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
well let us know what you get bro
either one you will have lots of fun with it
It turns out the F-86 went off sale last night, so now it is roughly the same price as the Mig with discount. Now extra crap on my Tx and pretty good customer service, the choice just it easier!

I am also closely eyeing the spit, but the discount isn't working for that plane when I put it in my cart or that would have already been ordered lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:50 AM
Joined Jun 2012
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Try GWS Props.com

The Spinner I used was from GW/SPN001
Ordered two pair today...thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:15 PM
Smasher of foam
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
201 Posts
Can anybody recommend an RC simulator with a decent reproduction of this UM Polecat? I've got a DX6i coming in the mail tomorrow and a USB hookup next week.

I've been flying the polecat now for about two weeks and I want to try some more difficult maneuvers---especially flat spins---but I'm not having much success in the real world.
FunkeyMonk is offline Find More Posts by FunkeyMonk
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:21 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,435 Posts
I don't know anything about sims, but I have found that flying way up high before trying any stunts has helped me out. Then again, I don't do too many stunts and am not sure what a flat spin is.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
I fly a lot of the planes in Phoenix. No one is a match for any UM.

It doesn't work very well on my laptop with Intel on-board video (business-class), but works very well on my desktop with a $120 nVidia card -- not high-end at all, but good enough for the job.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Jun 2012
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkeyMonk View Post
Can anybody recommend an RC simulator with a decent reproduction of this UM Polecat? I've got a DX6i coming in the mail tomorrow and a USB hookup next week.

I've been flying the polecat now for about two weeks and I want to try some more difficult maneuvers---especially flat spins---but I'm not having much success in the real world.
Try Great Planes' "Real Flight Basic" (http://www.realflight.com/basic.html) @ $49. It is reasonably priced and offers a good collect of planes and helis. You can alter the wind speed and direction as well as the flying scene. It does n
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Jun 2012
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkeyMonk View Post

Try Great Planes' "Real Flight Basic" (http://www.realflight.com/basic.html) @ $49. It is reasonably priced and offers a good collection of planes and helis. You can alter the wind speed and direction as well as the flying scene. It does not include an ultra micro per se but it does have a couple of planes with similar flight characteristics.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:12 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIHadWings View Post
Try Great Planes' "Real Flight Basic" (http://www.realflight.com/basic.html) @ $49. It is reasonably priced and offers a good collect of planes and helis. You can alter the wind speed and direction as well as the flying scene. It does n
It is easy to set-up? Some sims are extremely annoy and difficult to configure correctly unless you are an expert.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:48 AM
Canada, BC, Port Alberni
Joined Jun 2012
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
I don't know anything about sims, but I have found that flying way up high before trying any stunts has helped me out. Then again, I don't do too many stunts and am not sure what a flat spin is.
"altidude" is our friend,.. totaly if your doing anything really,.. i know from "XP" as ive killed my PC more than once from just needing a lil' more hieght lol. and a "flat spin" is when your plane is at a "stall" but falling horizontal spinning,..... "full right or left rudder with "up" elevator i think would do it,but you'll may have to also keep some throttle,to help keep our polecats noses up,..as you'll may need the prop wind to the elevator depending on where you have your battery also best to "adjust" your "adjusters" to the max because i've never tried it before Lynden lollol hope that helps a lil
B.C.NEWFIE is offline Find More Posts by B.C.NEWFIE